It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Built To Kill (Stunning)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
cool pics gracias!

In that day I will make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field and the birds of the air and the creatures that move along the ground. Bow and sword and battle I will abolish from the land, so that all may lie down in safety.-Hos2.18

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Awesome stuff, thanks.

Be worth purchasing a something by one of these artists I would think.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Amazing pictures, #29 is crazy!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Nice, although I would've finished up with a picture of the ultimate hunter-killer,.... humankind.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

Actually, I raise a multitude of animal species and all of them show emotion. These emoions range from joy to sorrow, pain and pleasure.
Some of the species I raise are preditors and they definately exibit joy and pleasure in the hunt and the kill.
While death can be a "sad" affair in any circumstance it is the natural order of life. I think it is only humans who would assign a negative to what is wholesome and natural.

YouSir

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You got it ALL wrong their buddy. The JOY does not come til those backstraps are frying in some olive oil, butter and #aki mushrooms. thip, thip, thip, thip.......[imagine silence of the lambs reference]

The HUNT is all about work. It is about getting the food. Sorry, unless you are a vegan and do not use ANYTHING made from animal products, you are a hypocrite. And you would be surprised what animal material get into products you use.

Sorry, I am a predator. I eat everything I hunt, otherwise what is the purpose? If it is about the hunt itself, makes no sense to me. Otherwise why not just go out and target practice, which of course many people do.

ALL HAIL THE BACKSTRAP!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Fantastic photos! I love wild animals, especially predators.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Stunning pictures thanks Brother!!! ^_^ S+F

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Im quite happy everyone enjoyed the thread for the most part.

thank you all for your nice replies.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir

Actually, I raise a multitude of animal species and all of them show emotion. These emoions range from joy to sorrow, pain and pleasure.
Some of the species I raise are preditors and they definately exibit joy and pleasure in the hunt and the kill.
While death can be a "sad" affair in any circumstance it is the natural order of life. I think it is only humans who would assign a negative to what is wholesome and natural.

YouSir

Don't get me wrong, I am appreciative of the natural order of life, and indeed it is wholesome, for the lioness and her cubs would starve if she did not kill and eat the wilderbeest/zebra etc as we all know.

No, my comment was about how when humans kill animals, enjoy it, and photo it, we are the only species to do it, as if we must prove to ourselves we are still the top hunters despite the modern day conveniences we have around us.

Of course, we are the only species capable of doing that at the present time.

We should just not show so much pleasure in an immortal image of the death of an animal at our hands.

Humbleness would be a better emotion.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

As long as you appreciate the end of the animal's life and that animal's life cleanly, give acknowledgement that the animal's life has ended, and waste none of what you have killed, I have no problem with what, you're living off the land. (I think living off the land will become more popular if you ask me, either by growing of vegetables or hunting etc)

I think you are saying the photo demonstrated your excitement at eating venison supper, as opposed to taking delight at the death of the animal.

In that case, I happily apologise.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
being someone who is interested in photography, i was fascinated by these amazing pictures.
thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

This doesn't belong in Fragile Earth...

or probably anywhere else on ATS, but still nice set.

NS NF

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
All of these are so beautiful and so significant!
41 is definately my favorite.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

then why even bother commenting?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
These are all remarkable shots that capture the magnificence of these animals. makes me sad that we as a people show such a lack of respect for their power and beauty. Thanks for sharing these.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is an excellent compilation, thanks!

Every one of them captures something unique about the animals and about life itself; fragility, beauty, the battle between cunning and brute force... all are awe-inspiring but #37 is right up there with my favourite images of all time.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I just love these "amazing image" threads on ATS, Don't you?

Awesome!

It can happen just like this.

Would you like the decoding formulas found so far, and to see what has been decoded?

Everything has a price.

Seriously, cool pics.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
When I first clicked the link and read the top line of this thread, i'll be honest i thought 'is this really an ATS thing? But after looking through, i'm in awe of the quality of these pictures, and i can see myself framing more than just a couple of these, S&F for you good sir! thank you very much!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
WOW! That is amazingly beautiful.

What a wonder. Thankyou for posting these pics.

Be Safe

Irish spirit

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join