It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth: Like a school? My thoughts...then yours...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

* Pass along this thread if you dislike people thinking outloud *

[Don't judge me
]

I am writting to you tonight with a semi-stupid jarrgle of thoughts I had today.

I am not sure where to post this. Sorry if it's in the wrong section.

The reason I am posting this is because...well...where else would I be able to get to and then possibly get an answer to such a question?

Anyway, today I was thinking about the idea of the Earth being like a classroom.
Have any of you heard of that idea? or thought about it?

It makes sense in some weird spiritual way kind of.
Then I thought...wait a minute it can't really be like a school.

Cause if Earth is say "grade 6" you would assume that it would be a relitively static curriculum, right?
"grade 6" is always "grade 6". You know what I mean? You with me so far?

It wouldn't make sense for a classroom to change is all I am saying.
Of course curriculums gets changed... in schools today things do get switched around. But still "grade 6" will always be "grade 6".

...I thought of 2012...I thought of the non doom and gloom side of it. If we are to all change supposedly and become all positive.
If that does happen...then for sure that would make no sense for me to think of Earth as a classroom. Because why would our "grade" be made easier?

I continued arguing with myself the idea of the Earth being like a "classroom" or a "grade" of sorts....

Things are constantley growing and changing. Technologically and perhaps intellectually too (which I sometimes find hard to believe) and in that case if were are changing and this "course" gets easier. Then Earth simply cannot be like a school.

However, if I am to think negitively and see that our species will never change. Then this planet remains like a school. Or rather it remains a "grade".

It was a dumb conversation I had with myself.

But, what do you think of this? Do you think Earth is like a school? and if so what kind of school? Is it just one grade or do you think it can be many grades...in which case the idea sort of collapses onto itself.
Is it an easy grade? Or a hard grade? Do you think you've failed this grade before...? ect

There is no right answer here. I am curious as to what you'd all think.

I know my threads are all like this. No point really. Just wondering about stuff.

If you want to let this thread die...cool. If you want to respond that's also cool.

-Before2017Victor

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

I have thought about this before, however it seems to me that instead of a passing grade to advance, our life would be easier summed up by a "go/no go" grade. Have you made progress? Have you learned compassion, humility, strength, and courage? Have you loved unconditionally, and had to make sacrifices? Or have you not.....

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I believe we're here to progress spiritually and learn lessons pertaining to our karmic flow.

One thing I have been hearing about 2012, is that it is something to the effect of a 'graduation'. I couldn't tell you specifics because I simply don't have much information about it. All I can say, with some amount of assuredness, is that if you have been living in a predominantly negative way (i.e. selfishly, insincerely, even maliciously) up until this point, you may want to reconsider your motives and intentions. I feel that the more positive energy we emit and send out to others, the higher our vibrational frequency becomes, and it is these loving people who will successfully graduate in the supposed upcoming events.
More and more people globally are beginning to sense that something big might be on the horizon.
I like your train of thought with this thread. I've wondered things like this before and I do believe that we are here to progress. Earth life is difficult, as it is meant to be, but I believe that we individually choose how we react to everything that occurs here.

[edit on 19/7/10 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
You might want to take a look at this:

Ra Material

It is kind of a long read, but I think it covers how we are here to learn quite well.

Planet Earth might just be a classroom for ascension to higher realms.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

I am glad you like my thinking. haha

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
First off, flag on the play: excessive paragraph use.

Now that's out of the way, I think it's more like a "school of hard knocks". Some learn quickly, some never learn. What is it we're learning? I don't know - I'm the student.

Did I even say anything just then?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Huh?

Total score for Awakein: FAIL!
jk

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Love the topic. No, I don't think Earth is a school, but rather more like a prison. We are the prisoners and the jailers. Nothing to learn here. Except how to escape and what, maybe a handful of souls in recorded history can make that claim with any authority. I think the line of thinking that has this being a school for learning spiritually has to answer, "why so few graduates?" You get my drift.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I view Earth as a place many souls chose to incarnate to before being born. Just another lesson to be learned in the great spiritual evolution.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Huh?

Total score for Awakein: FAIL!
jk

Guilty. That was a pretty weak post, I'll own it.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

In other words, I chose to be here is what you're saying.

It reminds me of the philosophy of Sartre who was like you chose everything basically.
We may not choose to be born really, but you can certainly choose wethere or not you want to engage in life.
One thing I read about in a course I was working on was that for example if you chose to be in the army (even if you're kind of stuck in it) he said you still chose to be in it because "you can always kill yourself".

Lol I am not sure how I feel about that kind of philosophy.

I think that is slightly different from what your saying.

You mean that like taking ownership of ones own life? As in I am the driver. And I can chose where I want to go type thing?

Weird how our species has such amnesia...we have no idea how we got here. ...how strange...

I am ranting.

BTW, I'd appreciate it in this thread if ppl could expand somewhat on what they are saying.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Here's a what-if:

What if the people saying that we are all fractals of the same all-seeing, all-knowing entity we refer to as "God" are on the right track?

