It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Capitalist or Communist? Is That a Rhetorical Question?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Are You a Capitalist or a Communist?

Beaurocracy.

preface: I know this is dangerous talk. But hey. I don't know if my IP hider works. I gotta test it somehow lol. And Mods, if this should go somewhere else, make it so. Engage!

I'm beginning to think things are a lot more twisted out of reality than we may suspect. The ptb are pro-capitalist, anti-communist, as are most americans and, according to widely-held views, in idea, I am too. I should be able to acheive any amount of wealth. That is one of my human rights. Any human's right darnit. No one should apportion anything.

I think the govt is actually communist in nature. If you think about it, their very existence is apportioning US wealth. Its been brought up in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... that we could live nearly for nothing if our money was worth what we are. These people are draining wealth from the citizens on a massive scale. Replacing it with debt (chains).

If the govt didnt exist we would be rich. They have us tell us we're too inept to govern ourselves while dumbing down our schools, so we are. Do you really think citizens are unable to conduct international matters? Phones exist. Are we unable to handle fixing roads? Its us who get hired to fix them. We cant police ourselves? They hire us to police us. Are we unable to secretly develop ufo technology? lol, but seriously. We are strong, unlike we're told and made.

The worst part is that they teach us communism is evil yet they are communism. They directly apportion the wealth of the people, to themselves haha. The whole time, gaining absolute control by being outside of all dualism and using it to use us. Playing us like chess.

They say the only reason communism fails is human ego and corruption. Communism in theory is utopia. But it always fails through human error. The theory of communism is beautiful, just like the theory of capitalism. Govt is what destroys both. Grows inside, feeds, multiplies like a cancer. And capitalism is seemingly failing too. Not surprisingly, through ego and corruption. Things are looking like sooner or later it may be coming to a head. Good news for humanity, bad maybe for people alive now who'll go through it.

I don't think I'm capitalist or communist, but I know I wanna be free. I want complete freedom and freedom of information for everyone. The right to peace. We are highly capable. I'll conduct international meetings if everyone else declines. AND fix stuff instead of making them worse to capitalize with money (chains).

Possibly though we all think we're capitalist, we are far from it.

Thanks, I just wanted to state observations and postulate on causality of current ways and times.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Don't get caught up in buzzwords.

There is a big difference between Communism and Stalinism/Bureaucratic Dictatorship.

Think about whose consolidating power in this day and age - is it the people? or is it the corporations.

Americas government in particular only exists to facilitate corporate growth (necessary under capitalism or the system fails) and maintain law and order as a means of protecting that growth.

That doesn't make them communists.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I like it.

I don't think I'm capitalist or communist, but I know I wanna be free. I want complete freedom and freedom of information for everyone. The right to peace. We are highly capable. I'll conduct international meetings if everyone else declines. AND fix stuff instead of making them worse to capitalize with money (chains).

Exactly. 'isms' aside, we want freedom, peace, and we have what it takes to achieve.

'The Powers That Be' are a contradiction. They are capitalists, and communists, and all kinds of other things. But, I think we can label them easily as this. They are against people being able to care for themselves, interact peacefully, and do as they see fit in their own lives. They want to be our masters and control us. They are, simply, jerks.

Our government, in colusion with their 'private' corporate friends, are jerks. They are no different than the school yard bully but just on a larger scale.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mav0360

So just to be clear, you believe that the United States and other places have become more capitalist to the point where it has begun to fail?

I ask because its obvious to me America is not a capitalist country, and therefore there is no capitalism to fail. Its fair to call Hong Kong and Singapore capitalist countries. When do you suppose they will fail if they remain capitalist, so you can know for sure if you are right or wrong about capitalism failing?

I believe everyone should be a capitalist because capitalism is what is shown by studies to have a real positive impact with reducing poverty and increasing freedom.

My idea is that the United States and places around the world are failing because they have the incorrect idea that capitalism is bad, and therefore have been implementing anti-capitalist policies for decades and the results of that change are now showing up loud and clear.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Personally I refuse to claim any economic model. This world is perfectly abundant for all of its inhabitants.

I would gladly shank a global banker and watch him pray to his currency for salvation.

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

I would gladly shank a global banker and watch him pray to his currency for salvation.

Peace

I just had to point out the glaring contradiction between these two lines.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Does it matter? Communists get screwed by the government... capitalists get screwed by the private sector. Until you can mandate ethics, or humanity grows up, no economic "model" will do anything but create threads like this.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Yeah. When I typed it I said the same thing to myself.

I am pretty sure I would still be at peace with it though

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Apples and Pears dude, they're not mutually exclusive systems.
One is Political (Communism) and one is Economic (Capitalism).
In fact, capitalism is usually seen as necessary for a communist revolution.

Here's a nice article:
What is the Difference between Communism and Capitalism?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
There is only one kind of capitalism and that is free market capitalism (laissez-faire). Once restrictions or government intervention are applied to capitalism, it is no longer capitalism but central planning.

Capitalism, though unbelievably complex is actually very simple to understand.

Capitalism is A voluntary, consenting exchange of goods between two parties, for their own mutual benefit without the outside threat of force.

Everything else is just a fancy word for the Central Planning Board or Supreme Dictator.

There is no country in the world that practices capitalism. All economies are centrally planned and regulated. It's amazing to me that economic model that doesn't exist in practice is blamed for the ills of the world

[edit on 20-7-2010 by METACOMET]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest
reply to post by mav0360

capitalism in theory is beautiful. but all forms of government (no matter what) are a form of apportioning the wealth of the people. apportioning is wrong. its control.

and look the heck around you. people are seeing whats happening. i can feel it coming. whether we oust the whole system, or just the current ptb, a change is coming.

i dont "believe" it. i have an educated idea. you believe. belief is self delusion. you are an adept.

Originally posted by Legion2112
reply to post by mav0360

no, communists get screwed by the govt, and capitalists get screwed by the govt. any govt is direct apportioning of the wealth of the people. ANY. unless theyre volunteers haha

Originally posted by Everyone Else
reply to post by mav0360

thank you everyone else for posting so far...

you can see i'm sure that i mean beaurocratic capitalism. metacomet is the man. anti-govt is a title which fits me. anti-authoritarian. anti-control. anti-central planning. we the people cant do it ourselves?

we now return to the regularly scheduled programming lol

top topics

join