It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even Fundamentalist religious people can not even agree with this...surely?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I think he has confusedHomosexuality with Coprophilia.

ETA: Last speaker's emphasis of DEEPER is pretty funny. LOL.

[edit on 20/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

My religion Islam, my source Quran.

You mean that religion that think women are property and like to diddle little boys?

Mr(Mrs) Kettle... you have a call from Mr. Black Pot...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The good doctor is a hypocrite.
Espousing this message while having his nose firmly in the behinds of Rick Warren, The Family, and the White House is the height of hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Takka
The sad thing about devout (fanatical in some cases) religious people is a lot of them seem to loose there perspective on reality , commonsense and the ability to think for themselves seems to float off into the abyss of ignorance .
Having been brought up as a christian I can see people eating this crap up like it is gospel .

I know it's juvenile humor, but please folks, lighten up.

Homosexuality is nothing to fear. People chose who they would like to spend time with and that is their choice. You don't have sex in front of them, they won't have sex in front of you and everyone can act like adults and know that the fact that people are all different is what makes life worth living.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

I think gays are sick in the head.
There is a very thin line between gay and child molester.

I agree with the Bible all the way that gays should be exterminated.
This why you have Priests raping little boys and missing children getting raped by gay people.

I disagree with the people in the video asking Obama about about homosexuality.

Obama is a homo himself just like most of the higher ups in politics and church.
The media and government are pushing more people to be gay also.

America is run by a bunch of homosexuals.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I thought you didn't judge! I thought you didn't spread hate. I guess it is ok for you but not others.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wise Man

There is a very thin line between intolerance and violence. Be careful not to cross it.
I could tell you all day why you are wrong to no avail. This is something you must learn for yourself and I truly hope you do.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

This why you have Priests raping little boys and missing children getting raped by gay people.

Obama is a homo himself just like most of the higher ups in politics and church.

Well I was going to just reply to the OP, but damn, this is something else entirely isn't it?

Thin line between child molester and homosexual? How's that?

I never read the part of the bible that advocated the killing of gays, are you one of those quasi religious folk that make stuff up as you go?

Yes, Obama, who is married with two children ,is a flaming homosexual, and so is everybody else you don't like right?

As far as the video goes, fetishes exist for EVERYBODY, and as there are more straight folk than gay folk, I am confident in saying that there are far more "sick" fetishes being done by straights than gays any day of the week.

These however, are not "christians" they are religious extremists, there's a huge difference between the two and we should be careful not to lump in the people who are christ-like instead of christian.

There are some wonderful people in every group, unfortunetly this isn't one of them..

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

You are very much misinformed

"A recent study of Christian college students indicates that the more Fundamentalist their beliefs, the more likely they are to engage in or approve of domestic abuse and violence.

Texas Tech professors and Jerome Koch Ignacio Luis Ramirez conducted a study of 626 undergraduate students. The survey measured general religiosity (belief in God, strength of faith, etc.) using questions from the General Social Survey and “fundamentalism” based on a six-item scale previously used in research published in the Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion."

www.secularnewsdaily.com...

I'm not surprised.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rick1

If you are about to get run over by a car then i will rugby tackle your ass off the road... These preachers do more harm than good and the consequences are eternal... Evil prospers when good people do nothing... Or say nothing ...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

According to the APA a behavior becomes a mental disorder when it significantly impedes your ability to live as you want. The only exception to this rule is if you are a threat to yourself or others. However, if you are homosexual you're not a threat to anyone, and from my experience with homosexuals they seem quite happy with their lifestyle. Therefore it meets none of the qualifications to be labeled a mental disorder.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wise Man

Modern research indicates that homosexuality is influenced by differences in the brain that are produced in utero, thus the person has no choice in the matter. From this we can come to two conclusions.

1.) God is an evil SOB who creates people for the sole reason of hating them and seeing them killed so they can go to Hell.

2.) The Bible is wrong and homosexuals should be respected and loved just like all of God's creatures.

So, there's your choice you can either worship a malevolent god who seems like he could actually be Satan, or you can admit that The Bible is faulty and that you shouldn't be taking life lessons from a section meant only for the Jewish clergy.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

How ironic that the translation you've chosen to quote is from a version of the Bible compiled at the request of a self-loathing closet queen.
King James could have approved the translation condemning male rape as a part of war, as some scholars interpret, but for political reasons, he didn't.
Beware false doctrines. They can send the self-righteous straight to hell.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Seems to me that the one's who have a problem with this are the religous type.
And when considering some of the alleged practices of some the 'holy' men in nearly all religions maybe there is a bit of repressed sexuality here?

'Thou doth protest too much Sir' springs to mind!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Homosexuality is nothing to fear. People chose who they would like to spend time with and that is their choice. You don't have sex in front of them, they won't have sex in front of you and everyone can act like adults and know that the fact that people are all different is what makes life worth living.

I could not have put it better myself, and I tried!
Bravo!

When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free.
~Charles Evans Hughes

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The fear your post portrays sincerely saddens me.

Child Molestation *IS* an abomination, but I think that is the only thing you and I agree on. Child molestation has absolutely NO ties in the gay community or the gay lifestyle.

...This is just more of the propaganda being thrown at you. You are here, which shows at least some capability to open your mind to the truth and throw off the lies and fear. I only ask that you use that ability to educate yourself on this subject a bit more before quoting misinformation like this.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheol
reply to post by OzWeatherman

You are very much misinformed

Sorry, what exactly am I misinformed about?

Im an atheist

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Well, you would fit right in with the Christians in Uganda then wouldnt you.

There is no correlation between a persons sexual orientation and pedophilia. In fact, most cases of child molestation are undertaken by straight people.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It is a sad state of affairs when a holy text is used as justification for the persecution and discrimination of one group or another. People who are against one topic or group will only pick and choose that which suits their purpose to prove that point. The leviticus chapter in the bible is such a point, and in their ignorance and hypocracy of a text that is the pinacles of their faith, they often choose to ignore the rest of the laws and rules that are written down to govern. Contrary to popular believe that does not unify a people it subjegates them, as we have all broken tenants of our faith at one point or another. There are over 613 laws, rules and entire books in the bible dedicated on how to live, what to wear, what to eat, what not to eat, touch or where you can go to the bathroom.
To just pick and choose certain laws out of any holy text, defeats its purpose of those rules under the eyes of what ever god you may choose to worship or follow. Those rules were written for a time when yes such was wrong, but if you look at it from the point of you are the minority and needing a huge population, then it makes sense.
It should not matter what goes on in a persons private bedroom, as the only person that it should is who ever is in that bedroom. When you start intruding into that most private aspect of life, then what else becomes fair game for all of society to look and decide what is and is not correct.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sararainmaker
reply to post by oozyism

I'm sorry, I do not see how, in light of what I was stated in two posts, your point was accurately proven in any regard.

You say that according to a wikipedia entry, mental illness is diversion from social norm, I say according to another wikipedia entry that homosexuality occurs in nature in almost every animal known to exist that has a sex and needs to breed in order to propagate it's own species.

It appears Nature has trumped Social Acceptability in this case.

Nature this, nature that, did you see which part of the wikipedia source I highlighted? I didn't highlight the cultural norm, I highlighted the disability.

Animal this, animal that.

Animals have mental illness too.

You're making me repeat myself.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by oozyism]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join