It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A REAL bi-partisan issue: The Assassination of American Citizens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Rule of LAW.

There is no difference between a citizen or a non citizen. The only time the use of lethal force is in WAR.

We cannot take this lightly. We cannot fall for the slippery slope arguments.

I am all about the defense of THIS nation. What legal authority do we have as a nation to exert our will in another sovereign country? Even if the government of the country asks us to do something, where does the authority come from?

These excuses have been used to implement authoritarian regimes in other countries, for the benefit of the elite power structures in our own country.

You have to ask yourself this, if you allow this in the Macro (worldwide), why not in the macro (national).

That is where cognitive dissonance happens.

One must be of one mind, of one attitude, of one LAW. You cannot give the excuse that it could save lives. You are causing the very thing the terrorists want, tyranny against our own selves.

If one is to give up freedom for a little security, we deserve neither, and will get neither.

Every human deserves a trial by a jury of their peers. Otherwise their is tyranny. Period.

edit on 26-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Or non citizen for that matter.

When the Constitution was written, it was not speaking of only citizens, it spoke of man.

The rights of man, not citizens.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

salt i have a great deal of respect for you and we do agree on a great majority of whats going on in this country and this world however.

they are using that rule of law against us they are imposing their own morality their own rules their own laws on to us.

and you are right my friend i do consider you as one and we definitely cannot take this lightly.

and i am as well all about defense of this country its people and its ideals. the legal authority doesnt exist but the moral authority does exist and the natural law exists the strong will always conquer the weak.

i do not in anyway seek to diminish that constitution for without it we are nothing however with it we are constantly being slaughtered i want to live by it just as much as you do or any other person does but there are people that exist that seek to destroy this country and they are succeeding.

i wasnt trying to legimatize the methods being used but if someone can tell me another way to protect defend this nation and its people and its ideals im all for it.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well, I prefer the shock and awe campaign when in regards to terrorism. Do not mess around in their country, but if some freakazoid pulls something, we level an area of 50 square miles with the Top Secret nuke strength weapons we have. They are not nuclear but they blow the MOAB away in strength. Drop about 100 of them around the area that the people come from.

Oh no, I am all about national defense, it is the international component I do not like. Time to pull back to defensible perimeter. Just as folks here in the states are beginning to despise the LEO's so too is the world with our intervention.

It is pretty much the same thing in the micro and the macro.

We here in the US, that are Libertarian leaning, believe we should be allowed freedom to make our own choices and our own mistakes, HOW is that different than other countries. They may feel they want to try their own form of governance. Yes, they may fail, they may suffer, but they may succeed.

Who do we think we are?

We can only be a beacon of freedom. Hell, we have our own tyrants to take care of now, in my opinion.

edit on 26-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

we are damned if we do and damn if we dont it reminds me of that isolationist stance that america has taken so often in the past.

these are darkest times in this nations history the rise of islamic fundamentalism, the rise of china, the clear and present danger of our governmental interference in every americans lives and its own stupidity of spending and borrowing that are leading to its destruction.

pull back from the world and we invite and japan just like we invited 9-11 and the next one comming and they are are coming whether it be a group of individuals,social and economic unrest and there is nothing anyone in this country can do nothing at all.

those are the ties that bond us together there clearly needs something be done but we will never be able to agree.

the rest of the world arms and we disarm theres not been one new nuclear weapon built since the reagan era the clear disarming of this nations military and its economic inftrastructure under the guise of globalization we are global citizens- bah!! i say i want to be what i am what i have always been just an american living in america living the best way i know how to i just want to be left alone like anyone else but no one will let me.

i dont want anyone to tell me what to and i dont want to tell anyone what they should be doing or how much they can have or how much they can make..............dammit just let me alone let me have my constitutional right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. dammit why is that just so hard to do these days.

leave me alone and i will do the same...........just let me be.

edit on 26-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join