It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican prepares for extraterrestrial disclosure-Wow

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Vatican prepares for extraterrestrial disclosure

The Vatican has just completed a five day conference astrobiology where scientists convened to discuss the detection and implications of extraterrestrial life. A major driving force behind the conference was the Director of the Vatican Observatory, the Jesuit priest Father Jose Gabriel Funes. In May 2008, Funes gave an interview to the Vatican’s L’Osservatore Romano newspaper saying that the existence of intelligent extraterrestrials posed no problems to Catholic theology. The conference itself was officially convened by the Vatican’s Pontifical Academy of Sciences, chaired by its religious leader Bishop Marcelo Sanchez Sorondo, and was held on private Vatican grounds from November 6-10. Together with Funes’ 2008 interview and subsequent public comments by him, the conference demonstrates a welcome openness by the Vatican on the possibility and implications of extraterrestrial life. The Vatican’s openness to discussion of extraterrestrial life is no accident. It is part of an openness policy secretly adopted by the United Nations in February 2008. In fact, the Vatican is playing a leading role in preparing the world for extraterrestrial disclosure. For most observers, the conference was an innovative scientific gathering sanctioned by the Vatican’s Pontifical Academy of Sciences to show the Holy See’s support for modern science in the detection of extraterrestrial life. The conference primarily focused on the detection of primitive extraterrestrial life forms, and featured presentations from nearly 30 international experts in astronomy, physics and biology. Marc Kaufman from the Washington Post reports:

Source

My Comments
I am hoping that this will bring something forward, its especially hard for the vatican to accept and release any information on ufo or to even acknowledge thier existance due to the effects it could have on the religion but heres to hoping this year will be the year.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I know that we've all heard it before, but they are atleast taking action this time and talking about it in the vatican.

If thier talking about it, why now and not years ago maybe they know something we dont.

+36 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
What's the big deal about ET disclosure? People are fussing about it with a million different arguments.

So basically you can't believe something unless it's been verified by the Catholic church, the government or some other faction that holds power?!

Since when have those been credible sources anyway?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The conference primarily focused on the detection of primitive extraterrestrial life forms, and featured presentations from nearly 30 international experts in astronomy, physics and biology. Marc Kaufman from the Washington Post reports:

Hmmmm so if primitive then I take it this is not the Aliens that pilot flying saucers ? More like bacteria or some microbe like organism? What would be considered primitive one would not find alarming? Unless some upright walking natives were found living on Mars all this time?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by enteri
So basically you can't believe something unless it's been verified by the Catholic church, the government or some other faction that holds power?!

They have always held power, and what they say goes, no matter what you think.

I doubt alien disclosure will happen in our lifes, but i also assume the vatican ahs always believed in alien life forms.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Its a definite, they have always known. Just think they have gathered information for centurys on lots of stuff and they hide the stuff that can damage the church its guaranteed that they would have found something significant regarding ufo's.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
Hmmmm so if primitive then I take it this is not the Aliens that pilot flying saucers ? More like bacteria or some microbe like organism? What would be considered primitive one would not find alarming? Unless some upright walking natives were found living on Mars all this time?

I think the church is looking for otherworldly primitive cultures so they can run to them first to promote Christianity.
You know, cramming it down everyones throats like they have been doing here on earth for centuries.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

I think the church is looking for otherworldly primitive cultures so they can run to them first to promote Christianity.
You know, cramming it down everyones throats like they have been doing here on earth for centuries.

I can picture a rocket landing on some earth like planet, door opens then red carpet rolls out. It is the Pope and there is a man behind him with a pallet jack and on that pallet is stacks of bibles and blankets ridden with small pocks

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Well all I can say is that I hope all the disclosure campaigners get what they want.

For me the Vatican+aliens+disclosure=severe mistrust and false agendas.

I hope I'm wrong but wasn't it Werner Von Braun who said that aliens will be the next terrorism/war on drugs? That may be food for thought for all those that want disclosure so badly. It will be used against us in one way or another, that I have no doubt about.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

I agree with you completely but i'd rather get it out now then we can get over it and move on as a civilization. Its better than the state were in now, were have Stunted evolution and are an Evil Polluting world.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Well, I really hope this will open up some locked doors !
But I ain't holding my breath...
I feel it's kind of strange that the Vatican is the main player in the disclosure though..

Two years ago I was tracking satellites with my telescope out of the window. Suddenly I saw a ufo come right after the satellite. It stopped on a dime and looked like an ordinary star.. I stopped using the telescope and watched it trough regular binoculars.. It sat still for about 10 minutes. And before I could say "holy shyte" it just dematerialized.. Gone!

It had a HUGE effect on my belief in the UFO subject...

Let cross our fingers for some answers this time..

S+F !

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The Vatican is in the Press a lot since Obama was elected. What a coincidence. Ark of the Covenant (cancelled) Bones of St. Paul (disputed) Noah's Ark (disputed) attacked by Muslims (?) and so forth.
Wish they would just open the secret vaults, give their money to the poor, and dump the golden crowns and statues. Hold service on a hilltop.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
If it is "primitive" it really is not disclosure because Disclosure encompasses Ufology & the history of an Advanced species of alien life forms visiting the earth at least since the 40's. Sounds more like admitting or confirming a new discovery of life outside our own whether it be some animal or fish whatever the primitive form may be living on a moon or planet "i assume in our solar system" considering Mars to be the likely candidate? OR this is just a show of faith, they TPTB give us some potential future chia-pet while they continue to cover up UFO/Alien interaction from an advanced species? Like "This is your disclosure that is all there is to know you are welcome" and most are pacified with the sea-monkeys on mars.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
don't you guys see the angle?

if the vatican gets this rolling, the entire idea of ET's and humans are slanted by religion. yes there are ET's, god created them also. yes there are ET's, your faith is tested and strengthened infinitely, and god showed you the truth. the vatican becomes the controlling religion (in more than one way) that are open to the new world order alongside ET's and if you can't handle the truth, here's a bible, god will show you the way little lamb. divide and conquer, brainwashing 101, fear and guilt, forces beyond you are allied with the men of god on this planet.

my post is really scattered out (very late), but you guys get what i'm sayin. you guys demnanded disclosure, and you got it, in the worst possible way. once again, the vatican controls every aspect of this planet, and will try to control what isn't as well. i don't even want to imagine this happening this way...

blah, goodnight.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

I agree.. That sound more like something that could actually happen

Like I said.. I ain't holding my breath for disclosure.. I would die then...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This is worth keeping an eye on.

I will not lose my religion quite yet.

Great thread OP!!!

cmariesees

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
i sometimes think the men in black (priests) and the vatican exist as preperation of extraterrestrial contact, or they are the result of extraterrestrial contact...

ah, but what do i know,
et

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
i think most here are correct
it will be disclosure
but it will be some microbes
found on a meteorite that
crashed here

and it will have nothing to do
with ET.

what a letdown this will be
to millions (including me)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Microbes...probably. But on a meteorite probably not. I'd put my money on a moon of Jupiter with Mars to show. It's going to be a while before either one comes through.

But...there just might be the Xeonion version of Voyager out there, headed our way.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
It's like when Ed McMahon sends you a letter in the mail saying "YOU WON MILLIONS OF DOLLARS" deals

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join