It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part I - We control our reality and I have proof

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by adjensen

A partnership is not what I am after here. Partnerships are messy businesses as they are designed currently. I am trying for a different approach not the same thing. There is something preventing me from doing this type of business model, and it is the legal roadblocks placed around this business model. To answer your question, yes I do believe if a person is not paid in their own business they will work. I hear stories all the time of business owners having to live on scraps until they have developed a successful business. I do not think it is naive at all to think that people with a common interest in success will work toward that goal, without being paid for it. Understandably, the right people would have to be chosen, like you said, that understand the concept and purpose. I will agree with you that most people would not be ready for this type of business model. They are latched on to their employers nipple for a job.

Well, I can't speak to any legal roadblocks, because aside from tax issues, there wouldn't be any in the US, but as you aren't from here, that's not helpful, sorry.

I can tell you from personal experience that you're correct in most of your statements, but you are most correct in saying that few people aren't ready for this type of business proposition, or even going into business for themselves in any form.

Being entrepreneurial requires that one be a risk taker. A pretty significant risk taker, in fact. The sort that puts their house on the line for their business. Or sticks around when the money isn't there to make payroll, and they need to call their bank to let them know that the mortgage or car loan payment isn't coming in that month. Not many people see that as a way they want to go.

The rewards, if you're successful, are pretty good, but most businesses fail, for a variety of reasons, so taking that risk often means no reward, and sometimes a significant penalty.

Your scheme, particularly if its only major hurdle is tax law, doesn't obviate any of that, and at the end of the day, no matter how "freeing" one might make it sound, the vast majority of people will stick with the security (perceived or otherwise) of a paycheck that they can count on, versus the risk of going it on their own.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join