It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCK: Video Suggests Racism At NAACP Event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Official At Freedom Fund Banquet Says Racial Considerations Would Be Factor For How Much Help Afforded

There are some types of racism that we can do nothing about. And then there are cases like Shirley Sherrod, who abuse the public trust because of her position, and imo deserve a jail sentence.

Well, NAACP...are you going to call for her to denounce racism, which is real and obvious, as you have with the TPM, which is a false issue manufactured by you?

Sherrod belongs in jail for this blatant admission of misuse of government funds in a racial incident. Her type disgusts me.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
There are racisit in all groups, and here is proof that the NAACP, a group who is suppose to be against racist comments where they are backing a case of reverse discrimination, where the victim is white and the perpertator is black.
Has the country gone in full circle to where now the victims are now the people doing the exact same thing that a generation ago, their parents and grandparents were the exact same victim of.
Justice needs to be blind and the law equal to all people, not ignored in favore of one group or the other. And it is an act of hypocrisy when a group that is suppose to be against discrimination, to turn a blind eye when it the very group of people that they are suppose to be helping out. It is my belief that comments and actions like this is what keeps the idea and acts of racism and discrimination continuing on, as the very groups who condone such often are not taking a firm stance and looking at every one as equal. It damages their credibility and leads people to wonder if the organization really represents the very ideas that it is sworn for such.
This is the second time where the NAACP has been shown that it speaks out against racism when it come to a white person doing such, but fails to step up when it is an african american does such. That is just wrong and should not be allowed. I think that they should look at the country as if they were justice and be blind, speaking out about such no matter who says it or what group they may or may not represent.
Racism, no matter who is doing it, is just wrong. And what is even worse is that this time it is someone who worked for a federal department in the US government. It damages the credibility of the federal government, that can not afford any more issues like this.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I don't like throwing out the R word that much, but she seems to harbor some animosity for white people and isn't too ashamed to admit it. The fact that she would be so open about it os kind of disturbing.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Does she still have a job at the Dept of Agriculture? If she does this should be more than enough grounds for firing her. Even if you dont fire her for these racist remarks you should at least fire her for admiting to not doing her job properly.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
How about posting the entire video of what the speaker said? If you listen to that last sentence that was cut short the speaker seemed to be getting at the lesson learned.

Or don't and take your hate somewhere else.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Asperglar]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Asperglar

LOL, so you dont like it when people misrepresent what you say to make it racist to try to sway public opinion to their side. Ironic, isnt it?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Sherrod belongs in jail for this blatant admission of misuse of government funds in a racial incident. Her type disgusts me.

I agree - how is it possible to get rid of racism when idiots like this use a position of authority to reinforce it?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZuluChaka

No, I don't care to see some sound bite used as "proof" that A equals B without hearing the entire thing in context.

I'm not too sure what the irony is in this but I have a feeling you'll let me know.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Asperglar

The irony is that the NAACP, Jesse Jackson, Rev. Sharpton, The Obama admin, Liberals, etc.. do the exact same to white folks almost daily. If I had a dollar for every time I have seen the left pull this crap, I would be rich.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by ZuluChaka]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The fact that she appears to be relating a lesson learned doesn't make the crowd response to the first part of her speech any less racist.

If she is speaking against discrimination, it's unfair to villify her.

If people need to speak against reverse racism at a NAACP function, it's hypocritcal and unfair to villify the TPM.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by 23refugee]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I bet I could record nearly any of you talking for a few minutes and paraphrase you to make you sound like a monster too. She LATER talks about realizing it wasn't about white or black but have and have nots.
Stop being so fast to condemn people for lukewarm racism when there's plenty of over-the-top, true-blue racists to deal with without inventing any.
I'm sick of hearing "his people" and "my people" though. Guess I;m not good enough to be one of "her people".

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Those who carry the race card in their wallet are the ones who are racist. Like someone basically said, be a white man walking through harlem and see what true racism is...it's not just blacks either, many minorities openly hate whites and yet whites are put down by guilt

top topics

join