It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to determine credible posts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
How to determine credible posts.

The first thing I should state, is I am not a debunker. I am in-fact the exact opposite. I want to give truth and credit, where it is due. I want to make posts, that most people would ignore, because of the incredulity of the post itself, more credible, and therefore more difficult to debate. I want to make ATS better! Simple and sweet..
I would like to be part of an elite group at ATS , that is not there to debunk, but is willing to do the research to verify and confirm posts, and make them more difficult to debate.

I honestly believe this can be done, using the following methods:

1. Confirm a post. This is the most simple of all. Look not only at the original source for their post, look for supporting evidence from other web-sites. If the original article is in doubt, DO THE RESEARCH!

2. I know you are horribly busy, and don’t have the time, but research, and call the original witnesses to the event. If they give specific names, look them up, call them, tell them you are a free-lance reporter,(which you are), and get as much information as possible.
Instead of “probing the recent posts” and giving your opinion on each and every one. You instead pick a particular post you are interested in, and make it a personal hobby. Do your best to contact everyone involved in a specific event, record them, and put their words verbatim in a new post on the topic. If we do this effectively, we will eventually replace the MSM.

3. Do not be scared to report what you find. If the proper research has been done, and your report is accurate to your findings, post it, stand by it. You will be backed up! Not only by me, but many others.

Research is everything. If even 5% of us, actually researched the posts which we were interested in, and then, reported back on our findings, we would be a site to be dealt with!

Dealing with agents of disinformation:

There are currently people in the United States, and the World, who are paid by their current government, to spread misinformation in sites across the internet spectrum, but more so, sites like this. If you don’t believe me, please research it, there will be no doubt in your mind after the fact that this is in-fact the case.

The thing is, these people probably don’t make much, $12-$14 dollars per hour. They have to go through a training program. If I was to create this program, knowing what I know, I would do it in the following way:

1.Create a post, on something that is not too outlandish, E.T. or NOW. We’ve given you the basics now roll with it.

2. Ok, you now have their trust, start to immediately tear down any anti-government post that could be true. Hit several posts in the same day, and do your best to disqualify the posts as legitimate.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

If you honestly believe someone is an agent, do research on there past posts, copy and post into a new post and let us all research it. At that point let the person defend themselves if they have not effectively disappeared.

This IS happening , and we need a defense method. I am more than welcome to any suggestions, as to how to make this easier without tearing apart the site and creating “Witch Trials”.

I believe that apathy, and inaction are the biggest problems in the world today. Unfortunately I believe the same is true in ATS. When we make a collective decision to change this, then we can change the world. I know many of you don’t care, and many of you are paid to stop legitimate information.

I’m just hoping that a small percentage of us are willing to work for the truth, and willing to see, and point out legitimate information for what it really is.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The problem with all of this is:

It is much easier to say something rude, and do nothing.

Or

It is much easier to just read the OP and give an opinion.

--------

I agree with your post, and I do most everything listed. However, I feel it will be a cold day in hell when the rest of us do.

Well, a cold day in hell, or a graduation day from high school. Whichever comes first...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

i may or may not agree totally with everything you just stated, but i'm adding you to my friends list.

i appreciate the effort & passion. s&f

i don't know a guy who doesn't know a guy that i know nothing about.star? And we don't speak very often about things we don't know about knowing about.

have a thought, or at least think about it, or don't,
et

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

I realize this is fact. I'm not asking for the majority. Just the 5- 7% who actually care. They will be easy to spot in the crowd. They will have no fear, they will give references (both published, and the ones they found themselves) like you wouldn't believe. They will not be happy with the typical "hoax" response. They will do more and more research on a subject, and they won't let it die. Those are the people I am speaking to.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I was going to dig out my "no more lurking" post, but...well...remember those two things I listed in my first post

(Plus I am heading out for my night-time stroll.)
Pics, or it didn't happen!

Anyway, the whole reason I am typing a post right now is to be a part of the 5/7%. I had been lurking for several years, and I just grew tired of the hatred I was reading in here.

So I decided to type. Sometimes I am funny, other times I am serious, all times I am foolish.

This site used to be the awesome, something is different. So I came back to add what I remembered. Hopefully it will work!

/Perfect World Fallacy

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Thank you. What, in your opinion has changed in this site? Is it the quality of the posts? or is it the quality of the replies? I'm curious, just because i'm relatively new, and would like to know the basics of the original.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
To me it seems a little bit of both, I know I'm a newblinaut but I've been reading for a while and it seems the closer we get to 2012 (ugh) the weaker and crazier and lamer the posts get. Because of all the terrible posts, alot of people seem to have little paitence and in responce the replys get a little meaner a little colder and alot condecending.

