It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Founders Charged With Death Penalty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by daniyalw

i hope the death penalty applies to idiots like these guys. they should blow themselves up at their own victory party!

stupidest thing since the doj dropped the nbp crap.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkice19

Sound like the real problem in the Muslim world is, well the Muslims.

Sounds like the real problem in this world is us, humans.

When will we stop this bickering, bitching and tainting over our form and system of worship of the same Creator whom loved us all, with each other, to the extend of using hate and harm to fuel our mortal displeasure?

Worse still, in such mix, we are further manipulated by those who only worship power and greed. When will we ever wake up?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
For those who did not read the source material, this all goes back to draw mohammad day. I am glad Face book left the whole idea up. I am glad many artist drew the comics. To think that something as silly as a cartoon drawing would even be considered a crime much less punishable by death, in itself shows exactly what the draw mohammad day is trying to change. Lets keep all the comics coming.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk

It's just all goin to come to a head soon and probably end in out-and-out war, and all because of illogical religion.

I disagree.

If we had decent diplomats / politicians worth a damn, and if they (islamic nations) had decent diplomats / politicians; we would all LIVE IN PEACE.

Did you know that many periods of time Christians, Islamic, and Jewish folks lived TOGETHER PEACEFULLY ????

The ONLY reason the religions Fight each other in War, is because their leadership (politicians diplomats etc) are idiots and cannot talk things out so they resort to warfare and imperialist expansion.

Wars almost Never Happen due to causation from Religion.

Wars happen because of Politics of Power, Geography, Resources/Economics

Religion is just the "EXCUSE" that the stupid leadership uses to convince the mindless population into fighting the pointless wars for wealth and power. Because that is their true cause. Power/wealth.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

So you believe it's perfectly fine to ridicule another's beliefs? To make a joke out of something they find sacred because YOU believe it's ridiculous? Interesting.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

ya!

got a problem with that?

you too good for a little introspection?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by RedGolem

So you believe it's perfectly fine to ridicule another's beliefs? To make a joke out of something they find sacred because YOU believe it's ridiculous? Interesting.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by ~Lucidity]

I think ridiculing someone IS a belief.

Are you ridiculing their belief to ridicule someone else's belief?

I am not saying you are but I can feel the undertones of it and it's a lot like that.

I think it's ok in the long run to ridicule a belief of someone else.

They do NOT have a right to hurt someone for ridicule though.

Thats the problem here.

A lot of you are against the "ridicule" but you are totally turning a blind eye to the MURDER of the ridiculer?

That is so backwards I can't even start to condemn it.

Murder is ALWAYS worse than mere ridicule of a fantasy character.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

No I believe it is ridicules to call for the death or criminal punishment because of some one ridiculing or what ever you want to call a comic, of something they find sacred.

Like or hate what they do I don't care. Bring the law of state into it, I care.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
For those of you who want to see some of the draw mohommad characters and more information on what was created from the back lash you can see them at this link.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
peace, lol,

bring it all out, last battle, throw the lawyers in the front, please!

get it over! i don't want my kids goin through this BS!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

At this stage of the game, Islam is the only religion still trying to demand everyone in the world follow its dictates.

Most religions today only expect their own membership to follow their particular rules.

Muslims can prohibit other Muslims from drawing Muhammed, but they have no say over whether non Muslims do so; just as if you are not Christian, Christian rules do not apply to you.

Its a built-in tension in the way Islam is practiced in some sectors that needs to change. Their religious doctrines need apply to themselves only; not anyone else.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well not having religion would be a damn good start, then we could focus our efforts elsewhere.

Could you imagine if the the time spent on religious activities was exchanged for time studying ourselves and our development? We'd be a lot more advanced than we are right now!

On a side note, I appreciate how you replied with your disagreement, sincerely - far too many people on ATS recently can be too high n mighty if they don't agree with what you say, I miss the days of healthy ATS banter! Star for that reason

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Introspection? In what regard?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
why do we wait for the caliphaite? or whatever delay excuse,

don't we(other than islam or muslim) still can't figure that out, just bring it on, in 20 yrs we can change the world!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Every action comes with a reaction.

If there had been no fire, there would not have been flames.

If one knows in advance what will start fires, why start in the first place and get everyone else burnt? I can understand if it is done for power and wealth, but just for the heck of it?

Why such stupidity? Is nothing sacred anymore? Shall we descend to the level where we make fun of mothers as well? Is this the road to flames one is recommending, after all since nothing is sacred? I am sure you will know what happens when one's mother is ridiculed.

Pause and do consider. There is much good in humanity and know what is good. Why go for extreme measures that will only end up brother fighting brother, and for someone else to benefit it all through such needless battles?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Zuckerburg hasn't been officially charged, if he is stupid enough to go to Pakistan at this time then it is likely he will.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here is some more information and cartoons on draw mohommad day.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Really? I live in America, and I could find that the evangelical Christians are pretty demanding here lately about such things as this being a Christian nation and the like. But I allow the radicals and evangelicals their beliefs and their speech and don't judge what I don't know. As for me, no Muslim or Christian is ever going to make me change, and I don't feel threatened by their beliefs or words or feeble attempts to do so, if those even exist. But that's just me.

link   
If i wanted to draw Mohammed as some kind of crab creature with a beard made from nettles whilst defecating upon a crowd of Mecca woshippers - then it is my right to do so as an artist.

Because Islamic law doesn't apply to me.

Because.... guess what... Mohammed and islam mean absolutely nothing to me - so why should I pander to them?

If i was to draw the pope in exactly the same position, then i wouldn't be too bothered either, because catholicism doesn't apply to me.

The longer we let the muslims think they can dictate their laws on us, then the longer we'll fall foul of censorship.

Screw Mohammed.

link   

you guys are like a fungus, creep, grow in he dark, insidious infiltration of other foundations.

stay the f home.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join