It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehova's Witnesses and Suicide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Although this thread is not the place to address the issues against JW's you have posted...this thread being about a possible higher suicide rate amongst witnesses than non...which...no statistics are provided...?

Ok...I will take one short paragraph to cover the facts you purported. Beth-sharem...1914/1975... these things are just like how the witnesses used to use the cross in their worship...they used to celebrate christmas...they used to allow members to be smokers...they used to do a lot of things. You need to consider the fact that more than 100 years ago, the witnesses started out as bible students...They had to literaly CLAW their way out of Babylon the Great...false religion...it was not an overnight conversion that came with a complete understanding...it took decades to come to clearer understanding on many droctrin, and put much false dogma behind them....That growth and learning is still ongoing. Bible students are still digging for the truth and clearer understanding...

Back to the OP...I was raised a JW...was very active into my early twenties...I was quite social and associated with several congregations...I would say I was familiar with 4-5 hundred diffent witnesses. I know of one suicide. He was a good guy, but he was a sad guy. Miss that guy, but sometimes for some people this world is too much to put up with.

I would really like to see the stats for general population....vs JW suicide, compared to say christian fundy, catholic, and all the non christian religious groups, see all the percentages side by side, and see who is taking the 'easy way out' who or what groups have the hardest time coping with the World under Satans Rule

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I have a good friend who belongs to the JW. She has been trying to convert me for 5 yrs now. She and other members come to my house at least twice a month. She and her husband and son have come 3 times this month..
I have gone to the kingdom Hall in the past for about a month. They truly believe they are the right religion. But doesn't all the rest believe the same? Right now, I don't belong to any religion.
I have been described as a nut case, loony, crazy and that my elevator does not go all the way to the top!!! Its ok, but here is why And I am about to be called all those names again...I believe in ghosts..seen enough of them.. An I also believe in Aliens, seen only one in 1977. So there is no way right now that that fits in any religion.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'll admit being in the Jehovah Witnesses does do a bit of brain washing just like everything else on earth. It's called propaganda and if you can find one organization that doesn't use congratulations. Though not everything that is imprinted on you is bad thing. I used to be a Jehovah Witness and the things that where left on me when I left where things that helped me live a decent life.

I highly doubt that Jehovah witnesses or even maybe ex-Jehovah witnesses have a higher rate of suicide because that is one of the things that one of the things that is imprinted on you, to not commit suicide because it is the wrong thing to do. Well that's what happened when I was in the Jehovah witnesses

Breaker.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
A question.

Do you ask an extremely bitter divorced person for a balanced perspective on their ex-spouse? My experience is there is an emotional element that really causes a negative spin to be put onto that person. Then you talk to the ex-spouse and you find their side of the story. If you have ever been involved in family councilling you know this to be true.

Embittered people seldom give you a balanced perspective.

Intrepid is longer a part of the Jehovah`s Witness, yet he is not bitter, his perspective is balanced.

He is the guy to listen to, if you want answers that are not tainted with a strong emotional bias. Indeed deny ignorance.

That's a very good point, Blue_Jay33.
You're right - and sometimes it's hard for someone to see through the anger and give a balanced perspective.
I learn a lot here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkansas

Yes "But with all religions they are there to control the masses"
Don't forget make money too. They proclaim they are outside the world which is owned by Satan but they still want it tax free. Witnesses supposedly don't care about $$, yet they take out loans for bigger Kingdom Halls and Assembly buildings with nice furnishings and the whole bit. If you don't wear nice suits you are not aceptable because you need special cloths to represent God. Not good enough to be clean and neat.
They are following Jesus words so where did the "get rid of all earthy goods if you want the kingdom of heaven" go? They could meet in each others homes or even a cheep garage and give the $$ to the poor as the bible says but they need more more more like every other religion, they are all the same!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Grew up a witness and decided in my teens that it wasn't for me. I can only speak from my own experience, but it's no more brainwashing than any other religion. Recently I had a "regular Christian" friend sever all communication with us (his non-religious friends) just because ONE of us asked him to stop being so preachy.

Zealotry is bad in any religion. Don't pick on JW's just because your impression of them is that they're completely off the wall. They're generally the most moral and friendly people you could encounter. I'm happy I had that experience. I think it helped make me a pretty respectable human being. I'm also glad I was able to grow and move on though.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Reading the post after this one I just realized what a waste this thread was and want to have no part of it. So I deleted this comment, and have already said to much again.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Calender]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
A COUPLE OF POINTS IF i MAY BE SO BOLD:

As a life long JW who dedicated his life in all of the organization. Full time ministry as a "regular pioneer". Gave many a public talk and had parts in the larger assemblies and conventions at Dodger Stadium. I will say a couple of things. Some positive and some negative.

I would say in the positive that I have never met overall a cleaner more devout and steadfast group of people. Very organized and very mindful. When you are a JW you really REALLY feel that this religion IS the closest of religions to the "true faith". You really do believe when you are involved that because ALL the other religions are so lost that this MUST be the only true religion.

