It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This November, reelect... no one

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This November, whether you are a Democrat, a Republican, or an independent, should not matter. You should be an American, period.

Our current government, and our current officials, are the most corrupt in the History of the United States.

If you have the guts to try and change this:

1. Do not vote consistantly along party lines.

2. Do not look at the party, look at who is the incumbent.

It does not matter if the challenger to the incumbent is the worlds biggest sleaze bag , vote for him anyway.

No matter who gets elected they are bound to be, practiced, corrupt, liars, who will try to continue the status quo.

Do not believe one word from any of them. After all they are politicians.

What would be accomplished using this method?

Yes we would still have corrupt liars in-charge, but at least they would all be newbees, and it would take them time to figure out how to organize to form the current level of group corruption, that currently exists. It would significantly slow down our eventual demise, If we vote out those who can teach, and quickly renew the status quo.

If we as a country did this each and every election, it would be a form of forced term limits. It would be a huge black eye to the government machine every two years. For that matter who knows, maybe the politicians would actually have to work for the people, if they ever stood a chance at reelection.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Side note:

Another big reason to vote for the "sleaze bag", is that they are not as good at hiding it. Much easier to discern their true intentions later on.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

I will do my part, but in the end, what will change? I am convinced if you want to change it, you need to run. Voting for Alvin Green won't fix SC's problems, it will delay them for two years. Maybe that is a good thing. But I hope this works.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

If I was in SC, I would vote for him in a heartbeat. Any, monkey wrench you can throw into the corruption machine, by all means do so.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm all for this. But it's far too slow a process. To save this country, we need an immediate turnover of the entire Congress that has, say, served at least one full term and then to impose strict term limits and lobby reform.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Hey Lucidity-

I agree with you, Though those that are currently in control, can not, and will not allow this to happen. Yes it would take time, but this way we would be able to at least weaken that power base to help make your idea a reality.

PS. Ironically, the novel I've been working on for the last five years is called "Lucidity". Hoping to publish this year. Keep an eye out.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Oh I agreed with the voting out the incumbents part...this isn't new...the rumble's been about for at least the last 6 years that I'm aware of, and I've been voting that way as long. But it's really not quick enough.

And, of course, the people in power will never go for it. Congress itself isn't going to pass term limits of lobby reform. That's why we need another way. And fast.

Cool name for a novel...can't wait to read it. For me, lucidty is a goal...not a state achieved. :p

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more!!! That is my plan and i hope everyone does the same...i know they are politicians and they are all corrupt but it will take a while for them to get it in their corrupt groove. I hope the sleaze balls are scared to death of what will happen when they get voted out!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I agree that we should vote out EVERYONE and start over. Newcomers
couldn't mess up as bad as what we have now. They would be sharp,
awake, and eager to serve, instead of dictating.

What we have now are the most corrupt, lying, morally bankrupt thugs
that could ever exist.

With all of the higher than mighty trash thrown out of Washington, it
would send a very strong message to newcomers that if they screw up
and do the same, they also would be voted out the very next election.
That alone would be the incentive to serve the people like they are
supposed to do, as opposed to being little czars and dictators to the
American people.

I was a Republican for most of my adult life until two years ago when I
changed to non-partisan or independent, depending on your view.

I absolutely get road rage over the constant Democratic and Republican
discord and lies and deceipt and corruption. Not that independents are
really any different, but I just didn't want to be associated with any
particular side. I say get rid of them all and start over and at least give
it a chance to work. That is why we have elections constantly.
Off of my soapbox now.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I think the primary issue is that most people have not considered this option, and continue to vote down party lines. The question is how to spread the word. Maybe somthing as simple as t-shirts and bumper stickers, I don't know. Maybe if enough t-shirts and bumper stickers get out there, you can get a news interview. Sometimes very small actions cascade into huge results.

P.S. Fictional book, I also strive for the true meaning of the word.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Funny how backlash against the ruling party is being seen as an anti-incumbent turn.

The media controls you, and you think the way they want you to. It's true if they report it, and if they don't report it it doesn't exist.

The Republican incumbents that got thrown out? Wasn't because they were incumbents.....it's because they voted against the will of their constituents and voted for the Stimulus package.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

carseller4

The media controls you, and you think the way they want you to. It's true if they report it, and if they don't report it it doesn't exist.

The media doesn't control anyone. I am not controlled by them. Why do
you think that way? I refuse to be controlled by any of the news outlets.
They may control what is being broadcast, but they have no control over
anyones life. If you think that your life is being controlled by the media,
I suggest you clear your head, stop being brainwashed, and start doing
the controlling. Also, the TV that I own has on on/off switch on the remote.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by endtimer]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Not realizing that BOTH parties are equally corrupt, and that NEITHER has your best interests in mind, proves true media control. The two parties, at this point simply exist, to divide and control.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Does anyone else see this as nothing but an unabashed, overt plug for the Republithug party. Let's see. Vote out all incumbents. Vote in the challengers. Since the Dems hold a majority in the Senate and HoR, the plug is to vote for a majority of Republicans.
Sure such a plan is easier, and a sop for those too lazy too actually investigate the candidates. Why spend the time trying to pick the candidate who best fits your views on the issues and who you think would be best for the country when it's so much easier, albeit intellectually corrupt, to just "throw them all out."

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

There are thousands of us out there every election cycle, agitating for this.

It needs to happen, again and again, until we the people get what we need:

I propose:

1) An end to soft money
2) Hard term limits at all levels of government
3) Line item veto at the executive level

Some downsides: unelected career bureaucrats will tend to control everything, which means we need to figure out a way to limit thei rpower as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

This backlash is against the ruling government period. It is not driven along party lines. But I understand your confusion...this is much easier to both execute and comprehend. for people who 1.) know where the real problems lie and 2.) aren''t hung up on parties affiliations.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

I support neither party, nor for that matter, the government as a whole. If I lived in a state where the incumbent was a Republican, yes I would vote for the challenger. The point is not to put either party in "control". The point is to weaken the corrupt power structure, which is dividing and destroying our country, year, after year, after year.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd
Does anyone else see this as nothing but an unabashed, overt plug for the Republithug party. Let's see. Vote out all incumbents. Vote in the challengers. Since the Dems hold a majority in the Senate and HoR, the plug is to vote for a majority of Republicans.
Sure such a plan is easier, and a sop for those too lazy too actually investigate the candidates. Why spend the time trying to pick the candidate who best fits your views on the issues and who you think would be best for the country when it's so much easier, albeit intellectually corrupt, to just "throw them all out."

The idea of voting someone in that fits a persons views is one thing.
But once they get in and stay there for a long period of time, your views
mean absolutely nothing to them. The only thing that matters is their own
power, corruption and greed. The wishes of the people go out the door
and most likely aren't even listened to in the first place. That is why it
sounds practical to at least vote new people in and let them know from
the first day that we won't tolerate any more liars and crooks. And remind
them that another election is just down the road a short distance.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

Thank, you. You beat me to it. Once again though, how do we get the message out? How do we convince people who use words like "Republithugs" and "Demokrats" that they have been, currently are, and will continue to be played? The best interest of the country is to tear down the two party system. How do we convince others of this?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

You can vote out an incumbent without changing parties, but you must do so in the primaries.

Have ALL incumbents failed, or have WE failed to hold them accountable. I think both, so vote the bums out. Just leave Ron Paul alone, he is one of the good guys.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join