It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing Web Sites/Data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
There are a couple threads at the moment about blog sites being shut down and files being deleted from YouTube accounts. Over the weekend I was randomly surfing the web looking for info on some of my favorite topics and noticed that there seems to be alot more dead links or 'page not found' hits then usual.

I've noticed this here on ATS as well lately with linked videos and sites no longer available, sometimes even when the thread is only a couple days old. I'm curious if anyone else is noticing this?

The first thread I linked discusses how the blog site wasn't paying enough attention to some of the activity that was going on, which I can understand. My question though is it true? OR, is this just the public excuse to get rid of hosts that provide a haven for the type of information unavailable through the MSM?

Some of the pages I tried to access this weekend were only a couple days old and were already gone. Youtube accounts for people who were great advocates for the truth have been deleted. The only thing illegal or questionable about the information I was searching is that it questioned or reported on the government.

Sites dealing with alternative history and archeology gone, Space cover-ups or evidence of a bigger story also gone.

As a someone who works in IT I fully understand the 'natural' processes that lead to some things being dropped, but it seems recently that alot of the resources that WE use are being deleted. We know for a fact that we are monitored here at ATS, my question is are we (and others like us) being exploited as a guide to sources for information that TPTB want to get rid of?

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Here are my thoughts.

In the old days you would see an article about a new government function and then it would take several years to build.

These days the MSM notice seems to be "Hey guys, we built and tested it already and now we are going to execute". The example that comes to mind are the piracy task force and the instant attack on p2p sites. Note, this is a whole other issue in itself but I realize that Hollywood is run by the Zionist community which also happens to issue all commands to the US these days.

We were given notice when Obama did his dance about cyber-security and the follow-up about a kill switch.

In the 50's the government built dams for water. The internet is the new millennia flow that is being stopped by the same government.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Time will tell. Hopefully your post won't get disappeared too, before anyone can add more information here. Good luck and I'll be paying attention to this.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

We were given notice when Obama did his dance about cyber-security and the follow-up about a kill switch.

That's it exactly.

It may just be a coincidence (they do happen) that the sites I came across this weekend were all down, but it seems odd none-the-less.

I'm a big believer that a majority of things that are admitted to us are 'old news'; stories are released today setting the stage for what is actually going on so we won't be that surprised by next years revelation about what they were really doing today.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Can you post some examples of things that went missing?

Quite often, it turns out videos are copyright, and while annoying, it's legitimate for the owners to have them removed.

Whole sites disappearing though is a bit more unusual to me, I'd be interested to see some examples.

[edit on 19/7/2010 by harpsounds]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds
Can you post some examples of things that went missing?

Quite often, it turns out videos are copyright, and while annoying, it's legitimate for the owners to have them removed.

Easier asked then provided sadly. I backed up this computer yesterday and the first task was basic maintenance (clearing out all the temp files and search histories are the first step).

The one that stands out for Youtube was a post for uneditted NASA recordings. There were several segments that contained links to another poster who had posted the larger files last week except his account was deleted.

The link that motivated me to create this post was another from ATS regarding The Black Knight satellite...there was a HAM operator that had posted links to information collected by enthusiasts regarding transmissions that had been received (I've been surfing ATS all day looking for info for a post I'm working on...there are ALOT of links to search).

There was another ATS thread started Friday that when I looked at it Sunday (no idea at all what the thread was) evey link that had been provided came up as 'deleted'. Usually there is an explanation to say why it is not available, these however were just gone.

ETA

Here's the post from the HAM operator on The Black Knight thread...his link is dead (although Arrl.org still exists).

[edit on 19-7-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

I had a poke around on that ARRL site, and it appears they changed the site around a lot, some point in 2008, their news/features only seem to go back to May 2008. Sadly that happens a lot where links get stale or sites get changed, and the link you wanted;

www.arrl.org...

Includes a date of 2007 in the URL

However, using the magic of The Wayback Machine

I was able to find the article:

Page Backup

EDIT: ATS won't accept the weird link format, so either follow the tinyurl, or just use The Wayback Machine yourself by pasting in the arrl URL into their search box.

[edit on 19/7/2010 by harpsounds]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
ARRL put much of it's material into it's member site.

They used to have a fairly decent section on radio interference noises and the sources. Well, it's gone from public usage. Around a year ago or so for this part of their site. I used to be a member of the organization, but we had differences.

As for 'other' stuff. I'm finding many books that used to be readily available on e-mule just gone. I know it's file sharing, but some of these books are somewhat hard to find. These books, in general, were technical in nature. Copyright material didn't really figure into this equation.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
So glad you posted. I mentioned this earlier this week and got no replies.
I can't believe the number of pages I can't access now ! Sure at first it was the dang newspapers trying to get me to pay or sign in or whatever. Now it is all over ! It is bad enough the search engines are so skewed, but then the pages are inaccessible ! ARGH !

Eh, we knew it would happen. Still it is frustrating for us researchers !
Love to you.
PS Speaking of radio, I can't pick it up where I live now ! Interference ! Wonder how many are getting that?

new topics

top topics

join