It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Simmons' warning on King World News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
www.kingworldnews.com...

Before anyone decides to flame this thread with either "already posted" or that Simmons is a nut bag, please realize this is not a re-post, nor should you rattle him off as a nutbag. Chances are he's a hell of a lot smarter than you, especially given the subject.

This is a long interview with Matt Simmons on King world news radio talking about the open "gusher" spewing 120,000 barrels a day. He describes that a toxic oil "lake" is forming at the bottom of the ocean and getting bigger and bigger, and contains massive amounts of methane gas.

Simmons' main concern and fear is that BP are deliberately lying to everyone including the Government. He says that should a tropical storm enter the region and draw up the cold water from the bottom of the ocean (which is what storms seem to do) this is going to bring up the methane gas that is lingering down there.

It could kill millions.

I'm no expert, and I certainly do NOT advocate bullsh*t tin foil hat claims that are irresponsible and dangerous. Scaremongering in my opinion should be a crime and those who advocate it held totally accountable by law.

Saying that, I am afraid that Simmons might be right. And indeed what if he really is right? Are BP trying to cover this megalithic truth up? I have no reason to doubt they would. Those in power in BP could be sent to jail over their negligence.

For those that live in the Gulf, please listen to this, but do not freak out and panic. I would suggest showing it to loved ones also to get their opinions.

Matt is saying that he has inside information and whistleblowers coming to him with this information, so I wont put it down to ramblings of someone who has lost his marbles. I hope he's wrong. But if he's right I hope enough people heeded his warnings and got of the area safely and in time

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Nomad451]

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Ya know, even if there isnt another leak to thqt magnitude... There is already enough horrible crap ligering now in the bottom of the gulf that the hurricane nightmare scenario would still be concerning...

Great post

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

No doubt. Terrible... There's still 4.5 million barrels of oil sloshing around out there. And obviously more if Simmons' sources are correct.

I just want everyone in the Gulf region to hear this coming from him. If he's wrong then he should be held accountable.

If he's right then the implications are just staggering.

I trust him over BP, that's the only thing I can be certain of

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Matt Simmons is a banker at best and a journalist at worst. Not one of his ignorant hysterical rants has as yet proved true. Sorry, I do know more about the subject matter than this idiot, since I've been drilling oil & gas wells for over 30 years.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by billyjack
Matt Simmons is a banker at best and a journalist at worst. Not one of his ignorant hysterical rants has as yet proved true. Sorry, I do know more about the subject matter than this idiot, since I've been drilling oil & gas wells for over 30 years.

So are you saying its all back to square one an there's nothing to worry about anymore?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Listening to this guy Simmons, I am not feeling it. He sounds like he does not really have the scientific facts, he sounds like he knows about as much as some of us now do here on ATS. Don't get me wrong, being a man that has served the ocean energy industry, he must know a lot of things, but I think he is just a name to interview and has no real insider info. He likes to hear himself talk...that seems obvious to me.
Hey, and I love an insider story, but I had to turn this one off.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Thanks for the ignorant reply, it's is very disconcerting that people like you get your facts so twisted.

Matthew Simmons: Founder and Chairman of the Board of the Ocean Energy Institute & Former Chairman Emeritus of Simmons & Company International - Matt was past Chairman of the National Ocean Industries Association, and served as energy adviser to President George W. Bush, among others. Simmons is author of the book Twilight in the Desert: The Coming Saudi Oil Shock and the World Economy, which examines oil reserve decline rates to help raise awareness of the unreliability of Middle East oil reserves. Simmons is one of the top minds in the world when it comes to energy. His work has been followed internationally for over 35 years and Matt's company Simmons & Company International has served as co-manager on over $38 billion in public debt and equity offerings. Simmons & Company has also acted as financial advisor in $140 billion of transactions, including 550 merger and acquisitions worth over $97 billion.

Hardly a banker or journalist.

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjack

I have to ask, In your professional opinion what is the chance the well casing is compromised? What would have made them stop the top kill so quickly? Ok thats a couple of questions for you. I really think it is interesting that they are waiting to get the pressure up. I am just wondering what your professional opinion on these things.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well I have some concerns about Wells/Allen saying that the leak 2 miles (3km) away is not related the Macondo well. There was a seafloor scan before BP started drilling the Macondo well and there was NO detection of any leaks in the area!

There is a lot more disturbing information from the source article:
www.nola.com...

I found this article via:
www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

i'm sorry too. i've read his resume, so how about lets take a look and see yours. it should only take a minute to post. (for some reason i have this sneaking suspicion that either a) you wont post one, or b) it wont hold a candle next to his)

it gets soo stale when anonymous cowards post drivel about other people .. but have NOTHING to put up as credentials for themselves. (and dont worry .. i wont be holding my breath to read yous).

you can also provide a list of ALL HIS HYSTERICAL RANTS that never came true. but i wont be waiting for that either.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by upstateman]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt

Thanks for the ignorant reply, it's is very disconcerting that people like you get your facts so twisted.

Once a coward, always a coward.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well BillyJack until you can offer the people in the Gulf hard solid evidence to refute Simmons' claims as hot air, I would strongly advise you shut your mouth and keep your pathetic slander and self promoting horse sh*t to yourself.

If Matt was correct, IF Matt was correct about this, I would hold you personally accountable for trying to obstruct information on a situation that could cost a lot of lives.

You wanna live with that? Because I would take personal satisfaction in trying to find out who you are.

Simmons' is putting his long career reputation totally on the line with his statements, and I know you haven't even listened to the interview. So before you go manifesting your own ego into posts as slander on others, at least listen to what the other party has to say you ignorant worm.

Simmons is saying that he has had scientists come to him with this information that worked on the NOAA. Other oil industry workers know about this too but are not coming forward with the information.. I do suspect that more will if this is all real..

But like I said, these are immense claims and incredibly dangerous. If for whatever reasons Matt is found out to have been lying for what ever reasons he should be charged for trying to create a panic in the Gulf.

If he's right he should be rewarded for having the brains and the courage for speaking out when all other paid off chicken sh*t losers wouldn't.

I suppose you've heard about BP buying up the scientists in the Gulf? Keeping their mouths shut? What about the incredible media blackout in the area? Something ain't right if you ask me.

Don't come back into this thread until you have something substantial and intelligent to add instead of re-cycled comments about Matt from users at The Oil Drum.

new topics

top topics

join