It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laser used to shoots down planes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by Retseh

If it can shoot down a drone , then why not a missle ?

See also THEL. THEL can also shoot down planes, they just don't advertise the mods.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Who knows if he ever built a working version of anything but it was talked about him being able to. There is a Time Magazine article from July 23, 1934 that mentions it but never shows that it was true. Now was it possible for him to have made one? Yes. If you see all the things he invented you then realize how much of an understanding he had of machines and energy.

He invented dynamos, transformers, induction coils, condensers, arc and incandescent lamps. Also AC current and is said to be the actual inventor of the radio.

He was also a little loony, but what Genius of this caliber isn't?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

He invented dynamos, transformers, induction coils, condensers, arc and incandescent lamps. Also AC current and is said to be the actual inventor of the radio.

He was also a little loony, but what Genius of this caliber isn't?

Dynamos were pre-Tesla. He invented the AC motor. Dynamos are what you make DC with, and have been around for a lot longer than Tesla. Nor did he invent inductors, nor transformers, nor condensers. I don't believe he invented arc lights or incandescent lights either. Nor did he actually 'invent' AC current, although he was probably the inventor of radio in at least a sort of legal sense.

So you have one out of eight right.

That's not to say he might not have invented improvements to the things you list, but to say they didn't exist prior to Tesla is wrong, with the exception of the AC motor, which you didn't list, and which is his central contribution.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You are correct, he owned the rights for the induction motor and made his own version, my bad. He is given credit for AC current but was I there, no. Where is your proof otherwise? Florescent lighting, check. Radio, check. What is your point? That he couldn't have invented a death ray or that you haven't read that much on Tesla?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I take that back you probably have read about Tesla. I misunderstood something in your post and I was quoting from a Time Magazine of that era so that was my first mistake.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by Retseh

If it can shoot down a drone , then why not a missle ?

See also THEL. THEL can also shoot down planes, they just don't advertise the mods.

You're right, THEL tech has been tested for a while now by various nations.

Here's a site that reports US-Israeli co-operation in development of an anti-rocket/artillery THEL laser system, apparently shot down 28 Katyusha rockets and some artillery shells in testing during later 90's. It is supposed to be implemented into Israeli defense by 2007, according to the article: www.missilethreat.com...

Then of course there's the fact that the Soviet Union developed, tested and fielded HEL laser defense systems like 30-40 years ago... I still find it funny that people see a new and shiny American laser and think it's beyond anything else in the world

EDIT: US-Israel laser url seems to be iffy, but it's the sites problem not mine

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join