It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iphone glitch or Glitch in the Matrix?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Something really strange happened to me last night and I'm trying to find out if this has ever happened to anyone else.

I was working late last night and my phone was in my purse inside my locked locker at work. At 10:50 i got off of work to see that there were 5 missed calls from my fiance. I called him back and he was panicking. He said he was on his way to my job, I was completely puzzled as to why he was coming and he told me I had just called him crying hysterically saying i was pregnant. There was no doubt in his mind that it was me. He even talked to me (errr her) on the phone for two minutes. She called him by his name also. She was just crying and he asked her where she was and she quickly said she couldn't talk anymore and she had to go and hung up. What gets me is he has the incoming call from me at 10:32, and when whoever called him, my name, my picture, AND my own personalized ringtone went off. On my phone I don't have an outgoing call at all since 6 pm that night. No one touched my phone since i was the only one with my locker code and I have the original Iphone so you cant delete an individual call unless you delete the entire list. My Fiance is still freaking out and I keep telling him to relax because it's just one of those things we will never be able to understand what happened. Unless of course it was just his iphone acting up and a girl who sounded like me just happened to call him and knew his name. We checked his phone to see if any of his friends had changed their information to match mine, but with their number, but we found nothing. Perhaps its a glitch in the matrix? Thanks in advance for the feedback. Me and my fiance both appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Could be just something as simple as a crossed line, but to be honest that would of freaked me right out. The fact that your partner was certain it was you is really strange, if anyone should recognise what you sound like he would or should. Going to show this one to the missus later......she'll like this one.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
sounds like one of your hubbys mates( and the mates girlfriend or something) was playing a pratical joke on him

its pretty easy to spoof a phone number

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
i hope it was just a joke and not me from the future or something. I do not need any kids anytime soon! If it was his friends they did a good job since they were all with him at the time, well the ones that would do something like that to him anyways.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
although it isn't an iphone incident I had a similar issue but my friend claims to have seen me in person.

I was taking classes at a technical college and had the same guy sitting next to me for at least at year at this time (2 year course). We weren't like best friends but we saw and talked to each other all day every day during the week.

One day he came in and I said "hey man what's up?" and he gave me a hateful look and said nothing. I asked what was wrong and he said nothing. I wasn't sure what to think so I stayed quiet. After about an hour he says "I can't believe you would do that to me" and I had no clue what he meant. After 10 minutes of trying to get him to tell me what happened he said he was at a Sam's Club and was at in the entertainment dept looking at a gaming console. He said I was playing on it. He said he said hi and asked if he could join me on the other controller and I said nothing. "I" kept playing and ignored him. He said "I" finally told him to get lost and he got mad and left.

He swears it was me. He said, "dude, I know you, I see you everyday and talk to you..it was YOU!" Luckily I could confirm to him where I was that day by a friend that I attended the school with in another department. He said he even wore the same shirt I wore from time to time. Creepy!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
No one has suggested this yet, but it's a solid possibility that your partner hallucinated the incident. I'm not saying he did, or if he did that he's crazy or anything, it's just possible. The easiest way to throw this aside: the call is definitely recorded in his iPhone from you with a length similar to what he experienced?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dreampsi

oh wow thats a whole different level of weird. Did he think he was crazy after that?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

the call is definitly there. After it happened when we were arguing about it he sent me a picture of the screen with it. When i saw him the following day he showed me also and we compared phones to show I had no call from my phone to his. The phone call lasted 1 minute and 58 seconds.

Also, Theres no way the phone calls mixed up because they knew his name and it sounded like me. I have a very distinct voice so its easy to recognize

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Oh gosh, sorry I can't resist: "There's an App for that." Seriously. There are two Iphone apps, not official ones, mind you, but ones for "jail-broken" Iphones that could easily accomplish what you and your fiance experienced. I've seen them in action. My husband, being the nerd and prankster that he is, got both of them. He used the voice synthesizer app to mimic his mother's voice to near perfection. The other app spoofed all her data on caller ID. He then called our house phone and left a message on our answering machine that sounded exactly like it was left by my mother in law. He only had to mimic her way of talking and her habit of pausing and the software took care of the rest--mimicking the tone and pitch. The more distinctive the voice being mimicked, the better the results seem to be. It does not matter if a male is mimicking a female or vice versa from what I could see.

Since your photo and ringtone are associated with your number on your fiance's Iphone, they will naturally come up when the incoming number is yours, even if it is spoofed.

I asked my husband for the names of the two programs but he doesn't remember. He took them off his Iphone after playing around with them because it is questionable whether the program that spoofs phone numbers is legal.

I hope that information helps you get to the bottom of your mystery and that you find the prankster. Look for someone who admits to having a jailbroken Iphone!

Here's additional info, look for the stuff under the 2010 paragraph: www.calleridspoofing.info...

They mention something called "Phone Gangster" that has voice changing as one of its features.

I honestly don't know which apps I saw my husband use when he showed me how the message on our recorder was made. Like I said, he took it all of after playing around with it for a day. One of his friends had pranked him and that's how he learned of the apps and for a couple of days the guys were going around prank calling each other and some spouses.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by SheeplFlavoredAgain]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I just found that out literally two hours ago! My friend came up to me and was like "so did you happen to receive a phone call the other night?" with a smirk on his face. He told me his friends had that app and they played a joke on my fiance. I think that should be illegal. It may be funny to the pranksters, but i do not find it funny in the least.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by halobaby

I sympathize. I'm in my 40's and so is my husband and his friends and they are STILL into pranks like that. You'd think these guys would grow out of it but they don't. A couple of years ago one of the doofuses thought it would be funny to sign me up for some annoying junk mail mailing lists. The funny thing is I enjoy the junk mail. I've gotten some interesting catalogs I wouldn't even have imagined existed. If I ever decide to become a ballerina, I know where to get some lovely tutus!

I'm glad you found your prankster and found the true cause behind this odd occurence. And I'm glad we could show how easy it is to use technology to spoof the paranormal. I believe such things as doppelgangers and odd time slips could be possible. I've seen some strange POSSIBLE examples of both in my lifetime. But such things are rare and unproven, so they are definitely not the first things to consider when technology is part of some freaky occurence. Always look first to see how the technology can be exploited to produce the observed effect. When in doubt, Google is always helpful.

new topics

top topics

join