It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Secret America! Washington Post Just released

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This is HUGE indeed! ET Disclosure can't be far off!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This was designed as an economy sucking boondoggle from the get-go by Bush and Cheney. They put a lot of cronies and contributors in it. Those two did everything they could think of to ruin our economy and drain our resources.

I remember reading some "insider" talking about how they were burying truckloads of office supplies in the dessert to keep it seeming like they needed the budget.

I mean, what were some of the first things we heard about with Homeland Security? Well, I still remember the Watergate Hotel and the former head of CIA being involved in the "Poker and Prostitutes" Scandal. To me, it dovetailed with the THEN conspiracy theory that Cheney had the NSA spying on Americans, news reporters and political rivals WELL BEFORE 9/11.

You see; it was carrots and sticks. Just as -- whatever the three letter agency in charge of Oil company oversight was called -- it was staffed with drug abusers and losers who quickly got caught sharing crack and orgies with the lobbyists they were to oversee.

This is HOW you take over a nation; put people into awesome jobs they can get nowhere else, and then bribe and extort them for whatever you catch them doing. They can't keep up the good life without you and you can ruin them with what you know; THEY ARE YOURS.

The people at the top of this "security aperatchick" likely are only useful because they will do whatever is asked of them -- they have no ethics, no backbone and "security" is just so they can't get caught.

The "Ministry of Truth" -- a few brilliant psychopaths riding herd over a gaggle of Yes Men. Other than it sucking up resources that are better spent on teaching school kids -- it won't be able to secure its own ass. If they don't find "bad guys" to justify their existence, they'll merely find some poor morons who need mental treatment and make them look like a threat, then throw them in a deep hole and fill the news with stories of menace.

A dead paperweight of fear and extortion. All this to defend us against a group of people created by the Saudis and CIA.

What will we have to create to defend us from whatever gets birthed by this huge basket case of unrestrained losers?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by activeSeven

Originally posted by texas thinker
854,000 Top Secret Clearances? How the hell can anything that needs to be secret be safe from our enemies? That is amazing. I cannot begin to imagine the cost. Let's see, those 854.000 employees alone, let's say make 100K annual on average (probably way way more) that would be 85,400,000,000 if my math is right?

You're way wrong on this assumption you have made. I work for the DoD and have a clearance as well. That number stated is probably correct, however, lets try not to get a running start before we jump to conclusions on this.

First, the assumption that "if you have a top secret clearance then you're in meetings all day being briefed on all the government secrets." This is wrong, wrong, wrong. Typically it's the building itself that has the security clearance. For instance, the location I work in has a security clearance. Now, every person that enters that building needs to have a security clearance that equals, or exceeds the clearance of the site. This means, receptionists, janitors, cooks, interns etc. They ALL, need the clearance. Add to that, if you're a government contractor (which most are) then their home office needs a clearance as well, which further adds to this number. So now all of the receptionists, administrative assistants, accountants etc. in that office needs it as well. So as you can see, the number of 845,000 people is bloated, but most of all, it's misleading because over 90% of those people need the clearance just to walk in the door to get to work, it DOES NOT mean that they are exposed to secret/top secret information.

And by the way, most of those people don't make anywhere near 100k.

I worked for Barksdale Air Force Base here in Shreveport/Bossier City Louisiana. I had a Top Secret SCI clearance. The highest without a need to know. We had people that worked in my office with no clearance, Secret, SSI, SBI Top Secrets, etc. My location was considered "Secret", but we still had janitors come in and clean without a clearance. Maybe where you work is different, but this is what I experienced. Also I was told when my clearance was initially started it would cost the government 5-6 million to just investigate my clearance, which tool a full 13 months before I received it. They go to your hometown, talk to all your friends, teachers, parents, relatives, anyone that you may have had contact with. Then when you renew your clearance it costs from 1-2 million. TSgt Bullware was the guy who did all the clearances at Barksdale for the 2nd Communications Squadron and I got this information directly from him. So sir, you are WRONG! I believe there are this many people with clearances that high and it is WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE! The only thing is I had a TS/SCI but when you sit in meetings, if you don't have a "need to know" you get kicked out. I shadowed my Commander once in 1999 and heard about AirStrikes in Kabul, Kosovo, etc that were never mentioned on National Television! So trust me, we do a lot of bad # in the world. I can see why the Muslim Nation hates us "westerners" when all we do is try and take over there country. So you tell me, if a tank was rolling down your street pointing guns at your kids, wouldn't you be pissed off???

