It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Guard Troops Set For Arrival On Arizona Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
"The National Guard troops assigned to the Arizona border will begin to arrive Aug. 1, and the federal government is sending other reinforcements to stem the flow of illegal immigrants and narcotics entering the state, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said."

Read more: www.azcentral.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
"We are also reassigning major technology assets, including mobile surveillance systems, thermal-imaging binocular units, and trucks equipped with detection scopes, as well as observation and utility aircraft," Napolitano says in a guest column in today's Arizona Republic."

Finally some good news for a change. Hopefully this well help. Arizona has put up with too much for too long.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

thanks for posting this !
Starred and flagged !

I hope they're actually used to apprehend and deport/imprison anyone who crosses the border illegally. My fear is that they will only be used for survalience and will be required to call local law enforcement to engage the enemy. Let's keep our fingers crossed that finally our government is doing at least one thing WE THE PEOPLE want !!!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Im waiting for the ,'but'..

This is a good start. STOP THE LEAK. THEN ..CONTAIN THE LEAK.

THEN... Fine the bastards who are guilty of keeping the leak going(buisness owners).

Im sure if we fined all the buisness owners who hires/hired illegals, we could probably pay off our national debt with those fines, while at the same time kicking out those that dont belong.(there would be a lot of money to be made off of those who participate in such crimes).

Win, Win.

I can finally say Good Job for the first time in a LONG TIME.

Lets get these people armed with whatever tools they need, and get them to work!

Like i said though... Im still waiting for the 'but'.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
They may show up but will they be allowed to do anything except be available for photo ops? Doubt it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

So, the government does something that people have been screaming about wanting them to do, and you immediately dis it?

Kinda cutting off your nose to spite your face isn't it?

It is what the government is supposed to do is it not? It is what Arizonans want the government to do, is it not?

Why not support it, and demand more?

new topics

top topics

join