It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near Death Experiences ... testimony of some VERY reliable witnesses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
source:
www.bibleprobe.com...

Ian McCormick's NDE

One night while diving for lobster on the small Island of Mauritius I was stung on my forearm by 5 Box-Jellyfish, which the local Creole fishermen called "invisables" A sting from a Box-Jellyfish often proves to be fatal - as exemplified in Australia where 70 people are known to have died from their stings. Many books quote this particular type of Jellyfish to be among the most venomous creatures in the world.
By the time an ambulance arrived my body was totally paralyzed and necrosis had begun to set into my bone marrow. On route to the hospital I began to see my life flash before me. At this point of my life I was an atheist - but I knew I was nearly dead and I didn't know if there was life after death or whether there was just nothing. As I lay there dying, I saw my mother in a vision praying for me, encouraging me to cry out to God from my heart and He would hear me and forgive me (my mother was the only Christian in our family.) I didn't know what to pray and cried out that if God was real, could He help me to pray. Immediately God showed me the Lord’s Prayer, and for the first time in my life I prayed from my heart and gave my life to the Lord.

MODERATOR NOTE: Please do not violate the copyright of other sites by cutting and pasting their entire web pages. Instead of that, post a paragraph and a link, and then discuss.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Byrd]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This story was cut short a little

8000 characters is sometimes not enough .

Anyway I urge you all to read it , AND visit the source ,

I have met Ian Mc Cormack , and his testimony is 100%

accurate .

Praise the Lord

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

.... the rest of Ian's story ...

As I looked at the grass in front of me I could see the same light that was on the presence of God was radiating throughout this entire creation - totally untouched by man - perfect creation. And in my heart I knew I belonged here, that God had created me to live here - I knew I was home.

Return?
I was just about to enter in and explore, when God stepped back in front of me, and asked me this question. "Now that you have seen - do you wish to step in or do you wish to return?" I thought, "I don't want to return. I wish to step in. I have no one to go back for and no one has ever loved me, all they've ever done is manipulate me and try to control me ... I have no one to go back for, I wish to step in." But God didn't move, so I looked back behind me to say "goodbye, cruel world", and standing behind me in a vision in front of the tunnel was my mother. And as soon as I saw her I knew that there was one person in my life that had shown me love, and that was my mother, and that she had prayed for me every day and tried to show me that this was the way. In my mind I thought, "if I am dead and I did choose to step into heaven, what would my mother think? Would she know I made it or would she think I went to Hell - because she knew I had no Faith? … I realized that it could break her heart and that she would have no reason to believe that God had heard my prayer in the ambulance and forgiven my sins. … I thought, "how can I do that to my mum, it would be so selfish" … and decided I wished to return.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Please don't violate someone's copyright by copying their web pages.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Byrd]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see if Buddhists,Hindus,Taoists or Muslims have similar experiences involving their 'realities' and deities then one might be able to argue that this is some sort of Kundalini/Brain manifestation.I too know two people who were dead as a dodo whom unfortunately report its being out like a light bulb,like someone just puts the swith to 'off'.Whether these experiences are borderline or when your dead dead I don't know.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
No-one will ever know if what he saw in his head was true. Maybe it was a dream state. Maybe he was having delusions and hallucinations in his head out of fear.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
What an amazing story! I got the shivers several times reading it! Just imagine the feeling he must have gotten!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I find this story very honest. I read a lot of NDE reports and this one is no different than other credible stories.
For members who are not familiar with NDEs I recommend to read this interesting article:
link

A typical example involves an out-of-body (OBE) experience followed by traveling through a tunnel toward a very bright light. At the end of the tunnel, deceased loved ones or "Beings of Light" often appear. Sometimes, one particular "Being of Light" is identified either as God, Jesus or other religious figures, an angel, or even their own "Higher Self." This being induces them into a life review in which their entire life can be instantaneously observed. Afterwards, the experiencer reaches a boundary of some kind which they cannot cross. Here, they may be given a choice of returning to physical existence or progressing into the afterlife. They are often told, "It is not yet your time to die" or, "Your mission is not yet completed."

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy
source:
www.bibleprobe.com...

