It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniper shoots at Oakland police, no injuries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

www.mercurynews.com

Print Email Font Resize
The Associated Press
Posted: 07/19/2010 09:46:22 PM PDT
Updated: 07/19/2010 09:46:22 PM PDT

OAKLAND, Calif.—Police in Oakland are searching for a person who opened fire at officers from a nearby building.

Jeff Thomason, a police spokesman, said Monday that investigators are trying to determine whether the sniper was linked to a group of people the officers were trying to detain when they came under attack.

No one was injured during the shooting Sunday night in the Acorn apartment complex.

Thomason sai
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

this is how its starts. we must watch ourselves this is not good for our citizens police and civilian we are all in this fight...

I dont think this will erupt too much more but if the Gov decides to walk into every home in that building like they are starting to do across the country then people might start to fight back in mass.

www.mercurynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
From my understanding it wasn't a sniper in a building but a guy pulled over on the 580 freeway armed with 3 guns and a vest. BTW, George4title is a doom and gloomer who is trying to make money off of exaggerating negative issues in society. He is like an ignorant, lazy, Alex Jones.

580 freeway shootout

[edit on 20-7-2010 by LifeIsEnergy]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
From my understanding it wasn't a sniper in a building but a guy pulled over on the 580 freeway armed with 3 guns and a vest. BTW, George4title is a doom and gloomer who is trying to make money off of exaggerating negative issues in society. He is like an ignorant, lazy, Alex Jones.

580 freeway shootout

read the description in the Vid. listen/look at the vid the guy says what street they are on. and its not a FWy.

yes, its a doom and gloom article and so is the title. but it does not take away from the fact that people are fighting in the streets.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by -W1LL]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Damn! Ok, nevermind, my bad I just verified your right. That's crazy what is going on over there, two seperate shootings on police in one night? I have family in Oakland, and was just out there. I thought Chicago was bad.

ETA: That video was from the 580 shooting, it says it even in George4titles video as a correction, that may be why I confused this incident with the other. Crazy nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

that was a separate incident.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

reply to post by -W1LL

Damn! Ok, nevermind, my bad I just verified your right. That's crazy what is going on over there, two seperate shootings on police in one night? I have family in Oakland, and was just out there. I thought Chicago was bad.

I had to do the same I read the article and Vid many times LOL. I really can believe its happening, we must keep our eyes open prepare and always stay in contact with eachother like this and many other ways.

good on you for actually coming back and saying my bad you're right, we need more people like you on this forum.

Norman Hollywood thanks for backing me up,

I grew up in Los Ang. and this is really nothing new it happens more than we know. what scares me is the police chief coming out and saying we are NOT going to answer these calls.

and you can hear the guys on the Video who may be of a criminal mind or may not be, say if you want to commit a crime right now is the time to do it, that is a nightmare and how uncontrollable riots start.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
do not forget there have been 2 civilians killed
by Oakland Police in the last 18 months.

If you're looking for motive.
You may have just found it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The only "shame" here is that the shots MISSED!

ANARCHY!!!!ANARCHY!!!!ANARCHY!!!!ANARCHY!!!!ANARCHY!!!!ANARCHY!!!!ANARCHY!!!!ANARCHY!!!!ANARCHY!!!!ANARCHY!!!!ANARCHY!!!!ANARCHY!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

My sister works in Oakland as a social worker who interviews sexually abused kids for the police. She told me that the police force have taken such a cut, that detectives only investigate 1 out of every 5 cases and won't follow up any of her cases unless the kid was raped repeatedly by a family member with witness's to it.

I wouldn't get too scared, unless your rich or your the police. People from these areas are going to be the first to start acting out as they are most effected, but like you said this really is nothing new. I think this is all the more reason for people like us to do our own part and reach out to these areas in any way we can to help. If we just sit around watching and allow 'them' to continue to live in these conditions it will be our fault when the violence reaches us. Alot of these "criminal types" from the 'ghettos' are my friends and are good people who just want a better life but don't neccessarily know how to get it.

The thing America has historically failed to understand, is that we are all in this together, and if we don't help the man on the bottom up, he will eventually find a way to bring us down to his level. Equality is a must, and an innevitable thing that will happen one way or another. Either by our direction and doing, or by karma/causation. The Earth and all the life on it, WILL balance itself out one way or another. Hopefully the majority of us can understand this and do something so it won't have to get too ugly. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like this is likely to happen anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

u want anarchy ???
u know that means
no electricity and
no internet
and no video games
and no telephones
and no computers

oh crap how will we survive???
lol

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

reply to post by -W1LL

The thing America has historically failed to understand, is that we are all in this together, and if we don't help the man on the bottom up, he will eventually find a way to bring us down to his level. Equality is a must, and an innevitable thing that will happen one way or another. Either by our direction and doing, or by karma/causation. The Earth and all the life on it, WILL balance itself out one way or another. Hopefully the majority of us can understand this and do something so it won't have to get too ugly. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like this is likely to happen anytime soon.

well said this is so true,
SO true I had to quote it so that everyone can read it twice and tell someone!

new topics

top topics

join