It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even Fundamentalist religious people can not even agree with this...surely?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by OzWeatherman

The law of attraction?

Do you think those in American jails suddenly get attracted to men? After not having sex with women for along time?

Think about it, they go to jail, they become mentally ill.

In prisons, it has absolutely nothing to do with attraction, but with humiliation and the alpha-male. Either you are an Alpha-male or you are not. Either you are the pitcher or the catcher. It can hardly be called homosexuality at all.

Sometimes things are not always what they appear.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

There is a huge number of mental illness around the globe other than sexual one.

Did you know depression is also a mental illness?

And your question: "what is your religion"

My religion Islam, my source Quran.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sararainmaker

In prisons, it has absolutely nothing to do with attraction, but with humiliation and the alpha-male. Either you are an Alpha-male or you are not. Either you are the pitcher or the catcher. It can hardly be called homosexuality at all.

Sometimes things are not always what they appear.

Alpha male?

Ohh jeez, it takes an Alpha male to have sex with a man to prove his Alphaness.

So you are saying that they are not attracted to those who they do it with?

So based on what criteria do they choose who they do it with.

Think, think, think.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

There is a huge number of mental illness around the globe other than sexual one.

Did you know depression is also a mental illness?

I know what depression is, I actually have it and take anti-depressants for it. Its due to a chemical imbalance in the brain triggered by certain events. Unfortunantly I inherited it from my mother.

How exactly does homosexuality equate to a mental illness. I mean is it a hormone problem or what?

And your question: "what is your religion"

My religion Islam, my source Quran.

Thanks for your answer

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

*snip*
There are also many law abiding citizens that are gay.....whats your excuse for them?

Mentally ill..

*snip*

I have known many Homosexuals, male and female, none of which even come close to any sort of mental illness that I am aware of. These are stable human beings who have either made the choice or physically had the choice made for them, to be attracted to the same sex. The contribute to society in the same way we do. The only difference between "us" and "them" is who they choose to have as a partner in bed, and the fact that for some stupid reason we have not allowed them to have some sort of civil-union ceremony.

I notice you only talk about the male aspect of Homosexuality, it makes me wonder if you also think that female homosexuality is also a mental illness, or if because it is more attractive and appealing for two women to "go at it" that it is more socially acceptable, therefore not a mental illness.

You have to be VERY careful of how you categorize things as a mental illness... many times in the past, things we couldn't understand, things we feared or things not socially acceptable at the time were considered to be a mental illness.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

*snip*

Alpha male?

Ohh jeez, it takes an Alpha male to have sex with a man to prove his Alphaness.

So you are saying that they are not attracted to those who they do it with?

So based on what criteria do they choose who they do it with.

Think, think, think.

That is exactly what I am saying. It is about humiliation. The strong over the weak. It's abundant throughout nature.

The strong personalities in prison see the weak, and use them, humiliate them, to portray their dominance.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Let's make this simple OK:

A mental disorder or mental illness is a psychological or behavioral pattern associated with distress or disability that occurs in an individual and is not a part of normal development or culture.

It is a mental disorder because they can produce kids, but they refuse to.

That is the disability they acquire through this mental illness, or disorder.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

*snip*

Wikipedia

No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphis. Moreover, a part of the animal kingdom is hermaphroditic, truly bisexual. For them, homosexuality is not an issue

So what you are saying then is that there is a trans-species epidemic of mental illness going on throughout the entire population of animals of the world?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Ok, I have a few more question as you seem adament that its a mental illness

1. Are you a doctor of mental health care proffesional?

2. Do you know any homosexual people?

3. Would you befriend any homsexual people?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

One more thought, then I will go away, and leave you to your own beliefs, however skewed I think they might be:

Because these people do not think the way you do, or act the way you do, they have a mental illness. Because they do not accept what you consider to be the social norm, they have a madness? Because they are attracted to someone of the same sex instead of someone of the opposite sex, they should be 'cured'?

This site is FULL of people who do not accept the social norm:

Social norm does not accept visitors.
Social norm does not accept ghosts.
Social norm does not accept bigfoot.
Social norm accepts what our government does, no matter what.
Social norm listens to MSM.

So rightly, by what you are saying, every person on this forum has a mental illness because they do not rightly follow the social norm. This site is full of wonderful people with open minds who can accept things may not be as they first appear, who want to learn more about the truth than to give into propaganda and fear.

I would hope that there is never a time when that kind of behaviour becomes a mental illness, and people all over the world try and cure US!

[Edited: Typo... again!]

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Sararainmaker]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Fetishists, ultra fundamental christians, Islam, convicts, alpha males, homosexuals, the mentally ill, Poo?

I have to say, this thread gets my vote for most offensive to the most diverse bunch in the fewest posts.