Ian McCormick's NDE

The Light
I thought - darkness - hospital bed - am I out of my body? - is this real? - am I standing here? - or am I in a coma having some bizarre dream? Am I in my body or out of my body?? (I could cognitively think of the two alternatives.) As I looked back towards the light, it was still there ... I responded "I don't know where I am, but if I am out of my physical body I wish to return." The voice responded "If you wish to return - you must see in a new light." "New light", I thought, "I'm seeing the light." "Are you the true light???" Words appeared in front of me "God is light and in Him is no darkness at all (1 John 1:5)."

The question, of course, is "How is this experience to be interpreted?"

And what is the consciousness that is going to interpret it?

But, more specifically in terms of doctrine:

Will this experience be interpreted as evidence for the existence of a metaphysical world of rewards and/or punishments; that is, a metaphysical 'heaven' and 'hell'?

In other words, pagan metaphysical philosophy.

That, in fact, is the most likely interpretation inasmuch as this experience was experienced by both a "self" and the 'thinker'.

In other words, the "self" and the 'thinker' interpret all of its experiences in such a way as to maintain and preserve their existence.

And, in opposition to that interpretation, is the Truth--that the "self" and the 'thinker' both face utter and complete annihilation after death. But those are the people who do not 'come back' in order to be able to report that.

But, at the same time, people who receive the Revelation of both the Memory of Creation and the revelation of the memories of previous lives specifically receive the Knowledge of the annihilation of the "self" and 'thinker'.

And that is what Isaiah, Daniel, Jesus, the author of the Treatise On Resurrection, and Mohammed referred to as the "resurrection".

So, ultimately, it comes down to what experiences you choose to believe; the NDE experiences which validate the perceptions and understandings of the "self" and the 'thinker'; or those who say they have received the Revelation of the Memory of Creation (Genesis 2:7) and the revelation of the memories of previous lives (the "psychic" resurrection" as described by Jesus in his reply to the Sadducees).

Michael Cecil

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Michael Cecil]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
In meditation, I have been many places. I have been to the Creator who is not at all like the Christian "God". Why this is, I don't know. I was raised very Christian indeed.

I did experience the overwhelming love, acceptance, and joy he describes in his account, but they were not in waves nor in any other way separate from the whole experience. I saw no person. What I "saw" (experienced, more accurately) was much larger and much more conscious than any person could ever be. Words could never do it justice, so I won't even attempt it.

As I entered the meditation, I vaguely recall feeling as though I were ascending in a gentle light. I have no idea how long I was there, but when I "returned", I recall very distinctly feeling that no earthly problems would ever bother me again, that nothing here is big enough to ruffle the peace I had known there, and that that "place" I had been was the only real thing and that all the rest of this is pure illusion.

Several years after the fact, I sit here with some remaining sense of solitude and peace. I know very definitely that this is all illusion, but I haven't found the "Me" in me sufficiently to brush off all the annoyances of our human society.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
thanks for sharing that, Radar Love Guy.
i've never met anyone who has said they had a NDE, but i hope that one day i will. my dad died several times on the operating table during heart surgeries and the like, but he never told me if he had any experiences.
toward the end of his life, though, he seemed to be more devoted to GOD than when i was younger, but i don't know if that was because of an experience or maybe just from growing old.

NDERF
tons of information on NDE's.

it's hard to doubt that death is NOT the end, after reading at that site.

reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

on this page, there is a synopsis and a link to Amazon about a book exploring the different religions in relation to NDE's. there is also a search on the main page that, if you put "buddhism" or something like that in the box, will give you hits to NDE's of various flavors.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

That's quite a long read. It's a little easier to follow the story on video:

Google Video Link

( It's been linked to before in other NDE threads, such as:

Near-death experiences are real, and we have the proof, say scientists )

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
I too know two people who were dead as a dodo whom unfortunately report its being out like a light bulb,like someone just puts the swith to 'off'.Whether these experiences are borderline or when your dead dead I don't know.

Some people, possibly the majority, simply don't remember. Some people go to sleep like that at night, out like a light, and claim that they never dream but they do dream - studies have shown that everyone dreams - but some are unable to bring the memory of the experience through into conscious awareness. Also, I think perhaps some people just aren't meant to remember because of how it might affect the choices that they make in the future.

new topics

top topics

join