It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting over Fairbairn Road Peterlee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

A DAD believes he captured a UFO on camcorder after a dark object with an orange glow appeared in the skies above his home.

He has been left astonished after he witnessed the black object above properties in the Eden Hill area of Peterlee and later discovered other people had seen it as well. Paul was in his garden one night last month, around 9pm when he spotted the "UFO" hovering hundreds of feet in the sky. He said it was stationary for a few seconds, before it "flew" off to another point in the sky and stayed there for a few seconds before vanishing. Paul said: "There must be other lifeforms out there. If we are living people, I think somewhere in the universe there must be other living organisms. "I'm convinced it's a UFO, but why it chose Peterlee I don't know."

He said: "I was having a smoke near the back door and just looking up at the sky. "One minute there was nothing there at all and then all of a sudden this thing appeared. "I thought 'what on earth's that?' It wasn't a plane as you couldn't hear the engines or see a trail behind it and it wasn't a hot air balloon. "Nothing can stop and start and go off in a different direction like that. "I just found it strange. I've never seen anything like that before." Paul, who is dad to Ryan, 12, and two-year-old Jasmine, ran inside to get his camcorder to capture the sight.

www.peterleemail.co.uk

Also in the Sunderland Echo

Well thought I would post this I have no clue what it is could be a balloon or blimp but I am no expert.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by k3rm1t]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

Sightings like this i feel cannot be ignored especially if they have no explanation after investigations, unknown objects entering and leaving any country's air space at will , displaying advanced or unknown technology, surely that's a real concern for defence implications if any thing.As the British Ministry of Defence used to say, "WE DO NOT INVESTIGATE REPORTS OF UFOs AS WE DO NOT SEE IT AS A THREAT TO DEFENCE".

Well how can ,"unknown objects entering and leaving a country's,(UK), air space at will , displaying advanced or unknown technology",NOT be considered a threat to national security or the defence of that air space is beyond me.Cases of UFO reports that contain "high strangeness" reports from witnesses and are found to be unexplainable or just labelled unknown after investigations to the origins or causes cannot in my view be "of No SIGNIFICANT DEFENCE THREAT.

[edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

Well, and as usual, it’s a crappy piece of footage. But that tells us two things.

One, that pretty much rules out CGI as intentional hoaxes invariably have a “money shot” where the “UFO” is clearly visible.

Two, his camera work seems to be indicative of someone who is desperate to capture what was, for him, a real “UFO”; rushed, shaky, and out of focus. The poor quality also indicates that the camera was having trouble in focusing, which suggests it was a real, moving object.

Interesting video, despite the flaws.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

Agree and after reading more newspaper reports on the story seems there are more witnesses to this event and ok i said could be a balloon or blimp but it is still unexplained.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

yep and yes shame video is of poor quality but then again most video captures are too short or just poor unwatchable footage shame since camcorders are HD and cheaper now lol but in all still show up Poor.
But in all they still try got to give them that.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Is that engine noise I hear in the background?

Goodyear Blimp video with engine noise... similar, though not exact.

Noticed it gets louder when facing the camera, presenting an almost orb-like profile.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by draknoir2]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Sounds like a lawn mower engine.

Engine noise IMHO is a lawn mower a lot of green gardens etc..

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by k3rm1t
reply to post by draknoir2

Sounds like a lawnmower engine.

Thought of that too.

Can't tell from the video whether it's coming from the direction of the aircraft or the neighbor's yard.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It'll be a lawn mower...it's all people do round here....I am from the local area and saw nothing

top topics

join