It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychology Study: Fear Leads to Conservatism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I never equated taxes with charity. Liberals want to set up a welfare state and can't understand why conservatives don't. I merely explained why. It was 12Gauge who said taxes should be considered charity. Which it never can, since charity has to be voluntary.

I may personally feel my money should help the poor, so I should donate to charity, but I shouldn't have the right to force my neighbor to. Do you guys really have such bad reading comprehension?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by evil incarnate

Tax funded infrastructure?

Who do you think maintains the telecom infrastructure in this country?

What the hell are you talking about?

So the government built the internet now?

What the hell are you talking about? No one "built" the internet. Maybe you can tell me who you think "built" it? When was it completed?

The government placed all those cables and phone lines? The government set up the servers, YES THE ONES THEY USE TO TRACK EVERYTHING, maybe.

Yeah, it's not like the internet needs cables, servers, satellites, etc. at all huh? What reality do you live in where the internet would exist without those things?

Wow, to some people the government taxation provides everything nowadays. Hell without taxes my labor would not exist. Without taxes my job would not exist. Without taxes food would not exist.

Seems like you are suffering a breakdown. I never mentioned any of what you are saying there. Again, what the hell are you talking about?

Get a frelling different argument, that one is as idiotic as they come.

Well how about you disconnect from all tax funded infrastructure and then post to me all about how stupid an argument it is.

edit to add: What is "frelling????"

[edit on 7/22/10 by evil incarnate]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
reply to post by 547000

I don't think conservatives have a problem with charity. I think they have a problem with a system that robs from Peter to pay Paul.

That is BS and I can prove it. Since you equate paying taxes with charity, I pose this; If conservatives don't have a problem with charity, why not think of taxes as giving to charity? Your next line answers this question, "I think they have a problem with a system that robs from Peter to pay Paul." You consider it to be robbery to pay taxes, or in the context of the question, charity. You shouldn't be forced to do so, is the belief. You are only forced when you don't do it voluntarily, ergo: you don't want to give to charity voluntarily, because you have a problem with giving to charity.

I find it funny how you can make one statement and follow it up with a contradiction.

I find it funny how you think taxes are the same as charity. Would YOU donate 50% of your income to charity? How about 60%? 75%? How about the government dictates to you how much of your income you WILL donate to charity, and you'll go to jail and have your possessions taken if you don't? Then they tell you that you need to donate more year after year?

Not very charitable, is it?

You're the confused one.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by AwakeinNM]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip

The study's authors also concluded that conservatives have less tolerance for ambiguity, a trait they say is exemplified when George Bush says things like, "Look, my job isn't to try to nuance. My job is to tell people what I think," and "I'm the decider." Those who think the world is highly dangerous and those with the greatest fear of death are the most likely to be conservative.

Well, fear IS the mind-killer... :p

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me ..."

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join