2001, 2003, 2005, 2006 , 6 month tours, Afghanistan 1, Iraq 3, Convoy Duty 2006, I got out in 2007, did 10 years from 1997-2007, Iraq Convoy changed my views and my life, thus I got out and now I fight against our "kids" going into the military. How the hell are they going to learn unless people like me tell them the "reality" of the military.

I hope you have fun trying to come on here and spit "diss-information" because from my experiences I praise the Washington Post for standing up.

TSgt United States Air Force Honorably Discharged, now fighting the war against Terrorist America, Veteran Long live the REAL Americans!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm hearing the figure around 800,000 with Top Security clearance in this gaggle.

That's about the number on the "terror watch list".

Only takes one with a Jesus Inc. complex and a cause to mess up the whole works.

Just the sheer size and weight of this many morons with a badge is bound to be trouble -- and as one poster said; "A million or more to investigate someone for clearance." So that would be about $800000000000000 a year for security clearance? OK, that can't be right.

Anyway, it would be better spent making solar panels.

The Methane Release of trapped gases in permafrosts and crystalized in the oceans is about the biggest threat we face -- the Arctic shelf is warming faster than anywhere else in the globe.

We are spending time and energy on the wrong problem with the wrong people at the wrong time and all these flunkies are wasting time.

The LEADERS that could be rising to the greatest threat we've ever had, do not have the skills to identify it, the backbone to support it, and the integrity to do much more than line their own pockets.

The best and the brightest had to leave science and engineering to wash cars and file forms so that some Capitalist could shove more steak and profit down their gullet and preach to the masses about "personal responsibility" as they blow out more bilge from the omnipresent smoke stacks and pay shills to deny global warming.

And what is the biggest concern for the media and patriots? Illegal aliens in Arizona trying to get a job .

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
actually i heard those top secret dudes, spies included, do not make large amounts of money. The reason is they want people who want the job because of pride for the country, not for the money. Someone motivated by money may be willing to leak info to a "higher bidder". However this is a double edged sword if they don`t pay enough, because then the person may be persuaded to leak info because they actually NEED the money to survive. And todays society is all about... how does that commercial jingle go? "I want MORE! What are you waiting for?!" Yeah everybody wants MORE MORE MORE... so by creating this consumer driven society, they kinda bite themselves in the ass because those hi clearance guys have homes & families too and they want to b e able to feel like they are providing for their family AT LEAST as good as the next guy, after all they are human. But then, the guys with super hi clearance... there may not be much "human" left in them. Dick Cheney dont even have a pulse. How is that human? He`s like Darth Vader.... then we got the Pope/Lord Sith. Wtf is goin on here? LOL. dont forget Death Star Phobos!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Simply just awesome!! I agree with the poster above, how can that many people be counted on keeping secrets. Sadly this is the reallity we live in and more countries are following Uncle Sam's lead, ie: Canada, England, Australia. Hopefully exposing this rediculous waste of taxpayer's money will bring it all to a grinding halt. The US intelligence agencies couldn't get along, share, cooperate and coordinate efforts before 9/11, how do they expect to achieve harmony with this much bureaucracy!! All I can say is wow and good job Washington Post.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

854,000 Top Secret Clearances? How the hell can anything that needs to be secret be safe from our enemies? That is amazing. I cannot begin to imagine the cost. Let's see, those 854.000 employees alone, let's say make 100K annual on average (probably way way more) that would be 85,400,000,000 if my math is right?

You're way wrong on this assumption you have made. I work for the DoD and have a clearance as well. That number stated is probably correct, however, lets try not to get a running start before we jump to conclusions on this.

