It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Strains of Flu Could Soon be a Memory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

All Strains of Flu Could Soon be a Memory

In short order every few years a new flu strain evolves that many say threatens to disrupt civilization as we know it. With super bug fears rising every year, some say the next superbug could be the one that finally mimics the Spanish flu and kills millions. Of course these diseases are often seen as nothing more than an inconvenience. But fear them or merely dislike them, a new vaccine may soon be available that removes the flu from our lives forever. The logic of the vaccine is as follows: there are two largely recognizable parts of a flu virus, the head and the stem. In using an analogy comparing the flu virus to an ice-cream cone we can discover how the vaccine works. The head of the virus is similar to the ice cream contained in the cone. The flavors or genetic variations of the virus change from one generation to the next, making it difficult to predict what will be coming next. Meanwhile, despite the flavors of virus being different the cone is always the same, and rarely changes. This new vaccine will target the thing that makes all flu viruses similar by making the body produce antibodies that fight specifically against it.

Source

My Comments
I think its great that we may be finally able to cure flu for good but i dont think anything like that is ever fully curable. Stuff like flu,cancer are just a form of keeping the worlds population stable.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

You said something that triggered a thought.

If the vaccine works against "ALL" viruses, then it may be effective against HIV? HPV? Maybe even other viruses that are loosely associated with Cancers?

This could be a larger breakthrough than just curing the seasonal flu!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I could be wrong, but I think viruses like the flu could be good for us and play a role in evolution. Some viruses can actually alter DNA.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Hmm if it could do that then it would be a massive breakthrough, I'm now eager to hear more about this.

Thanks for that.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

You said something that triggered a thought.

If the vaccine works against "ALL" viruses, then it may be effective against HIV? HPV? Maybe even other viruses that are loosely associated with Cancers?

This could be a larger breakthrough than just curing the seasonal flu!

Well there is no virus that is associated with Cancer, as being either cancer causing or anything like that. Cancer and virus' are two very different things.

As far as vaccinations working for HIV, well they created HIV in a lab for population control that went horribly wrong IMO and so no, they'll never cure that one.

Also I'm VERY speptical of ANY new vaccines of any kind these days, as we know with all products the first ones to come out are test market samples.

I need at least 15 years of research that's well documented, peer reviewed and where results can be mimicked before I will trust it.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

What about HPV?
That is a virus known to cause cervical cancer..

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
i will not be letting any neddles next to me till after they have tested it on other people for 10-15+ years. i dont trust the goverment!

before my mother was born they gave my grandmother a vaccine to help davelopment of my mothers liver when she was in the womb. It had major side affects and about 90% woman who had this shot when they had daughters they were born sterile. my mom was the lucky 10% other wise i would not be here now.

Scary stuff! my GF got the HPV vaccine just a few months before we got togeather and im scared it will make her steril. They dont know the long term side affects. This is a pure test vaccuine that they are giving to little girls!

Sorry im kinda wondering off topic but it has relivence to the OP.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by camaro68ss]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

HPV is directly asociated with Cervical Cancer.

There is a lot of active research connecting many cancers to virus exposure. Cancer is primarily an abnormal growth without a clear cause, where a cell grows out of control of its own normal mechanisms. Since viruses attack a cells control center and cause it to do things it wasn't intended for, there is a logical correlation between cancer and virus influence.

Besides...I said "loosely" associated.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
First: I wil get vaccinated ANYMORE!
Second this sounds more like forced mass vaccination
Third: There is no HIV Virus at all!
Show me one PHOTO of it, then i would change my view. (This is needed to be proofed as real disease in the view of UN)
They just show us animations or photoshopped pics of it!
But as AIDS is just an conglomerate of 30-40 SYMPTOMS from so much different diseases and these very symptoms are the side effects of the medication you get when you are HiV diagnosted....
The "infected" people first start to feel bad because of negative placebo effect and the medication... Why do you think do so much africans refuse to take the medicines? He?
Also think about: When you make a HIV Test they search for an increased level of helper T-cells that even occur, when you got a simple cold. Now if you have this level you and make a test o HIV you are tested positive!
BS!

Think about!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Actually Royal Rife did research in the 30's that showed cancer is a virus, depending on when in the viral lifecycle you get infected decides what cancer you get. Modern research is starting to open it's eyes to the fact that at least some forms of cancer can be caused by a variety of viruses.

Royal Rife Talks about the Cancer Virus

As far as treatment goes, there is a company StressGen Biotechnical Corp (they had been bought out but it looks like they were sold or spun off again) that developed 100% effective treatments for crevical Cancer.

Their approach was similar to what the OP is referring to...they 'taught' the body's own immune system to ignore the fact that cancer cells are 98ish% identical to regular cells and instead focus on the protien coding that made up the other 2% (the immune system usually does the opposite, it focuses on the part that is like a normal cell and therefore ignores the fact that the cell is cancerous).

Their approach means that any cancer can potentially be cured just by identifying the unique protiens on the outer cell wall and 'teaching' the normal immune system to see that protien as bad.

Surprise surprise, since they made headlines for their work on cervical cancer almost 10 yrs ago there hasn't been a word about them.

join