Maybe I can find something intelligent in the tinfoil hat forum.

See I'll bet I offended someone wearing an aluminum fedora and I was just being sarcastic.

Must just be this thread.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Explanation S&F! [awesome thread OzW
]

Seriously..who ISN'T covered by the DSM-IV??? It covers everybody and since that is a FACT then there is no standard of normal at all!

Please show me one fully perfect LIVING normal human being that I can compare myself to.... all you need is one person..just 1 out of 6+billion.. The only guy that comes close is the DALI Lama and he is a failed states leader... which is NOT normal for your average leader! So choosing him would be a fail..got anybody better than the DALI Lama to pick from???

Homosexuallity is a choice between consenting adults..rape is a totally different matter and I must link Silo13's thread on that issue...

Rape of a Man: The Myths and Ugly Truths of Male Rape (by silo13) [BTS]

Note please sign in for best viewing pleasure OK!

Personal Disclosure: More people have died than are alive..so is being dead normal and being alive a mental disease...YEP here is why...

The Universe...(some information to help you live in it) [utube]

P.S. Offended...dont be! As I'm obviously just a product of your deluded imagination!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I proved my point, don't make me repeat myself, I knew it would end like this.

Mental illness doesn't mean crazy, nor does it mean you should be prosecuted, nor does is it mean you should be killed, nor does it mean you should be treated as an outcast.

It simply means you need help.

Read the definition of Mental illness I posted above, and the explanation in regards to why homosexuals are mentally ill based on that definition.

I don't have anything against homosexuals, infact they are the most kind people out there, they care about you, and your feelings etc etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I'm sorry, I do not see how, in light of what I was stated in two posts, your point was accurately proven in any regard.

You say that according to a wikipedia entry, mental illness is diversion from social norm, I say according to another wikipedia entry that homosexuality occurs in nature in almost every animal known to exist that has a sex and needs to breed in order to propagate it's own species.

It appears Nature has trumped Social Acceptability in this case.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

A mental disorder or mental illness is a psychological or behavioral pattern associated with distress or disability that occurs in an individual and is not a part of normal development or culture.

Considering the alarming rate at which people of this world continue to over-populate, thereby slowly killing this planet, I'd say it's the constant procreators who have a screw or two loose.

Oh, and any "medical" definition you want to throw at us loses any and all credibility as soon as the word "normal" is used. Have your opinion, but don't try and spout it off as fact because it makes you sound as bigoted as those you're trying to distance yourself from.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Let me just start off by saying, “You Rock”!
I really needed the laugh that that video gave me.
Some of these people seemed mildly repulsed by these activities while others seemed quite studied on the subjects.
Why did the original guy have pictures and instructions on his laptop?
I dunno.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
!!!!

So Africans are up in arms thinking that Barak Obama wants to make eating da poo poo a human right? I thought Africans adored him?

This reminds me so much of the early moral majority campaigns against homosexuality or the PMRC (Parent's music resource center/Tipper gore) telling Congress about the "dangers of rock music"

Pure Propaganda. Verbal poo poo. I hope nobody eats it.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Since it is widely known that prepubescent humans cannot bear children, is a 53 year old male who copulates with a 9 year old female mentally ill or do we lay blame on the culture that produced him?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sararainmaker
reply to post by oozyism

I'm sorry, I do not see how, in light of what I was stated in two posts, your point was accurately proven in any regard.

You say that according to a wikipedia entry, mental illness is diversion from social norm, I say according to another wikipedia entry that homosexuality occurs in nature in almost every animal known to exist that has a sex and needs to breed in order to propagate it's own species.

It appears Nature has trumped Social Acceptability in this case.

In that case nature finds it ok to eat da poo poo. It's called coprophagia. It's the re-ingestion of scat for nutritional value. If animals do it then it's ok for us to? Very interesting information on wikipedia-

en.wikipedia.org...

I am neither condemning homosexuality or the practice of coprophagia. I am suggesting that comparing human activities to those of animals can lead to some weird conclusions.
My opinion is if what you are doing hurts nobody else, go for it. It;s more of a mental illness to deny yourself experiences and desires than it is to explore them and see what is out there.

Oozyism - neither homosexuality nor any so-called "deviant" sexual practices are signs of or mental illnesses in themselves. What is a mental illness is when people judge others by activities they have never participated in and don;t understand. This has led to more wars, persecutions and violence than any sexual practice ever has.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I can't watch the video, apparently it's unavailable in the UK for 'copyright' reasons?

I think what two, or more for that matter, consenting adults get up to in private is entirely up to them and is none of my or anyone elses concern.

I used to feel very uncomfortable in the company of homosexuals on the few occassions I met any however, I think I am becoming much more at ease as I get older.

We are all products of the society and environment from which we were raised.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join