It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A REAL bi-partisan issue: The Assassination of American Citizens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I believe political assassinations are useless. But tactical assassinations are useful from a strictly military standpoint. There's a reason American Patriots shot the officers during the revolutionary war, and mounted Americas first Special Ops to kidnap and kill generals.

The man being targeted today, among others, are criminals at best. We prosecute criminals in this country we don't assassinate them.

Of course, I believe the distinction should be made.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I believe political assassinations are useless. But tactical assassinations are useful from a strictly military standpoint. There's a reason American Patriots shot the officers during the revolutionary war, and mounted Americas first Special Ops to kidnap and kill generals.

Assassination defined:

1. To murder(a prominent person) by surprise attack, as for political reasons.

2. To destroy or injure treacherously: assassinate a rival's character.

I do not believe military strategies should be confused with the general usage of the term assassination. I agree that the strategy of targeting officers in a war is a sound one, and as a soldier or officer during wartime, I would indeed aim for officers in the elimination of the enemy, but to confuse that with the word assassination, and particularly how the current administration is using the word is imprudent.

The so called "war on terror" is a euphemism for government expansion and the demonizing of the American people, just as the so called "war on drugs" is. These euphemistic "wars" are not wars in any military sense, and are illegal usurpation's of government. It is important in this modern age of common double speak for the truth seekers, (that would be you) to ensure that words are kept clear and concise in their meanings. Let the military strategy of killing the enemy remain a legal form of killing, and the treachery of assassination remain what it is, murder. War time killing is not murder, it is a violent response to a dangerous enemy, and killing is done in the name of self defense. Assassinations are not done in the name of self defense, and are rightfully defined as murder.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

If those of you who voted for this prick dont see the mistake you made now, I dont think you ever will, and for that, we are all getting screwed over by your naivety and ignorance.

Why because we'd all be so much better with McCain and Palin in office?

If you don't see that they are all are a part of the same game by now maybe you are still locked in the "sides" illusion without realizing it and shouldn't be name-calling because people didn't vote the way you wanted them to.

Obama picked up where Bush left off. He rolls with the sentiments of the invasive Patriot act, the continuous/erroneous wars, the bail-outs, and nothing has really changed. If you think the Repub duo would have done something radically different you are in denial.

People have always voted with the honest hope that things will get better under their candidate.
Still there are people who voted for Clinton or Bush and were ultimately dissatisfied with their behavior while in office.
It not unusual for a President to occasionally act in a way that upsets those that put him in office. It should be expected.

The mistake isn't even in the voting, none of the politicians are heroes, the mistake is that we only have the same people to choose from every time. The game-plan thus continues so that no matter who is in office, we are still being put through the same program.

Face facts.
We were getting "screwed" well before Obama came into office for his first term.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
The legality of assassination should be challenged on any level. It is no more acceptable to assassinate non American citizens than it is acceptable to assassinate American citizens. The single greatest problem with authorizing assassinations, in any form, is that it opens the door for the assassination of American citizens regardless, and most certainly opens the door for the assassination of U.S. officials.

I absolutely agree and well said.

With John McCain and Joe Lieberman already working to STRIP Americans of their rights AND citizenship if merely suspected of terrorism or designated an "Unprivileged Enemy Belligerent", assassination doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.

Especially if you are categorized as a non-citizen terrorist threat to America.

Like other accused foreigners at GTMO that the Bush administration stated weren't going to get the protections of the Geneva Conventions, you can end up boxed somewhere outside the U.S. with no trial date set or forthcoming.

Indefinitely detained without a trial or simply assassinated.

That is where we are headed these days.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Questioning all candidates for office would be the logical thing to...oh, right, there are tazers to prevent that now...

Darn Constitution, confusing the tyranny that is the U.S. today.

For me, once that student was tazed for asking real questions (remember, "don't taze me, dude" guy? The responsible citizen asking tough questions?) it was definitely over. He was made to apologize as part of his "guilty" plea. Welcome to the Fourth Reich. The Nazis also started in colleges and universities to build their social infrastructure. Germans didn't just elect Hitler out of nowhere, and believe him fanatically, but were conditioned with curriculum and carefully-placed teachers and professors. Any that didn't teach the Nazi's revised histories and social studies were "removed" from their positions, and after several classes were graduated from college and ready to enter the real world, it was the Nazi party that gave them jobs and more brainwashing, which lined up with their education perfectly. None of them realized that their entire society's most enthusiastic and talented young professionals were Nazis already by the time they graduated, by virtue of the education they had just received.