First, the assumption that "if you have a top secret clearance then you're in meetings all day being briefed on all the government secrets." This is wrong, wrong, wrong. Typically it's the building itself that has the security clearance. For instance, the location I work in has a security clearance. Now, every person that enters that building needs to have a security clearance that equals, or exceeds the clearance of the site. This means, receptionists, janitors, cooks, interns etc. They ALL, need the clearance. Add to that, if you're a government contractor (which most are) then their home office needs a clearance as well, which further adds to this number. So now all of the receptionists, administrative assistants, accountants etc. in that office needs it as well. So as you can see, the number of 845,000 people is bloated, but most of all, it's misleading because over 90% of those people need the clearance just to walk in the door to get to work, it DOES NOT mean that they are exposed to secret/top secret information.

This gentleman speaks the truth.

Also consider that a large portion of those 845+k people work for the military and are payed commensurate to their rank and not what office they hold.

And we indeed don't know "all the secrets"... a lot of information is considered "SCI"... Sensitive Compartmented Information... which means you know only what you need to know to complete your mission or task.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Roughly 56% of tax dollars go to Military Spending. Take a look here.

www.warresisters.org...

Hope this helps. I've done my research on our tax dollars, and trust me, it's not going to helping the earth, environment, or our way of living at all! Hopefully this information will piss some people off enough to take a stand against taxes. I'm starting a movement against "Voting in America" which doesn't mean crap, when we use Electoral Votes to vote in a President, and "Stop Paying Taxes" by having everyone write "Rangel Rule" on there taxes this next tax season and stop paying the government to waste our money!!! Without our money, the military will fall, or whatever they are REALLY using all that money for.

Also 264 Billion Annually goes to White Collar Crime. This is estimated, could be a lot more. Do some research on White Collar Crime in America, we usually just pay these people off and go on. Just like the FBI giving Van Der Sloot money. Where do you think this money came from??? Our tax dollars at work. And I wonder how many more people out there have been paid to keep their mouths shut in America and Abroad? Especially after 9/11. It's got to be a ridiculous amount.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuiltyByDesign

This gentleman speaks the truth.

Also consider that a large portion of those 845+k people work for the military and are payed commensurate to their rank and not what office they hold.

And we indeed don't know "all the secrets"... a lot of information is considered "SCI"... Sensitive Compartmented Information... which means you know only what you need to know to complete your mission or task.

Like I said, it could be different at different locations. I should correct my last statement. This could be all true, but in my experience, you didn't all have to have a Top Secret Clearance to enter a Top Secret Area of the base. We had people who were waiting on clearances for 2 years that didn't have a clearance and worked on Top Secret Material all the time. Then some of them wouldn't get a clearance and they would have to "retrain" into a different career field. Goes to show you that most of the time, you really don't need a clearance, just a need to know.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Sorry for my ramblings but I have but a bit of more information to let you all know about. I worked in a place where we had Government Contractors. They worked along side me. By the time I got out in 2007, 90% of my job was Government Contracted. When I came in only about 5% was contracted. Now take into account that I made about 12,000 dollars as an E-3 in 1998 and 1999. When I got out in 2007, I was a Technical Sergeant and made about 32,000 dollars that year. Now this doesn't include BAH (Basic Allowance for Housing) or BAS (Basic Allowance for Substance) that I Received along with money that was non-taxable while serving in a combat zone, seperation pay, combat zone pay, etc. This was my "Gross" income for 2006, $32,000. Now take a contractor in my same position. The government was paying them $150,000 a year for the same job I was doing. Now your going to tell me we are saving money by contracting these jobs out????? If you think that you are seriously mistaken. This is the main reason why all my friends/Co-workers got out and got the same job as a civilian at the same base in the same area making 3-4 times what they were making serving in our military. So the 56% we spend on Military doesn't go to our Military Soldiers, it goes to Government Contracted jobs, Secret Contracts, Etc. It's just really sad that we could be saving all that money if we would just pay our military personnel the money they deserve for putting their lives on the line. But then again I don't believe that we need to be at war either which is another story for another day.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Once again, streamlining modernism is better than this bureaucratic crap.

