It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican prepares for extraterrestrial disclosure-Wow

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The Vatican is very smart. With the idea of extraterrestrial contract between mankind, we get this thought about religion. Who created theses beings?. Do they worship the same all mighty god?. With the Vatican accepting the idea, people would not question the Church since its okay to accept the ET's. This way the Vatican would still be able to hold power among their believers.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Dont get your hopes up alien beleivers!
The whole inferior life thing is just a diversion,
the only reason the vatican has an interest
with astronomy and their recent investments in
observatories is with regards to the imminent
arrival of wormwood. Revealed by sister Maria
in the third secret of fatima.They dont beleive
in any alien life forms, im not saying there isnt.
It should be visible by this time next year!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FolipLA

i was just gonna say that.

makes a hellava lot of sense for a religion.

wonder how islam will take it?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Lets take a look at a different perspective what if... they cant meet us because to them our world is uninhabitable(excuse my spelling) What if oxygen to the ET's is fatal?
The vatican has so many secrets i dont even know what to think anymore

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Wow, this thread has been round a few circles hasn't it?

The details of the conference where not only well publicised at the time, it could also be watched live over the web. The guy from the Vatican was one of many speakers (this was by no means a Vatican event), he was there in his capacity of being thought of as someone as an expert in his field. The possibilities of extra terristrial life forms was discussed in a very open way but I don't recall any 'hints of disclosure'.

Regarding the points about the Vatican 'finally opening up' around ETs, can anyone reading this give even one quote from a reputable source where someone with the credentials to speak for the Vatican/Catholic Church - or for that matter ANY of the major religions where they have said something along the lines of "The (insert religion name here) categorically believes that no other planet than earth has, does, or will ever harbour life". Just one example will be fine, I'd prefer if it was after oh, let's say 1700 purely because testimony from a Borgias doesn't really mean much to me.

One other point. Why do people keep insisting that if ET did exist, particularly in a sentient tech savvy form, religion as we know it is doomed? I don't understand the logic. If you argue that this other alien race must have seeded earth, then where did the alien race come from? If you make that point to reject God or intelligent design then that is your stance, existence of off-earth life doesn't confirm or refute your view in any way that I can see.

Any responses that are nothing other than an attack on the church - any church for the evil some of its members have perpetrated will just be ignored. I know it's a very serious subject, but it's nothing to do with this thread.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Well if you keep stating one POV all the time things are gonna get boring so why not bring up realative biproducts of the main post itself i guess its just fun to do is all

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

Access Denied....

The last thing the Vatican wants to find is Intelligent Life beyond this
Blue Rock. It goes against everything ALL religeons stands for.
They'd probably accept microbes, Insects but not Intelligent Sentient
Beings.

And this is not the first time the Vatican has threatened to Disclose
Information.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

Skeptic, the Vatican hasn't 'threatened' to disclose anything, one of its members attended and spoke at an astronomyl forum where the possibility of ET life was discussed.

I ask again as I did a couple of lines above you, please state exactly why you believe this would go against all the church or any other religion stands for and on what information you make that claim - alien life = no God? How?

Please don't get me wrong, I have no personal agenda, I just don't follow the logic that often comes into play when the topic is extra terrestrial life and religion.

Edited for spelling

[edit on 22-7-2010 by something wicked]

[edit on 22-7-2010 by something wicked]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This sounds like a prologue to Mary Doria Russel's book "The Sparrow".

I wonder if they have a Father Emilio Sandoz type waiting to make contact.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Man is in Gods own Image
the whole Son of God thing

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You know what I find funny, is that all these people saying " comon governemnts ! disclosure now !"
"
They're the exact same people that when disclosure happens they'll say " its bluebeam ! dont fall for it ! its all fake"

Damned if you do, damned if you dont, srsly some of you people are #ing crazy lol

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
EDIT: double post, sry

[edit on 22-7-2010 by shadow3467]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

Now that's a fair point..... but that assumes bibles are shared and they say 'hey, I thought it's us that look like God!', but if they do, then that means they have a shared belief, if they don't they don't.

