It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: 'BMWs' Help Afghans Go AWOL From Texas Air Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

EXCLUSIVE: 'BMWs' Help Afghans Go AWOL From Texas Air Base

www.foxnews.com

A loose network of Mexican-American women, some of whom may be illegal immigrants, have been responsible for helping numerous Afghan military deserters go AWOL from an Air Force Base in Texas, FoxNews.com has learned.

Many of the Afghans, with the women's assistance, have made their way to Canada; the whereabouts of others remain unknown. Some of the men have been schooled by the women in how to move around the U.S. without any documentation.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

The Afghan deserters refer to the women as "BMWs" — Big Mexican Women — and they often are the first step in the Afghans' journey from Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas, to Canada, a diplomatic official told FoxNews.com. He requested anonymity because he is not authorized to speak publicly during an ongoing investigation by U.S. and international authorities into who helped the Afghans leave the Defense Language Institute’s English Language Center at Lackland.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This has got to be one of the craziest stories I have heard all week. I wonder if this has anything to do with Mexican drug cartels reaching out to Afghan or Taliban militia leaders? It may be a stretch but it's possible.

But the women do more than drive the "getaway cars"; sources said they also provide the deserters with crucial advice and encouragement, apparently drawn from their own personal experiences. The women, they said, have told some of the men that it's possible to live in the U.S. illegally...

...The official said most of the students were too afraid of life on the run to ever consider going AWOL — until they met the women, who assured them that many people live illegally in the U.S. and in Canada without getting caught or deported.

“They hear stories from them about people who do it … some of their family came here illegally, some of them I think are not legal themselves,” said the official.

“They say, 'See, it’s OK. I am fine. I will help. No problem.' And the students listen and then they go.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Of course, we aren't really setting a very good example. Apparently, many of these women are illegally living here, so they are telling these Afghan officers that it is easy to do the same.

--airspoon

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

This may add a little light to wether or not the drug cartels had some help regarding that car bomb recently. It seems really strange that the car bomb was the first one used against federal police. I wonder if maybe the drug cartel had a deal with certain groups that they could get them into the US and all they would have to do is teach them about car bombs and other tactics they did not have or know. Anything is possible. This is just my observation on this situation.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Hey, good observation, however I think it's more likely that the cartels would learn from their South American bretheren, about the art of explosives. Colombia was a haven for narco-terrorism, aided by the CIA of course, not too long ago.

With that being said, I have no doubts that some form of terrorist has at least tried to make contact with the drug cartels of Mexico.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
I wonder if this has anything to do with Mexican drug cartels reaching out to Afghan or Taliban militia leaders? It may be a stretch but it's possible.

I'd say you are right on the money. Ranchers and locals have stated the middle eastern men have crossed into The USA numerous times.
SNF

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I thought about that also, but I think some of the SA cartels would love to have the mexican route from these cartels because if I remember correctly I heard a while ago that the SA cartels are having to pay these mexican cartels to secure an easier way from Mexico to the US. Not saying that they have not had contact with each other it is just no cartel likes to have and pay another as that does cut into the profit margin. I don't put anything past these cartels when it comes to sending their product to the states. I just hope that this trend is not slowly working its way north, because if it is we are in for a real serious escalation in violence with the war on drugs in the US.

top topics

join