There is an excellent book that outlined much of this long social infrastructure manipulation. It's called "The Nazi Doctors," and I don't doubt that many ATSers have already become familiar with it. Those who haven't should steel themselves mentally and read it. It reads like a book of prophecy for what is happening in the US right now and for decades already, especially, in my opinion, at Arizona State and at Columbia University. Eugenics and New Age religion.

It's all academic to me at this point. Logic is the greatest enemy of tyranny, so it has to be shut down and kept down, and that is what we are realizing now. It has been and all dissent is now being publicly put on notice, whether we realize it or not.

All the avenues for redress were sealed off to us a long time ago. What we see now is simply the rational consequential domino effect. When we try to use what we have, we realize yet again that we've been shown clearly what will happen to us.

I think this is the reason for the limited responses here. What can one say at this point? Any enemies of free speech and an open society are surely rejoicing right now, since defense of freedom and our open society are the very things our authority has rested on since we started out as a nation.

Without them, we are just another large country that could probably do more, in the eyes of the world. All our credibility is at stake here, and what can we do?
We can't vote for candidates that can't run.
We can't question and expose the pathetic excuses for candidates that we often have.
We can't stop our children, old folks, or anyone else from being tazed no matter what the situation, apparently, and it's happening faster and faster, it seems.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The killing of criminals in the US has happened before.

"Wanted dead or alive" was the term used in the past.

These ppl were hunted down and killed like dogs in the street.

They were bad ppl and we were pretty sure they were guilty.

It was likely the wrong thing to do but it was how it was in the past.

As for this jihadist I think he should get a trial and we should
chart a new course.

As for letting in more radical muslims into the US how about
it ends right now and stays that way.

How about all the current ones get a psych eval with brainwave
science device to see if they truly are prone to violence or
supporting it.

www.brainwavescience.com...

This device is admissible in court, much more accurate than
lie detectors, and has freed innocent men from prison.

If they are stealth agents of terrorism but have commited no crime
then revoke their green card, visa and send them home.

How about no more islamic military officers blowing away
their fellow soldiers.

Do we need 700+ bases in 130+ countries if we can grow our
own oil right here via vertical hydroponics and algae in the desert ?

How many more trillions of not so hidden costs for that oil ?

How about we use some common sense on all levels ?

Members of the FBI shredded documents that showed that a
professor in florida was funding hamas and hizbollah.

He covered for his man.

This has to stop. The enemy within has to at a minimum go home.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

That was cute.

Eventhough I am not a republican.

It is what it is, if you cant admit your failure of electing a fraud, than I dont know what to tell you.

It seems I hit a chord with you?

I didnt vote for Bush, and I didnt vote for Obama.

You can also talk about the "what ifs" if McCain got elected, but you really cant say he would be worse or better now can you? You can just sit there and realize that maybe you got too big of a dose of the kool-Aid.

I think maybe next time around, people would use their brains instead of their hearts when it comes to electing the leaders of our country.

Oh yea- edit to add one more thing-

The whole (both sides of the coin are the same[dems and repubs]) is correct.
I wont disagree with you there.

Thats why Iam a Non Partisan. The ONLY side that I take is the side with the best solution. I dont vote a certain way because a party tells me to vote that way. I vote according to whom I believe is the right person for the right job.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka

Originally posted by StarrGazer25
reply to post by ZuluChaka

Ummmm hello?!!?! Maybe the guy aided the terriorist because he had to?? In fear of his life?! That doesnt give anyone the right to kill him for it! We dont know the whole story, and Whatever happened to killing the terriorist themselves? and not people who are probably doing whatever they have too to keep their own butts alive?

Dude if I ever get addicted to drugs can I hang out with you? You are the best enabler ever.

Ok so the guy is aiding the enemy and it is wrong to kill him? It is not wrong to kill him. It is wrong for the government to target him without due process, ONLY because he is an American citizen.

Just look at the guy, does he look like he is being forced to be a terrorist. No. He looks excited to be a terrorist.

When was he found guilty of being a "terrorist"? Show me the evidence that has you convinced a man should die, and that he aided the enemy..

Would you consider doing business with the Talibans gun dealer as "aiding the enemy?"..