Why does the government feel that a crap ton of people doing nothing keeps us safe?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wiregrab
Simply just awesome!! I agree with the poster above, how can that many people be counted on keeping secrets. Sadly this is the reallity we live in and more countries are following Uncle Sam's lead, ie: Canada, England, Australia. Hopefully exposing this rediculous waste of taxpayer's money will bring it all to a grinding halt. The US intelligence agencies couldn't get along, share, cooperate and coordinate efforts before 9/11, how do they expect to achieve harmony with this much bureaucracy!! All I can say is wow and good job Washington Post.

You lightly touch upon a key point which should be stated as clearly as possible:

The US intelligence agencies did not detect the threat from within which caused 911 to happen. Or, they did detect it and were complicit in it. Which scenario is more likely to be true?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Truly fascism at its best. General Dynamics 10x'ed their revenue in three years! All on the taxpayer dime.

This is completely horrendous. What a waste of taxpayer money. These companies sound like used car salesmen or dui lawyers. I mean really, your whole goal is to convince the DoD that you're not overhead?

This also shows how truly deep the Government's claws dig into the economy. They keep all these companies afloat! Without government contacts most of these companies wouldn't even exist! How much money could the government save by doing this all in-house I wonder.

Everyone should actually read the article. The tidbit below really pinpoints this for what it is...unadulterated facism.

"Overhead," Meiners told them - that's what's going to get cut first. Overhead used to mean paper clips and toner. Now it's information technology, IT, the very products and services sold by the business people in the audience.

"You should describe what you do as a weapons system, not overhead," Meiners instructed. "Overhead to them - I'm giving you the secret sauce here- is IT and people. . . . You have to foot-stomp hard that this is a war-fighting system that's helping save people's lives every day."

The government has consumed what used to be an innovative market for cars, televisions, space travel, etc. Now the government is funding all new technology and as a result they're getting first dibs. No wonder civilian technology is so slow growing! I guess we've all known that for a while, but this article truly shows why.

This article also shows how deep the unification of government and corporate interest has gotten. Pathetic that even the Secretary of Defense thinks so.

Anyone who still thinks the government operates for the best interest of the people is a hopeless case.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by dbloch7986]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

Neither one.

Every day we see numerous threats or hear rumblings of others. Thousands of them. Trying to piece together what is or is not happening can be a nightmare.

9/11 was a major mistake, all of us in the intel community admit that. We didn't flinch when we should have, and it took us too long to put everything in place to see what was coming. Every step taken since that day has been to ensure something like that does not happen again... but I fear that it will. There is just too much chatter around the world to deter every plan or attack out there.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by activeSeven

I'd be interested to know what the total cost of the back ground investigations are for that number of clearances. The last number I heard was about $50k each.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gunaire

An initial Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) cost about $150,000 between 2000 and 2004. No clue if the price has fluctuated substantially since then.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
With these numbers in mind, I can't help but wonder:

Who authorized their formation?

Who authorized their budgets?

Who hired all the people who do the work?

How much do the get paid?

If we knew the answers to these questions, maybe we could figure out how we can to lower the deficet and pay long term unemployment benefits.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

Another piece of the AGI Manhattan Project, and they didn't even mention the under takings of DARPA, NASA, NIST or the NSF.

It was embarrassing seeing how OReily and Fox & Friends were trying to poopoo it. Oh man how pathetic. Perhaps the most pathetic spin doctoring I've ever witnessed.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
'National Security' is just a lie to loot the treasury.

And OMG what looting they are doing.

Further it is in all these corporate parasite's interest to fabricate threats that don't exist.

Privatization means hijacking the US government for criminal, globalist corporations.

Any true patriot would put an end to this treasury looting crap in VERY short order.

But we don't have too many patriots anymore.
But we do have traitors in military uniforms & in political power.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Also to add to this, I just found out that WP will be releasing an hour documentary on their journey of 2 years into finding all this information. I think it'll be interesting how MSM had to get into these so called Secret areas to obtain such information.

I think they said in October they will show the video!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join