It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any photos or news about the Deepwater Horizon Wreckage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I know there are soo many threads about this disaster but I can't find anything discussing this. I searched the Web and ATS and could only find photos of it on fire just before it sank. Other than the obvious of where it sank, my searches didn't come up with anything about the wreck itself on the seafloor or any photos and I find this curious. A lot of these rigs have blackbox recording devices that are connected to everything(NAV electronics, mikes in the ceiling record all audio on bridge, comms, and an array of other sensors) just like airplanes. They are designed the same to withstand deep depths and remain sealed.

I find it curious that there is no mention of this that I can find. I'm not ruling out that I missed something but curious if anyone else has any info about the wreckage? Have they recovered the blackbox or is it gone? I'm sure BP probably has it but why hasn't the public heard it? Usually after a plane crash the pilot conversation and ATC recorded by the device is on the evening news a few days after they recover it. Not a mention about the similar devices on modern ships like this? In fact I believe in the oil industry it's a requirement for IMO certification.

Any thoughts or contributions ATS?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Some watched the cameras quite a lot at different times. I bet someone has video of the wreck. We discussed this on the Web. I saw wreckage myself during an ROV roving about situation, mentioned it but no one wanted to talk about the wreckage.
I still wonder why people are not explaining the "burned-looking" hole in the helipad.
Everything about this situation is sure sickening, thank you for bringing up the black box and the wreck. This is not a cover-up. It is a landfill.
peace.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CestLaVie

Well I did a bit more searching and still haven't seen any photos of the wreckage on the bottom and no reports of BP recovering the "Blackbox" from the bridge. I just find that strange, well not really considering what BP has already done.

If the unit is intact it could provide valuable clues to the discussions on the bridge where the emergency command and control would be located. That is where the emergency plans are implemented by the Captain and decisions are made. Hugely important into determining why people died on that rig? Did the explosion kill them, were proper abandon ship procedures followed and crew count established? All important details to know.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

They are talking about seeing a pile of "Junk" on the Up to the Minute Spill feed. It's between page 100 and 104. That's the first mention of wreckage I have seen (other than your question posted yesterday).

Hope this helps!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I've have a collection of photos here:
morpheastruth.webs.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Those are some great yet sad photos but I'm looking for ROV footage of the wreck of the Deepwater Horizon on the botton and any stories about it. So far there is nothing other than it sank and where and lots of photos of it burning on the surface just before it sinks but not much after that.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
My understanding is there was no Blackbox" from the bridge.

Everything went from the rig via a data link to shore.

And right now because of all the lawsuits its tied up in legal red tape and may be for the next 20 years.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The criminals wont let anyone near the crime scene...and if you find any photos, we all know what they like to do with those.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I'm pretty positive it has to have a "Blackbox" in order to receive IMO certification along with other mandatory equipment on the bridge in terms of INTELSAT, radars, gps, etc. These systems are seperate from BP datalink stuff. I've tried looking for the insurance companies info on this and nothing only the amount paid out.

top topics

join