Leaving the concept of religion out of this argument, what would YOU do if you were that entity and were existing all up in your ... existence. What is that existence like? Is it exciting? Is it boring? Do those concepts even matter?

Would you create a reality where you could experience everything? Make it so that you break it into a multi-player experience and then compile all your viewpoints afterward?

I've laid awake at night thinking "What if there was no universe? What would be in its place if it did not exist?" and within my realm of comprehension, the answer becomes "There HAS to be a universe, there can't NOT be a universe because there can't be a lack of existence. If nothing existed, who and what would be able to experience anything?"

So, the age-old philosophical answer to the question "Why?" is accurate.

"Because."

That's all I need to know. I'm just enjoying the experience and always looking to get as much fulfillment from it as I can, while always trying to do the right thing. I figure I'll find out the answers when I'm supposed to, and I don't need to be asking too many questions in the meantime.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by joechip
Love the topic. No, I don't think Earth is a school, but rather more like a prison. We are the prisoners and the jailers. Nothing to learn here. Except how to escape and what, maybe a handful of souls in recorded history can make that claim with any authority. I think the line of thinking that has this being a school for learning spiritually has to answer, "why so few graduates?" You get my drift.

I don't bother logging-in much these days. But twice in two days I find myself responding first to a Joechip thread and secondly, to star a Joechip post (above)

Joechip has said basically what I intended to say, i.e., 'Earth is a prison - nothing to learn here ' (except, possibly, the dawning realisation it's somewhere/a dimension from which one needs urgently to escape)

All these 'education/school' notions originated in the waffle spouted over the years by the precursers of Hallmark-card philosophers and those of the Victorian era who believed they had 'Life, God and the Afterlife' all sorted out and played to inspirational music against a background of puffy clouds and angelic grave-monuments. In other words, the original ' Life is a School' sentiments were attempts back in the day to put a positive-spin on what for most was a bloody grim reality, i.e., ' Keep working, keep praying, keep scrubbing our underwear and slaving in our factories and mines - for your reward will come after your death'

Add the to the above the saccharine warbling of genteel ladies and 'psychic/mystics' -- freed by an army of cheap servants from mundane housework and child-raising to sniff lavendar, take tea on the lawn and indulge in 'spiritualist services' -- who claimed, via seances, that the deceased rhapsodised about the comforts and joys of the Afterlife in a Heaven, portrayed very much as one big upper-class garden party, complete with card-games and croquet

But speak with real people, down here in the suburbs. Or the elderly, facing death square in the eye. Ask them about 'Earth as a School'. And they'll tell you that to their genuine surprise -- they haven't learned a damned thing -- except how worthless and pointless is the majority of humanity, themselves included

Evolution ? Where ? Still raping, killing, stealing, lying, cheating, plotting, cannibalising, fornicating, breeding, destroying, desecrating, fantasising. Still with the remnants of animal-origins of fur/hair, teeth/fangs, tailbones, webbed hands and feet and atrophied gills, etc. Planet of the Apes. Apes with cell phones and happy to function as living advertisements via idiot designer-labels on their backs

Earth Farm is what it is. Cows and sheep graze on grass while the sun shines. Earthlings also play in the meadows and ignore they're being milked and bled with every minute of their short lives

Here to learn ? But we haven't learned ! We have NOT learned a thing ! Not in millions of Earth years. We simply breed and breed for the Farmers. We still kill each other or want to. We still fritter away our few years on rubbish. We go to the slaughter, to the abbatoirs, with stupid expressions on our faces, praying to gods we hope exist. We still face death in hope and ignorance, clinging to greeting-card sentimentality like our parents and theirs, and theirs, and theirs

Bitter is the life of the human-animal -- who knows less at his death than at age two

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
reply to post by sphinx551

In other words, I chose to be here is what you're saying.

It remin

You mean that like taking ownership of ones own life? As in I am the driver. And I can chose where I want to go type thing?

I base this philosophy on Near Death Experiences I read and one NDE particularly talks about souls choosing to incarnate on Earth but they (the souls) didn't have to. It's all a personal choice. The souls just wanted to experience life lesson(s) on Earth.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Read Ishmael.

The Earth is not a school. The Earth is.

We have in our minds that the Earth is "ours", made for man and to be ruled by man... We're crazy!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Do we see what,

we want to see?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ok think about this, what if our lives are already planned out by our higher conscious now I don't mean every little event but like big meaningful events where we learn something from them, could be a great wonderful event or a super #ty event as long as we learn something. The reason why we are here and we live the lives we live is because our spirit/soul whatever basically writes the story to our lives with lessons that it needs to learn in order to evolve and then when we die it makes a new story for a new life with new lessons unless they have no more to learn and that would be an enlightened individual and that would be like graduating school, then it would move onto whatever it does after its learning is done, whatever that may be.

top topics

join