It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton 2Q Profit Jumps 83 Percent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Halliburton 2Q Profit Jumps 83 Percent

www.cbsnews.com

The Houston petroleum services company on Monday reported an 83-percent surge in second-quarter profits. The results beat Wall Street expectations, and shares rose more than 5 percent.

Halliburton is the first of several companies connected to the Gulf oil spill to report second-quarter financial results. The company was handling the cementing job on BP's Macondo well before it blew up on April 20.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Ho hum, nothing to see here... pay no attention to the man behind the curtain..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b49d8ab5955c.jpg[/atsimg]

It is just amazing how certain firms (cough cough *Goldman Sachs* cough cough *Haliburton*) just seem to come up smelling like roses no matter what happens in the wider world. Global boom? Record profits. Worst recession? Record profits. Heads I win, tails you lose?

www.cbsnews.com

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I really want to argue with you about this but...
aaaarrrgh, all I can say is "go figure".

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I really want to argue with you about this but...
aaaarrrgh, all I can say is "go figure".

Well, I can't prove anything, nor do I have any elaborate specific conspiracy in mind. But I do think that kind of success is suspicious on many levels, for many reasons.

"go figure" indeed.

[edit on 7/20/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
A thread or two on ATS has tried to explore the Halliburton connection to the Gulf disaster, but nothing has really taken off. 83% profit is very questionable considering their hand in recent disasters. Cementing was the single most-important factor in 18 of 39 well blowouts in the Gulf of Mexico over a 14-year period.

Halliburton has been accused of performing a poor cement job in the case of a major blowout in the Timor Sea off Australia last August. An investigation is underway.

Halliburton's role in the Gulf disaster

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Cheney's company at work.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

I really wonder what the untouchables at Halliburton are up to. What hand they played in the Gulf disaster, we may not ever know, but their profits are just a little suspicious.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Halliburton is probably responsible for a poor cement job on the Macondo well. April 9th of 2010 Halliburton announced they were gonna buy Boots and Coots a prevention and risk control service for oil and gas fires.
. April 20 the DH disaster started. The man in charge of the relief wells is. John Wright of Boots and Coots now owned by Halliburton.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by LAinhabitant]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I really thought that looked like Rumsfeldstiltskin's boney posterior sticking out from behind that curtain...'course I am waiting for my glasses to arrive in the mail...the heart plug that Baron Harkonnen had installed in Big Dick Cheney seems to have taken some of that weight of I guess...

Papantonio: Thank Dick Cheney and His Meetings With Oil Industry Execs for Lack of Safeguards on Oil Rigs
Papantonio laid the blame squarely in Dick Cheney's lap and said this was one of the deregulations of the energy industry that was negotiated during his secret meetings with oil industry and other energy executives during George Bush's first term in office and called this the biggest under-reported aspect of this disaster. It would be nice if the media would look into this and start asking some more questions about why these companies were allowed not to have this last resort safeguard. I'm not holding my breath with most of them but maybe we'll see more information on this from the likes of Amy Goodman, Ed Schultz, Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow.

videocafe.crooksandliars.com...

PS
Short sell the the Heck out of it....Heh HEh HeH

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

That's an interesting read. Serious questions need to be asked regarding Halliburton and think more ATS attention needs to be directed this way. Something isn't right.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Well it's good to see that someone is doing well in this economy that Obama wrecked.

Papantonio: Thank Dick Cheney and His Meetings With Oil Industry Execs for Lack of Safeguards on Oil Rigs
Papantonio laid the blame squarely in Dick Cheney's lap and said this was one of the deregulations of the energy industry that was negotiated during his secret meetings with oil industry and other energy executives during George Bush's first term in office and called this the biggest under-reported aspect of this disaster.

This whole "secret meetings with the oilcos" farce still being peddled?
I thought that had been debunked at least a dozen times here by now.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Well it's good to see that someone is doing well in this economy that Obama wrecked.

Papantonio laid the blame squarely in Dick Cheney's lap and said this was one of the deregulations of the energy industry that was negotiated during his secret meetings with oil industry and other energy executives during George Bush's first term in office and called this the biggest under-reported aspect of this disaster.

This whole "secret meetings with the oilcos" farce still being peddled?
I thought that had been debunked at least a dozen times here by now.

then I guess you could come up with one link to suport your statement

Evidence is mounting up that the oil spill in the Gulf is the result of a tragic sequence of equipment failures – but ultimately, all of them should have and could have been caught, had the rig been regulated properly. It turns out that tens of thousands of offshore rigs are barely regulated, a result of Dick Cheney’s private energy meetings and interference with the Department of Minerals Management Services, which regulates the off shore drilling. The MMS is also responsible for collecting the billions in royalties from the oil companies and is the same agency that was investigated and found to be doing coc aine and having sex with oil executives. Their judgment regarding the necessity of regulations was clearly not impartial...

...Regulation and oversight were clearly MIA in this story. Dick Cheney’s secret energy meetings, the MMS suddenly deciding under Bush that they would not continue with the recommendations to update the regulations of the oil companies as began under Clinton (it should be noted that the regulations have not been updated since 1996 – this is how deeply the oil companies have infiltrated our government), the government allowing the MMS to both collect royalties and police the off shore drilling (which is akin to the rating agencies on Wall Street which take money from the companies they “rate”) – all of this is both predictable and profoundly shocking at the same time....

.... FYI the deregulation of oil rigs information was shared with the world from the former head of the Department of Energy during the Bush/Cheney presidency

www.politicususa.com...

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I used to think I was so smart, so I would invest in Jelly Beans, something that everyone loves, they make everyone happy.
Little did I know, dead, broken, enslaved people use no Jelly Beans
I should have invested in weaponry to kill the Jelly bean lovers and I would have made money.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

then I guess you could come up with one link to suport your statement

I guess I could, but this whole concept of secret meetings is a laugh. If they were secret, how do you know about them?

And every - EVERY - new administration has closed-door meetings with many components of our society. Why? Simple. Because people need to be able to communicate their true concerns in a private atmosphere, without fear of being branded as X or Y, or being accused of making secret deals.

Every new administration has these meetings, including your messiah. And to insinuate that the meetings were a cover to plot some sinister conspiracy to destroy America ten years down the road is not only absurd, it is beyond the pale. You've been reading too much ATS, my friend. Sometimes a cigar is just that - a cigar.

If you have PROOF, i.e., FACTS, to support your allegations of regulatory manipulation for financial gain :shk: , then bring it on. Otherwise, it goes into the trash bin, imo.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Ho hum, nothing to see here... pay no attention to the man behind the curtain..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b49d8ab5955c.jpg[/atsimg]

It is just amazing how certain firms (cough cough *Goldman Sachs* cough cough *Haliburton*) just seem to come up smelling like roses no matter what happens in the wider world. Global boom? Record profits. Worst recession? Record profits. Heads I win, tails you lose?

www.cbsnews.com

It is because these companies know what is going to happen at all times. They are the Illuminati.
The best thing is people are starting to slowly realise some thing is wrong.
It also goes to show the FACT that the BP disaster was a planned event.

top topics

join