It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Oakland going to be the match?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It seems that the public either law abiding or criminal have had enough and are now going to war with the police.
This occurred Sunday.
Oakland Sniper
www.insidebayarea.com...

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Only this, if that help's....

www.mercurynews.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Whos to say the cops at the scene didnt make it up to cover a bribe or something? the article give no mention to anything being hit, especially police equipment... a real sniper wouldnt miss.. add to the fact that police from all around were called in and found no trace of him?

who knows... im probably just going off the conspiracy deep end here....

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sm0k3

Did you watch the vid? War zone
Snipers don't have to be accurate to be snipers. Just hidden.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by brutalsun]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

No, cant say ive seen it, ill add it to the list though.

What I mean is, the article makes it sound that the police were the targets, and I cant see a sniper not at least hitting a police vehicle if that was the case. I can see the sniper just firing off rounds to draw attention, but that just doesnt sound right to me.

I dunno, hopefully we'll hear more about it soon...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sm0k3

The media is using the term 'sniper' very very loosely here. While when most people hear 'sniper' they think of the Army trained waiting in a clock tower type but in this incident it's a hood on a high floor spraying bullets down indiscriminately at the street.

This sounds like a great distraction tactic in having the entire OPD respond to one incident while leaving the rest of the city vulnerable to other crimes.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The video is NOT of the sniping incident, but of the 580 freeway shootout in Oakland ....

Shootout ...

Great video ... sort of "Cloverfield in the Hood".

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
if one person caused this great of a problem think of what would happen if half the city joined in? do you think congress would listen then. lol bad taste I know but you have to say it “what if”.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by brutalsun
reply to post by sm0k3

Did you watch the vid? War zone
Snipers don't have to be accurate to be snipers. Just hidden.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by brutalsun]

Ya.. but to fire that many shots and not even hit the broad side of a car? Common .. something doesn't add up. There were no reports of any buildings hit, parked cars hit or anything from the sniper fire.. so wtf was the sniper shooting at? Officer ducked behind cars hear bullets "whizzing" by them.. and no damage at all?

And then the guy escapes without a trace from a building that was seemingly surrounded?

Maybe no a conspiracy.. but weird for sure..

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by area6
The video is NOT of the sniping incident, but of the 580 freeway shootout in Oakland ....

Shootout ...

Great video ... sort of "Cloverfield in the Hood".

That's the vid I linked...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Rockpuck:

"Ya.. but to fire that many shots and not even hit the broad side of a car? Common .. something doesn't add up. There were no reports of any buildings hit, parked cars hit or anything from the sniper fire.. so wtf was the sniper shooting at? Officer ducked behind cars hear bullets "whizzing" by them.. and no damage at all?

And then the guy escapes without a trace from a building that was seemingly surrounded?"

Yes i have to agree something doesnt add up here.

My First reaction / thought is that this was another attempt to provoke violence. I would be willing to bet five dollers the man was firing blanks and allowed to escape so he could not be connected to whatever agency he works for.

it smells fishy.

~meathead

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

At first .. I read your reply and thought naw.. can't be, what purpose would it serve?

But then.. like a light being flicked on in my head..

What happened to the Oakland Police Department recently? Denied budget extensions and were actually forced to take a budget cut.. the man in charge declared that losing 10% of their force would mean they would refuse to respond to "minor" crimes..

Then a series of high profile crimes all involving police being shot at occur. Culminating in a sniper hold up in a tower firing at police.. nearly every police officer has to respond leaving the rest of the city without coverage.

Now, no doubt, the Police Chief can go back to the city council and say "this is how it's going to be with our budget cut" ... Of course, this conspiracy would only hold any weight unless the department had a budget increase because of said incident. Otherwise.. I suppose it's just a bizarre story.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
California, in particular the Los Angeles and, especially the San Francisco Bay area (of which Oakland is oft considered the ne'er-do-well, lower-class batard step-child) is being carefully prepared for civil unrest the likes of which have not been seen since the Rodney King inspired Compton riots a decade ago.

The media-fueled genus of this unrest, the accepted locus, will be the sentencing of the BART cop who (accidentally) shot and killed Oscar Grant, while supossedly reaching for his Taser.

Does public funding cuts to the Oakland police figure into the steady drumbeat of fear and coverage; most likely.

But California is a State with more than it's share of problems right now (not to in any way diminish the tragedy being suffered in the Gulf states!),
and , as it has in the past, California is in the midst of stepping up to its practiced role as social harbinger of the Nation's (if not the World's) future.

Ladies and gentlemen, the No Smoking lamp is on. Please bring your seats to the upright position, make sure your seatbelts are tightly fastened, and be prepared to fight for your lives if the need should arise.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Bhadhidar]

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Bhadhidar]

new topics

top topics

join