On a side note it doesnt help we get little kids posting metal eating growing alien bugs, or angels take out WTC, or an amazing sunset is aliens, and then there is the whole NZ AU in the wrong place so we all time shifted posts.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm not sure we should address the disinformant issue fisrt. What if they outnumber us? How cool would it be to turn the majority of them based off of researched information?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Just create an alternate universe simulation for every variable. then compare as the simulations run in unison with your real life.

its that hard/simple.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jedite

I have to admit the NZ, AUS, thing was interesting to me because I myself , was taught my whole life a different geological location. Did you do the research behind the post? Were some countries simply (disinformed) as far as the geological map? This is what I'm talking about. Obviously that point not only caught your attention, but you were able to take it to heart. Why did so many people believe this? That should be your primary question.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Seeing how 5 out of the 93 people are from NZ or AU, the rest a good portion is from here, and sadly yeah the average american cant find their way around the us map let alone the world map as many country news reports even some of our own news reports pointed out. I think it started out a few of them really didn't want to admit they were wrong or even had the chance of being wrong and desided to claim somthing that can't be proven or disproven instead of acting like adults.

And even if it was true you know what, they are in our timeline now so might as get use to it, no use complaining since they probably wont be going back home.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Wouldn't that be easy? Unfortunately computer simulations have been proven innacurate, time and time again. Is it becuse of Quantum Mechanics? Cant say. All I know is if you look at any long term computer based estimates, the great, great, majority have been consecutavely wrong. Espescially models based on weather.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jedite

Don't get me wrong, I was actually pretty good in geography. This one, I was either taught incorrectly, or I don't honestly know and am not willing to speculate. Very likely taught incorrectly,yet what a serious mistake! Makes me wonder about the rest of my education, or the rest of reality.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedite
To me it seems a little bit of both...alot of people seem to have little paitence and in responce the replys get a little meaner a little colder and alot condecending.

I agree, especially comments like:

Originally posted by JediteOn a side note it doesnt help we get little kids posting...

If people would explain why those things should not be posted, instead of calling the posters little kids...Just sayin'

As for "what has changed" about the site. Absolutely nothing, aside from updates etc.

What has changed are the people who frequent the site. Can that be "fixed"? I don't even know if "it" is "broken".

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What I think happened here in the US anyways schools had forever those very cheap, very badly done maps from the 40's and 50s. The ones I always hated because united states always appeared so huge compared to everything else. They were terrible maps and AU and NZ had a little box and positioned in the wrong place on those maps. So I'm thinking alot of people are probably asshamed to admit they are wrong, and desided to take the easy way out.

My issuse came from the fact that not a one in those few threads came to that conclusion, it was always the people who were claiming they were wrong was wrong... and that time was wrong. They went to the most outlandish theory that can't be proved or disproved because there is no evidence that they came from another zone.

Granted if that theory is true so be it, who am I to judge, but you know complaining and keep talking about it and telling others they are wrong and we are right isnt going to get them no where. So they might as well just adapt to our time.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jedite

In the AU thread, I thought they claimed they came from another Universe.

(Multi-verse type of thing)

IE AU is not "out of place", it just isn't in the same place as it was in their universe.

(I have not read those threads for awhile, my data my be out of date.)

EDIT (To add)
Regardless, insulting them is not the way to "remedy" what is "broken".

(Assuming that whatever "it" is, is broken.)

[edit on 7/20/2010 by adigregorio]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jedite

I laughed when I read your reply, because it was so dead on. In my original text books the U.S. according to the maps was bigger than Asia as a whole. If I can find one I will copy and post.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

What happened to "Correlation does not equal causation."

That is one of those staples to the "research" you mentioned in the OP...

Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I find the disinfo agent suggestion a little off putting. It kind of sounds a bit like the proverbial big brother is getting to you.

What is being suggested is to distrust people based on a way they might speak, communicate, or opinions they have and then cast them out. It sounds no different from being paranoid about the commies or other invisible enemies we've had over the decades.

I mean there's a thin line between being guarded and simply turning people away out of paranoia. I think the suggestion in the first post of this thread would cross that line for me.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

I know it's scary. But it is infact real. There are hundreds of MSM stories confirming, look it up. It has been posted on this site, so many times it is not fair to repeat but I will post many examples by morning.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join