It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at yourself after watching this

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
MODS I have no idea as to where to put this video, if this is the wrong spot please move it.

I couldn't think of a better place to share this video other then right here on ATS. After watching this it really puts things in perspective concerning ones life. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. Wish I could embed it but can't figure out how.

Take a look at yourself

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This is definitely something I will be sharing with my peers.

Thank you for posting this

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I admire that guys fortitude .
Puts things into perspective , most of us are physically capable of doing more than this guy could ever hope for .
The power of positive thinking is a wonderful thing .
I have no doubt he went through some dark stages in his life though , perseverance really pays of if you give it a chance .

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Takka]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Takka

Thank you for embedding the video for me.
2nd line.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I've seen videos of this man before, he is truly inspiring. If only we all saw life the way this man does, the world would be a much better and happier place.
Thanks for sharing this video!

-Danny

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Awesome man. I'm not going to sit here and pretend i'm as positive as this man, but I like to think of myself as a very positive person, who shares the same views as this man. Only about two hours ago I had a friend on facebook complaining that she never gets time off work, and student loans got screwed up, and some other stuff. All I said to her was, "Remember, 29 thousand people died of hunger today."

But I'll remember to use this man as a future example.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This guy pops up on ats just about once a week on average.

Just thinking, can't he get robotic arms now? or is he not able to, or unwillingly to as it would hinder his sympathy factor?

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Just thinking, can't he get robotic arms now? or is he not able to, or unwillingly to as it would hinder his sympathy factor?

...Come on now. Dude has no arms, and you're criticizing him for not getting robotic arms. Take the title's advice man, look at yourself after watching it.

(Disclaimer: I'm not perfect either, just sayin...)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I will be sharing this with everyone!

What a beautiful man. I wish I could hug him.

This has made my year, thank you for finding this and sharing. I shall wear this smile for a while.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
take a look @ google custom search

a lot of discussions already about it

its a great video, but someone had to say it

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Wonderful.

Just wow, what a story, and what a great example. I want to thank the original poster. This really made my day!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
This guy pops up on ats just about once a week on average.

Wow. Maybe some day people like you will learn empathy and compassion. Its sad, because the only one you are destroying by not having these qualities is yourself.

EDIT: I never saw or heard of this man before, so I am glad this was posted, even if it is a repost.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by aching_knuckles]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
That's Right Kids, Just Plunk Down Your Parents Hard Earned Cash Down For My Latest Brainwashing Video And Soon You Too Will Be A Modern Corporate Slave/Whore.

The Only Ones Who Have Truly Expanded Their Horizon Via A Motivational Speaker Are Those Whose Soul Is Just As Black As The Speaker's And See A Get Rich Quick Scheme They Can Also Exploit.

Sorry. I would have have no problem with this if the audience was a bunch of clones in white shirts with neck ties but using the emotions of children to make a buck by selling DVDs shows that your not only lacking limbs but also a conscience.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

Really, what else is this guy going to do for a living. Be a Pro Bass fisherman, I don't think he'll be capable of jigging. What is wrong with sharing a positive message? And if someone chooses to purchase that message and share it with someone else is thier own business.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by coldfiremx]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I have to say I'm truly disgusted that you guys would find a reason to bag on a guy with no arms or legs. Lets be honest here his list of available jobs that he can do really isn't that long.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dthwraith
I have to say I'm truly disgusted that you guys would find a reason to bag on a guy with no arms or legs. Lets be honest here his list of available jobs that he can do really isn't that long.

People are sometimes afraid of those who overcome extreme adversity like this. They have to look at the fact that a man with no arms or legs can be successful and influential and they hate it because they wouldn't be able to be as good a person in the same situation.

Jealousy makes people mean.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
great post OP,
you gotta have respect for people like him

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
He came to our daughter's school last year. A truly amazing individual.

One who, for the most part, would have good reason to be down on life and the hand he's been dealt, but he isn't. In fact, just the opposite. He travels the country giving these inspirational presentations, hoping to afford others a better perspective with regards their worries and woes in life. That no matter how heavy your load may seem at times, no matter how bad things may may appear to be at the moment, there is always someone far worse off than yourself.

That even on your absolute worst day you're probably far better off than he and others around the world are on their best day.

link   
Never seen this before - quite amazing really BUT the thing here which I find really wonderful is that this chap has teken RESPONSIBILITY for himself, something which alot of the population have not, will not and can't do for themselves...

To the people above complaining about motivational speakers, school drones and work slaves, the fact surely he can have a robotic or prosthetic limb.......... then yes I suppose you have a view or a perspective but in reality this guy has used what he has (or hasn't) got in the world we live in and taken RESPONSIBILITY .............. we all should learn from that...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

link   
they shoulda had him come to my school for prep talks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join