It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All said...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Surely you are not saying that human beings are perfect?
If so, pass the cough syrup, please.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by jackflap

No problem. Glad to see you.

What is your take on this "there is nothing to help" idea?
Getting rather philosophical in here.....and we may be headed to a freewill vs. predestination area.

Or we could turn this into a "save DocVelocity" thread and watch it tumble into the great abyss, emitting a gamma-ray burst and destroying all life on earth.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Or we could retire quietly to indolence valley.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Surely you are not saying that human beings are perfect?
If so, pass the cough syrup, please.

Of course not. Humans as humans are dirty, filthy animals that got themselves in to the debacle of being dirty filthy animals, forgetting about their core divinity to become cruel, selfish monstrers in the process, all because they love a good thrill.

[edit on 7/22/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I believe what EnlightenUp is saying is that if someone is created a certain way then it is for a reason. There is no use in trying to alter what one is because it only leads to chaos. This would lead you to believe we are created perfectly already and there is no need to change because you cannot change the outcome.

I personally don't believe this is the case. We just need to aspire to something greater than ourselves and exercise our freewill in getting there.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Great story. If that came from a dream then you must have an awesome sleep life! The only dreams I can remember are the ones where I'm riding a motorcycle and it turns into a recliner.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I personally don't believe this is the case. We just need to aspire to something greater than ourselves and exercise our freewill in getting there.

Which is simply the process of awakening to what we forgot, by being here and by enculturization. Destroy the human. Have no attachment to it.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

Great story. If that came from a dream then you must have an awesome sleep life! The only dreams I can remember are the ones where I'm riding a motorcycle and it turns into a recliner.

Thanks! I do sleep whenever I have the chance. Sheer quantity increases the likelhood something worthwhile will come of it.

Hmmm...motorcycle to recliner? You probably could do something with that.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I too, believe this is what he is saying, and I also agree with you.

The futility of living a life predestined sounds so completely like a waste of time to me, that I honestly don't think I would care to face another day.
I would stop caring, stop trying, stop feeling happiness and sadness.

I think I might give up...Why not? It's out of my control anyway.

And my work.....!
When people come to my office I would have to say "Sorry, there is nothing I can do for you. No matter how miserable and dysfunctional you perceive yourself to be, you are actually perfect. Go now, and revel in your perfectness".

No dice.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

likelhood

Did you omit the "i" intentionally?

I'm giving you a hard time. You know I shouldn't, with you in a fragile state, on cough medicine and everything.

You shouldn't take cough medicine unless you have enough for everybody.
(mama say.)

As soon as Masqua comes along, I will have an OT.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm saying that you can alter things, but it really is just playing around. Sooner or later you'll find it accomplished nothing, and failed to be fullfilling in the long run. Changing is like putting on clothes in front of a mirror just for the sake of trying it. Progress is like stripping naked in front of it.

[edit on 7/22/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

likelhood

Did you omit the "i" intentionally?

Nope. My frailty tricked me into doing so.

I'm giving you a hard time. You know I shouldn't, with you in a fragile state, on cough medicine and everything.

This is not hard.

You shouldn't take cough medicine unless you have enough for everybody.

Fedral law prohibits dispensing it without a prescription.

As soon as Masqua comes along, I will have an OT.

Sounds quite on-topic to me as it refers back the the contents of the OP.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Changing is like putting on clothes in front of a mirror just for the sake of trying it. Progress is like stripping naked in front of it.

Now, this I really like. However, once one has accomplished stripping in front of the mirror, having thusly removed the camouflage and other disguises, one might then have a clearer and more honest picture of what needs to be changed.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

However, once one has accomplished stripping in front of the mirror, having thusly removed the camouflage and other disguises, one might then have a clearer and more honest picture of what needs to be changed.

It's an analogy, and like all analogies, it's not the thing itself (and allow the use of "things in themselves" just for the sake of my being able to communicate), and is imperfect. This sort of stripped-down image has no coarse reflection as such.

Well, just forget about it then, for the protection of my private interests.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Well, just forget about it then, for the protection of my private interests.

Hm. I think I liked you better when you were taking cough medicine.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Hey EnlightenUp, nice poem. for some reason I read it in the voice of bob dylan, maybe it was the line (and you don't know what it is).

I don't know if I read it right but it seemed ta me like the poem was about a depressed guy not being able to express or show his 'true self' at all, or at least having to keep part of himself hidden away from every one else.

anyways,

thanks for the poem.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

That sounds like an awesome dream in my opinion!

I once had a dream where i was riding a huge pillow on my belly gripping the corners to steer . I was in the shoulder of the road and kept getting hit with splashes of water as the much bigger cars drove through puddles.. Odd to say the least.

To the OP,

Thank You for sharing that story. You can tell that it was something you clearly pictured but You did a very good job of keeping vague to invoke a cloudy atmosphere challenging the reader to try and look deeper into it..

Well done,

~meathead.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ser Plum

reply to post by Mike Stivic

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it!

(Hope I'm not being annoying by thanking people. I do appreciate the appreciation.)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join