It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to determine credible posts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

P.S. A lot of those "invisible enemies" have been very real.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

I don't think that poster was discounting that "they" exist.

I think (THINK THINK, please see that word!) the poster was saying:

"Don't count your chickens before they hatch."

OR

"Don't go into a discussion assuming it is dis-info."

I could be mistaken though...

I usually am.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I wasn't trying to make fun of them or belittle them, and in my defence the angels hitting the WTC and the giant metal eating alien bugs I think some on did say there were school kids, or high. Yes a multi-verse thing, and thats cool if its true, my main concerne is not one of them who claim its in the wrong spot assumed that could be the possible answer. Even when others told them that is probably what happend. ( Really those old school maps were terrible, and not correct so that might truthfully be the case)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

I disagree, Go into evey story you can imagine as disinfo, then if you care, do the research to prove it one way or another.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I made a quote for this this morning, no less!

"If you go into a debate in heat, then all you will get is [snip]ed."

What happened to entering debates with an open perspective? For example:

"Aliens are real! OMG Proof!!!"

This thread is created, I enter the thread with an open mind.

At the same time, I know these things will happen:

1) Within the first page you will get a one liner post "Not Proof, I hate these threads."

2) Within the first page you will get AT LEAST 3 insults at the title of the thread.

3) Within the first page you will get AT LEAST 1 direct attack on the OPer.

You know what I almost never see, a response that "sits down" the OP of a "foolish" thread. And explains why there is no "OMG Proof!!"

I see people "smack down" the OP, with the same explanations, not only that but they get praised for it.

I have nothing witty to end with

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

IE AU is not "out of place", it just isn't in the same place as it was in their universe.
]

Do you guys not find it bizzare in anyway that all the people that claimed this was true were not actually from here, while just about everyone from here or New Zealand disagreed with that?

To be honest it was hialrious for us

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
As for the dis-imformant, and doing the research ourselves, I was taught in debate class and English Comp, that the person who is tryin to convice others, to do the reasearch to prove their point, and it is unethical to make the person you're trying to convice do the reasearch for you.

No I'm not defending those who make fun and shoot down and what not just saying thats what I was taught.

If I wanted to prove that I saw a ghost, I would need to give you all the details and proof and research that I had. It isnt right to make you go and look for it yourself.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

IE AU is not "out of place", it just isn't in the same place as it was in their universe.
]

Do you guys not find it bizzare in anyway that all the people that claimed this was true were not actually from here, while just about everyone from here or New Zealand disagreed with that?

To be honest it was hialrious for us

See I'm not the only one that thought it was kind of fishy...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I do not wish to discuss that topic in here, not the thread topic (sorry!!!)

I will say, for the record, I am undecided on that situation. I have experienced, myself, things that could be described as a "reality shift" (IE I switched "Earths")

(Key words: Could be described)

As for this topic I had some more to add, so thanks for posting! (And, since I am a lurker, I want to say Mr OZ you are one of my favorite contributors! /brown nose)

Due to this perceived behavior. (I don't know if it is "real", but it looks like it is happening to me.) Due to this perceived behavior, the motto "Deny Ignorance" has become a fnord.

If you enter a debate in heat, you promote ignorance. Not by being ignorant yourself, but by driving the other person farther away from "the truth".

And, the only truth I have to give; I am full of [snip].

/fnord

EDIT (To clarify)
The /brown nose was directed at myself. For I was brown nosing

(Sorry if there was confusion!)

[edit on 7/20/2010 by adigregorio]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
No, I can not prove that there are disinfo agents on this specific site, but that is not about to stop me from trying. I realize you probably had to sign "non disclosure" statement. Yet it would be so embarassing for the Government to fight this in court, as far as I'm concerned you are home free. You were obviously originally motivated by money, therefore if you come out, and are able to prove that you were a disinfo agent Both with documents and the names of the people who hired you originally, I will give you $200 in cash personally. I think there are many on this site who would match my offer, to where you could walk away with 10 to 20 thousand dollars if this is proven. I ask my fellow ATS members to take this gamble, invest in this fund, and wait.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

May I make a suggestion?

(Since this isn't real-time conversation I will assume yes, if not ignore
)

Instead of trying to find dis-info agents, why not just out the dis-info?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74

I disagree, Go into evey story you can imagine as disinfo, then if you care, do the research to prove it one way or another.

Am not denying that threats have been real, but going into every discussion looking for a 'disinformation agent' seems counter productive. By all means, research and prove the person to be wrong I suppose, but this approach to me would be attacking part of what ATS is about; being able to speak your mind, show your ideas without fear of being beaten down by an angry mob.

Sure there's the odd heated debate, but try going to any other number of forums and saying the things that people say here and see what happens. There is a quite good forum here! Even though people seem to want to deny it sometimes.

If its got to the stage that we can't even have a discussion without checking each other over for being 'agents' then whoever 'they' are has already won. We shouldn't be fighting/trying to be accepted in our own community.

Think of it this way ... if we waste an entire thread discussing someone we 'suspect' of being an agent what are we not doing? EVERYTHING ELSE!

Have a read of 1984. Big brother would love people to go into every conversation worrying about their neighbor.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Pinke]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

You Miss the point. Which is to prove this is really happening. I will do everything I can to do so. According to my OP the whole point was to "research a specific post, and to make it your personal hobby" I have chosen misinformation agents as my "personal hobby". I will reasearch this until I no longer can. At that point I will go to others with higher capabilities to research it further. In the mean time If I can lure one out, I will pay them for their story, and I would hope you all would be willing to do the same.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I wouldn't be the first time I missed the mark

I wish you luck on your crusade, though I doubt "they" will come forth. And, if "they" did, do you suppose "they" would be around long enough to enjoy any of the money "they" would earn?

(I use "they" as a reference to "disinfo agents")

As for me, I give enough money to the government. My wallet is closed, until further notice

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

If hundreds of them came out. What would the government do? Arrest them all before we would be on top of it and reporting it? All we need is to find one. Then others will roll in. Will the governemrnt publicly prosecute these people for violating thier "confidentiallity agreements"? Not a chance. They would be ousted.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Instead of trying to find dis-info agents, why not just out the dis-info?

I absolutely agree.

I think hunting for dis-info agents will be very difficult at best.

After all, people have posted ignorant/fallacious/dubious/incorrect things on ATS for many reasons. Some were angry, or prejudiced, or misinformed. Some misunderstood other people's arguments. Others were just trolling.

Perhaps some were dis-info agents. But just how long will it take to distinguish those dis-info agents from all the other people that I just mentioned, when everyone here is anonymous?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by skooper1895

Simply ask them to come out, and give them a reason to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join