It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop SLAMS perp onto hood of car

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Yeah, I see it, but I still don't have a problem with the action.

Maybe ( yes speculating) he was running his mouth the entire time at the officer, you're going to get tired of hearing it, so what, he got a little rough with the guy, a good slam never hurt anyone.

I'm just saying I don't have a problem with it.

When my little brother was 17, at a high school basketball game, someone in the stands threw a paper or something and hit someone, they turned around looked at my brother, he threw his arms up and said I didn't do it.. a minute later a State Trooper was entering the stands heading for my brother, they said, come here we want to talk to you.

My brother walked out of the stands, the cop had a hold of his arm, they walked into a hallway, when my brother tried to pull away from the officer and yelled "I said I didn't do anything", the cop slammed him into the wall and then cuffed him. See, he deserved that.

Actually tought him a lesson, DONT" BE RUDE TO COPS !!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I must've missed the new law that allows cops to bash people who don't respect them. Besides slam like that is hardly harmless.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

No law.

Seriously, was it right for the cop to do that, obviously no. I'm simply saying that given the crap that a lot of officers have to put up with on a daily basis, I can see how in the heat of the moment a cop would "slam" a guy like this.

I don't think the officer should get in trouble for it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So he does his job with absolutely no regard for safety of the suspect and risks injury by slamming him on the hood and no punishment? Then what's to stop him from slamming everyone he detains and further more, what's to stop other officers following his example?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If the situation was identical and you replaced the color of from black to white, the outcome would have been completely different. This is in Texas after all.

The situation didn't begin to escalate until after the cop slammed the kid on the hood. Everyone seemed pretty calm until then.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
How do these thug pieces of excrement know that their subject doesn't have spinal cord or other back injuries before assaulting them.
Kid shoulda took his gun and busted a cap in his ass. F word the poleeece.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Why is it that the "well, we haven't seen what went on prior" crowd always assumes that what went on prior justifies police brutality? Why can't the assumption be that what went on prior was the cop escalating the situation unnecessarily?

And I'm pretty sick and tired of excusing bad behavior based on how "dangerous" police work is. On the dangerous scale, police work is pretty safe. Fishermen, construction workers, taxi drivers, and pizza deliverypersons all have higher injury/mortality rates and arguably provide more value to the community. Would this justify bad behavior on their parts? Not a chance. So why are bad cops given a free pass? Because they can kill you or ruin you and get away with is why; that and the fact that gung-ho law enforcers won't enforce the laws against their own.

Don't get me wrong: police work is highly stressful, but stressful isn't the same as dangerous. And if you take out your stress by being more brutal and violent than yuo need to be, you're not a good cop, you're a self-indulgent thug and a bad apple.

On the steroid thing: it is my belief that all cops should be tested for steroid use and barred from law enforcement and stripped of the right to carry weapons if they are found to be using a drug that provokes violent irrational behavior. Steroids are dangerous drugs that are outlwed in sports for the damage they do. I find it ironic that cops hate druggies but are druggies themselves.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Suspect appears to be resisting officer #1 (observe suspects foot movement as officer #2 arrives on-scene). It then appears that suspect is running his mouth at the officer in typical THUG-like manner, thus giving the officer every right to quickly restrain said suspect before incident escalates.

The suspect's accomplice is also displaying HOSTILE actions toward this LEO. This incidence could have very likely turned into a DANGEROUS situation for the officer in a flash.

RIGHTEOUS VERDICT:

Officer JUSTIFIED, 100%

GOOD JOB OFFICER!!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

Yeah, Thats what I was trying to say.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

Suspicious foot movement and running his mouth. Yep, cop should've just shot him right there on the spot

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

1) Yeah he is stiff and not completely dorcile. He however is not resisting. If he'd be resisting it wouldn't be anything like this.
2) Running your mouth doesn't justify use of force.
3) Doesn't give a right to restain either, you did watch the video and see that he was already in handcuffs?
4) Show me even one hostile act by this suspect. I dare you, point it out. Take screenshots or post the exact time on the video.
5) Handcuffs...? You know those things that restrain your hands behind you back? Btw, if he had held the suspect properly he would be much safer than when he throws him on the hood. This throw gives the suspect more freedom of movement to brake the hold and get hostile.

You police fan club members fail so hard that I can't even believe that I just read that...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

It then appears that suspect is running his mouth at the officer in typical THUG-like manner, thus giving the officer every right to quickly restrain said suspect before incident escalates.

Are you aware of what you just said?

Edited to add: How was anything in that video "RIGHTEOUS"??

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Marrr]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You have to take into account the kid weighs at the most 120 pounds.

I think the cop put a little to much on by accident. If you watch the kid does more of a slide on the hood then a slam. Now if the cop hadn't had a hulk moment and restrained his strenght a little then the kid would have stayed on the ground and taken the full force with his chest and legs.

This just looked a lot more impressive.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

Should he restrain further after the incident escalates?

Why not prevent a fire instead of letting someone light one and then put it out?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain
reply to post by Marrr

Should he restrain further after the incident escalates?

Why not prevent a fire instead of letting someone light one and then put it out?

You said it best...

You have to take into account the kid weighs at the most 120 pounds.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

Yes I did didn't I.

Lets go on to the next line. Now you already said that I said it best, so if you agree with that part of my post you must agree with the follow up.

"I think the cop put a little to much on by accident".

By the way, a 120 pound male can do a lot of damage to anyone. Now I'm going to say it best again.

Answer the question or don't reply, I don't play ring around the rosie with someone who doesn't care to give a straight answer.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

Yea, its that type of typical behavior which justifies an officers SWIFT restraint. Act like a THUG and you get SWIFT treatment.

Understand?

Run your mouth, and RESIST arrest, you are acting like a typical THUG.

Suspect acted in that fashion.

Suspect was treated as such.

Be respectful and follow an officers instructions, and you will NOT get restrained in such a swift manner.

Such a swift (and justified) restraint to the suspect would not have occurred if the suspect didnt act in a THUG-like manner!

Dont act like a THUG, and the officer wont treat you like one!

See how SIMPLE that is!!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Tinkertrain

OK, I will SPELL it out for you.
If you aren't man enough to restrain a person of 120# weight without violence, you have no business in Law Enforcement. Especially if said person is in handcuffs.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

JAWOHL! SEIG HEIL! Jesus..

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

Why did you respond to me and not answer the question when I asked you not to?

Should he restrain further only after an incident has occured?

Yes or no, pretty fricking simple.

Should he not try and prevent an incident before hand?

Yes or no, pretty fricking simple.

You can spell out whatever it is out you want to, but I could give a crap what it says unless its a yes or no answer to those questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join