Mistake #

1. JW's do not realize that the foundation of the religion is based on Masonic Zionistic doctrine hidden and disguised. The founder is even buried in a pyramid with paganistic symbols and was a freely admitted 33 degree Mason of the Illuminati lineage. This is important because much of what it does is based on evil. The very passing of partaking of the bread and the wine of our Messiah as commanded to do is of pagan origin. Passing and not partaking is a pagan rebuke on our Saviors sacrifice.

2. JW's have prophesied several times and because nothing came to pass the scriptures are clear about it being a false religion. Many try to explain away that they were not REALLY prophesies, just possibilities. Well I am here to tell you that if you read what was actually written they did infact prophesy falsely.

3. The act of allowing your child to die from lack of a transfusion is deplorable in the eyes of our Father. Drinking blood is one thing, Treating it as a life giving organ of survival is entirely another.

4. They do not keep the 10 Commandments meaning they do not keep the Sabbath and they do not honor their father and mothers. They will SHUN their parents if they do not follow in the ways of the JW's. This Shunning and the threat of being shunned is what causes so many to commit suicide.

5. Their very Name , Je"HOVAH" is an evil name. Hovah in strongs concordance #1943 means Destroyer, Ruin, Mischief. The scriptures specifically say that the destroyer is satan. They call His son Jesus when Je"sus" is from the word zeus of pagan origin.

6. Their Bible contains the word Lord which if researched the root of which means BAAL.

7. Abuse runs rampant, yes sexual abuse and very common is Mental Abuse. Their is great mental abuse within many families within the Kingdom Halls.

8. Even though they say you cannot be part of any group or organization other than JW they were part of what they even call "the Beast"- United Nations for 10 years from 1991-2001. This is denied yet here is a picture of an official UN memo:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

Oh, thank you so much for your insights(sic)...by clicking your signature I reviewed your website and your 'newly discovered scrolls' that add to the bible translations we have by changing the entire message of the existing word, and you are willing to let me have it for just $29.95 US

shop.originalscriptures.com...;jsessionid=C6F927543500E947F29214AD6CB9D048.qscstrfrnt06?productId=5

Thank you so much.

Please come back to ATS when you want to contribute to threads and not sell books.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

actually I have no part in the finance or creation the book. I find it fascinating and truthful and so I share it because I believe in it. The cost of the book my understanding is to pay for the book and shipping... there's a novel Idea huh... Nobody donates money to be able to give them away for free and there is NO CHURCH SUBSIDIZING THE COST FROM THEIR FLEECED SHEEP so how would you suggest acquiring something without paying for the cost of its creation? Do you get your electricity for free? You are paying for ink and paper, not His Words.

All I have to say is go back to the oldest scrolls we have available and DO YOUR RESEARCH on the scrolls from Qumran and etc. You will find that YHWH has been taken out 7777 times from our scriptures and replaced with LORD, GOD, ELOHIM and etc! Is that so hard to understand. THat is the TIP of the iceburg. Translations have changed His original words greatly.

Do your research which you have not done because if you have you would be outraged. OR continue to believe what you are told... It's up to you. Don't shoot the messenger, do the research.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

One more point of follow up on your comments, why would you post about the link I have on my website when that has nothing to do with the facts of what I stated here and nowhere in my comments did I ask anyone to purchase anything or to go to my site and purchase anything. I have a lot of info on my site however that has nothing to do with the topic here. By the way there is a great link on my page about the fleecing of churchianities sheeple. the article talks about how people tithe based on church issued guilt. You will notice that nowhere on my site is a donation asked for or taken yet I do personally support fatherless children. I notice you did not mention that yet if you go to any site out there it seems there are "donation" links... just sayin...

You saying what you did is like me saying, "Thanks for your reply, btw I did a background check on Xcouncil=wisdom" and found that you are a former attorney who used to represent JW's in court". That has no bearing on facts you may present to me even if it were true. The fact that I link a bible that can be purchased at a fair 1st printing price from a group I have no affiliation with is ridiculous.

Here is a copy of the UN document denied by the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society. It can be verified by writing to the UN for verification.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I ignored all your accusations as they have all already been addressed in threads such as these.
www.belowtopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And none of your comments are relevent to this thread.

But, being a succer for a good troll, I am once again making a reply...

This UN thing...what proof do you have the this association betwene these two organizations is denied?
Its not, and I have proof, here it is =
www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk...

Or from the JW's website =

"Our View of Authority
We are Christians who sincerely try to live our lives in conformity with the Bible. We view obedience to government authorities as part of our worship to God. We do, however, peacefully refuse to participate in any activity that conflicts with Scriptural mandates or our Christian conscience." - jw-media.org...

If you would like to discuss your issues with the witnesses rather than this threads topic, maybe you should take up the conversation in a relevent thread, or start your own.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

It was denied that they were any part of the UN or ANY other "worldly" organization. They disfellowshiped people for belonging to various organizations that they felt were not proper. You are trained as a JW to be no part of the world...

Are you not? Which Kingdom Hall do you belong to sir?

link   

It was denied that they were any part of the UN or ANY other "worldly" organization. They disfellowshiped people for belonging to various organizations that they felt were not proper. You are trained as a JW to be no part of the world...

link   

link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join