It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican prepares for extraterrestrial disclosure-Wow

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I always knew the Vatican sat on tremendous amounts of hidden information. Of course their main gig is control - so disclosure for them is just another way to own this whole thing and position themselves as the authority. let's hope we don't get fooled again.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
uhhh I thought all this happend last year?? (any one?)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Anything to take the public's attention off the pedophile priest scandal!!!

If there was ever an example of a "false flag", I think this is it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

And how do we know if its there for the purpose of giving hints? In the end, Christianity IS the first time its gone global.

Has the thought ever passed your mind that everything else was a precedents to prepare people for what is to come? There's no reason why God didn't drop hints. Not to mention Christianity is the only one that predicted it for a few hundred years before it happened. So God drops hints. No reason why he didn't drop hints elsewhere. Also, considering there are break off Christian groups that wrote about Jesus and the Romans hating of them, it was not written by Romans. Also considering that Rome was far from competent enough to do something like that by the time Christianity was legalized. Also considering the fact that there are enumerable artifacts writing about Jesus and Christians by people both in Rome hating him and running away from Rome trying to prevent its destruction.

Yea, God could have dropped hints. Jesus even said so. Those who understand some are at least better off than those who believe in nothing.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by irishlad

It did happen last year.

"The conference itself was officially convened by the Vatican’s Pontifical Academy of Sciences, chaired by its religious leader Bishop Marcelo Sanchez Sorondo, and was held on private Vatican grounds from November 6-10."

November 6-10, 2009. Or was it 2008? I don't know why this is alarming to anyone today.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I dont believe a word the vatican says, let alone the pope,

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Katie

Actually, you are wrong. The bible, and Jesus, both infer that there is life off of the planet Earth.

reply to post by guavas

To put it simply, don't blame the crimes of the father on the son.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Gorman91]

Kinda hard to do when one considers who teaches the son.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by guavas

The father did not believe in evolution yet the son does...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage,
Do you have any idea why, if this conference took place last November, today, 8 months later, it is a breaking news story?

Why the secrecy then, and why the big deal now? I find this very odd.
Thanks.

I only ask you because I find it interesting what you said about the Voyager thing. Thanks again. Just curious.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
i will be interested to hear what they have to say on that subject.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by turk182

You'll have to ask the administrators of the source used by the OP. They are the ones who called it breaking news.
It was made public at the time.
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Considering the Catholic history Galileo Galilei etc,. I find it interesting that a Catholic is saying anything at all about ET. That is unless they know something is about to come down perhaps literally.

Naturally the Roman Catholic Church believes in ET they spout about them all the time, ie, Angels & Demons etc, not to speak of GOD or Jesus Christ. Not born of this earth therefore ET.

The Roman Catholic Church, is a control system, always was always will be. Therefore if they know something is about to happen it just might be damage control. Anyway that is my two penths worth.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by guavas

The father did not believe in evolution yet the son does...

And if the father taught this to his son, the son is violating the 5th commandment.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If the Vatican announces the existence of e.b.e's, I wouldn't believe anything they say.
History bears testimony against the Catholic Church that they are persecutors of truth.

They have kept devout followers in darkness. If aliens did indeed disclose themselves
they would not pick the Vatican to release such information. Aliens would turn away in disgust from mankind at Christendoms history.

That's my two cents.

Now for a more constructive comment to add to the topic. I think it is very reasonable that there is bacteria in outer space. There are certainly other planets with ice. We have different metals on other planets. However, it would be hard in some areas of the universe to have life where radiation levels are much higher.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you for the reply.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by guavas

Nope. The 5th commandment is for physical. To tell the son to believe something and expect it to be followed without a thought is a violation of man's free will, for as Jesus says, he came to divide the family and give the sword that divides the saved and unsaved. This is obviously inferring that believing in something different than the father is not a violation. The father telling the son to sweep the floor and the son asking why is not a violation. The son saying no to sweeping the floor for nothing more than the desire to rebel is.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I do believe that disclosure will happen. I think the reason the Vatican speaks about it now (or a year ago), is that they do know something and can be the ones to take most of the credit about the subject.
They're desperate right now. More and more people are becoming spiritual rather than religious and maybe they think this will save the Catholic religion.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If the Vatican is going to DISCLOSE anything, they will pick and choose only certain things, they WON'T disclose everything because the people are too afraid, I beleive that when people are conrtolled to the extent that we have been, we could NOT handle the real truth they hold in thier possesion. we on ATS may be in a select few who may be able to actually grasp the real truth that is out there. anybody remember the "War of The Worlds" radio broadcast, There was PANIC in the streets!. we will have to setttle for bits of information for now. ATS is Awesome, Thanks ATS !!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zsuzsology

But isnt it better that they release even little bits, correct me if i'm wrong but a little is better than nothing.

Kind Regards
True-seer

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

I'll have to agree with you there!! I don't think most people are ready to hear the whole truth, although I would like to think more and more are opening their eyes a bit.
Also, ignorant and fearful people are easier to control.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join