..because the US govt does billions in business with the Chinese.. who in-turn fly all manor of nasty US troop killing goodies straight from the factory floor, to the waiting arms of the eager to kill American Taliban. Seems like China has it's own "Charlie Wilson" too, some Chinese guy with empathy for Afghan kids maimed by invaders who is supplying his "freedom fighters" with HN-5 anti-aircraft missiles.

"New intelligence reveals China is covertly supplying large quantities of small arms and weapons to insurgents in Iraq and the Taliban.. " and that "Chinese-made HN-5 anti-aircraft missiles were being used by the Taliban."

www.washingtontimes.com...

So the ones complicit in millions $ worth of business with an "enemy" supporter, get to define "aiding the enemy" in some twisted contortion of logic that ignores their role, AND allows them to summarily kill those they point at and declare "guilty under penalty of death!".

Who would be more proud of this: The founding fathers? or Hitlers nazi party?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

"Who would be more proud of this: The founding fathers? or Hitlers nazi party? "

Apparently Hitler's nazi party as the bush family was funneling money
to support him.

The Bush nazi link

Going back thru the past you will find these corrupt families funding
both sides of most wars and gettign rich off the dead.

We keep electing these demons that piss on the graves of our dead kids.

Maybe some day we will collectively pull our heads out of our backsides.

But I really doubt that.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

"We" are not electing anybody so long as we let the media does the thinking for us. "We" are not free or participate in democracy when we vote, because when we vote, we often vote for the candidate that promises to drop the most crumbs.

It's the reason we are here today..We hear the word terrorist and the last ten years rushes back to our frontal lobes and we wind up giving up more freedom for protection..

The only protection I need is the kind I provide for myself. Everything else is an oft chance and left to fate to master. Americans have become the biggest bunch of pussies I have ever seen. Allowing so much fear to replace so much freedom...

Pathetic really...

Are we enjoying the cross-hairs America?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

You are correct and I stand corrected.

It is interesting, however, to see how much language has remained the same while the meaning has been truncated beyond original intent.

Like the word "Regulate"...It used to mean to "make work in a regular and consistent fashion" now it means "absolute rule over any industry"..

Edit to add~

OT:
I thought I was a pretty knowledgeable guy when it came to Constitutional issues. And I still think I am. But you, my friend, are one hell of a teacher. I ALWAYS appreciate your input. I hope you stick around ATS for a good long time.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The Obama Administration is now defending the assassination program against Americans

I'm SOOO tired of Obama. I can't believe I used to support this jerk.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I believe this thread is ridicules,..
Seriously, the American people allowing random murders and or the American people targeted??
what a joke ,.. and such a waste of time for me to even post this,.
Unfortunately so much of this junk is put up here just to get some kind of notice,.. well here you are
The main populace wouldn't stand for this kind of action
And would shut it down..

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

It's happening man. Read the post above.

I know you didn't bother to read the thread or watch any of the videos, but maybe the article above wouldn't be too much of an effort would it?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

OK,.. I read the post and seen the vid,
However with all the stuff that gets posted on this site( and I do like the entertainment)
Most of it is Bull,.. and never turns up any real life credibility,..
You cannot tell me this is going to become a common occurrence,..
THAT is what call bluff

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I can and will tell you that it will become common occurrence.

I refer you to this post

Search ATS or google for the references I've made. I don't post BUNK. We have due process in this country. And now Obama and future presidents will be judge, jury, and executioner.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Sorry man,.. If that day actually come and the american people accept it I will buy you 10 cases of beer..

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

If the government lets you buy beer by that point.

But that's the point isn't it? Why run the RISK of allowing this or any other president to kill Americans without due process of the law? Who the F gave this guy that power?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

That is the argument I bring,
Here on ATS the info is not Global unless you are the ones on here or in the area printing the news. MSM is not going to speak of this kind of info with any kind of seriousness.
Nor would local media,..
If this kind of abuse of power reached the main stream eye's and ears with validity, the civil unrest would begin,..
Also unless the soldier not of US is used in the US,.. morals would be the deciding factor for choice of containment of an unlawful ruling.
I still say this won't fly

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Seems to be flying just fine for our Muslim friend from New Mexico. Is he a terrorist? A Criminal? Perhaps, but without a day in court and actual evidence to prove this man's guilt then it is just murder. Mind you according to the former Director of National Intelligence, there are "dozens" of people on this list.

I'm sure that list will grow exponentially. just like the terror watchlist that prevented 8 year old kids from boarding airplanes did.

Innocent Americans always get caught up in the dragnet when one is allowed to be used. This is why we have due process.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join