I think most people who follow the Christian faith though would at some point admit that the diversity in shape, size colour etc in human form means that the quote you refer to may be more allegorical than literal.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm really sick of all these misleading and hyperbolic threads.

"DISCLOSURE IMMINENT ZOMG ZOMG WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW NU PROOFZ~~~~!!!!! *insert old article from terrible, non-credible source*"

Really damn sick of it. The OP was misleading, and the article was barely interesting outside of the Vatican stating they wouldn't mind discovering life off the earth. That, in itself, has nothing to do with E.T disclosure.

The OPer seemed to imply in some way they said they "know" something. The article itself does not imply that, and even if it did, it's still some random article from a terrible "news" source.

I wish I could de flag this thread, but because I once again was suckered into the hype, not expecting the hook, line, and sinker.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by SaosinEngaged]

[edit on 22-7-2010 by SaosinEngaged]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I don't know what the dealis on the Vatican as far as disclosure, but why can;t they just publish EVERYTHING thay have on the net and let it be at that, since I think alot a folks are tired of having someone tell us how to think about things that have such import. Tells and let us discuss it for ourselves

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

Thats why they wont the information they have is too sensitive otherwise that would have already been done.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I find it rather odd that the Vatican would put its stamp of approval on alien existence when that very existence will prove to be the end of religion as we know it. Could it be that the Pope is ready to admit that "we're all gods"? I find that hard to believe.

I really don't believe the aliens are looking for a personal savior, so could it be that the Catholics are ready to remodel Christianity in order to support a Cosmic Jesus? Wonder what the Devil has to say about that? Wouldn't it be just like him to orchestrate a phony second coming so that he could pull up his seat to the throne? Imagine that............

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
This was a conference attended by many to discuss the implications of alien life. It makes sense from a purely practical point of view.

The Catholic Church is a business. Its simply preparing to adapt its business model to changing circumstances. Discovery of Aliens is to the church what the explosion in MP3s was to the music industry.

The party line is pretty clear. One creator, many created worlds. If they do it right they could be strengthened. In time of stress people cling tightly to what they know.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by justwokeup]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GerhardSA

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by Starbug3MY

Ok. Thanks for your reply.

Of course the Catholic Church is not what appear in these last years (pedophile scandal). Of course The catholic church is made by human beings and some one is very very bad an evil and must be punished.
But the majority of the people in the Catholic Church are good and really brave men.
And the catholic church is really powerful and from long, long time it is also really but really interested to the ET entities and Space (Specola Vaticana in castel Gandolfo and VATT in Tucson, Arizona).
All this because The vatican knows from always that "The Secret" is hidden into the Space.
Two names above all: Galileo Galiei and Giordano Bruno.

Maybe this is the time to FIAT VOLUNTAS DEI.......TEOFANIA! DISCLOSURE!

wait...come again...? The secret is hidden into the space
what does that mean?
And what does Galileo and Bruno have to do with it?
please explain or give me something to read on it?
thanks mate!

Hi GerhardSA,

I refer to the "Eliocentric" theory dismantled by Galileo Galilei
and the "Antropocentric" theory dismantled by Giordano Bruno.

The Catholic Church already know this (terrible) truth by always.
Our Sun is only one of billions suns (Galileo), and Human Kind is only one of infinite people in the universe (Giordano Bruno).
Please read "De infinito Universi et Mundi" by Giordano Bruno, printed before the stake!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by FolipLA

i was just gonna say that.

makes a hellava lot of sense for a religion.

wonder how islam will take it?

Islam would attempt to convert the Aliens,

failing that they would try and blow them up stating they are "satans soldiers"

or they would try to blow them up and say "the jews made us do it"

basically they would kill them and blame someone else for it as it never their fault that someone dies in the name if Islam

[edit on 26/7/10 by Smiler74]

[edit on 26/7/10 by Smiler74]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join