It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Confident BP's Oil Well Cap Is Working

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Feds Confident BP's Oil Well Cap Is Working

www.foxnews.com

Obama Spill Chief: BP Oil Well Leaking, Not Major Concern

Published July 19, 2010
| Associated Press

Print Email Share Comments (0) Text Size
WASHINGTON -- Oil is leaking from the cap on BP's ruptured oil well, but federal officials intend to leave it in place for now.

Retired Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen says Monday afternoon that the leaks are so far not a major concern.

He also says seepage about two miles away is likely not related to the ruptured well.

xxxxxxxxx
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 7/20/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So now we know why the feeds have been going down. "Nothing to see here, people."
The story is not that the cap is leaking, but that Allen says it's no big deal. As I said several weeks ago, once the well was capped, the government and BP would assert that the leaks from the fissures in the sea floor were unrelated to the well, and this is the beginning of that campaign.
The government would have you beleive that it's just one hell of a coincidence, and is thereby off the hook for the subsequent damage/disaster that is to follow.
This is also a sign that the government is washing it's hands of the issue and hinting that little else can be done.
Again, this is the beginning of the campaign for the government to absolve itself of all subsequent damage from this event. Perhaps they don't want to be at blame for having to evacuate you.

www.foxnews.com

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 7/20/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

I'd love to see how these leaks and "seepage" are unrelated. We just have oil and methane bubbling up from the seafloor only a few miles from the worst oil disaster in the country's history but of course its entirely unrelated to it. That is like saying the flooding on the Titanic was unrelated to the iceberg....

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Star for you my friend.
Your assessment mirrors exactly what I was telling my girlfriend after watching Thad talk/lie.

My problem is, I don't see how ANYONE could be buying the lie.

"If there was a leak in the well we would be taking immediate action."

Yet from what I'm seeing there is a definite chance for a leak in the well, yet no action, it's like they're waiting for something the way they keep taking this day by day.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by ThirdJohnAdams]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well, geee people if the government says there's nothing to worry about, well, I've just got to believe them.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf
Government Claims Leaks in Sea Floor Unrelated

LMAO...I realize I just shot you but THAT is not the bullet I put in you. It is unrelated.

So we have the classic "not my problem" and no one will deal with it.

Gotta love corporate tactics.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
You do know that natural seeps actually exist though right?

Oil used to seep out of the ground in Pennsylvania in the early days when there was a lot of oil in the ground.

Exact same principle only with the sea floor. We are talking about one confirmed seep here, and it is a long distance from the well.

If it was right near the well I'd say that is a big coincidence that needs to be looked into, as it would suggest the oil is pushing its way up along side the well's casing.

If there is going to be seafloor ruptures of oil, they are going to happen at the well before anywhere else. Not one random one 3 kilometers away, which at face value probably means a natural seep.

but of course probably isn't conclusive and of course there needs to be more analysis done to totally confirm it is only natural. Hopefully they are doing/have done this

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Unrelated...
Hum, of course its unrelated, how was a lil' oil seepage nearby the largest leak on mankind history be related to the leak itself...
Now, I must have sounded really dumb here...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf

Government Claims Leaks in Sea Floor Unrelated

www.foxnews.com

Obama Spill Chief: BP Oil Well Leaking, Not Major Concern

Published July 19, 2010
| Associated Press

Print Email Share Comments (0) Text Size
WASHINGTON -- Oil is leaking from the cap on BP's ruptured oil well, but federal officials intend to leave it in place for now.

Retired Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen says Monday afternoon that the leaks are so far not a major concern.

He also says seepage about two miles away is likely not related to the ruptured well.

xxxxxxxxx

and these people were in charge of regulating the well permits, seeing that safety procedures were complied with...hell the gov't was asleep at the wheel before...and now they are the optimal word on leaks...

why wasn't an intensive mapping of the whole seabed performed prior to selling permits & leases?

these guys are garbage... in fact overpaid garbage with too much status...
Allowed to be such>>> first with the Bush Cheney abortion then followed by the 'change bafoon holding the office of the president Øbama

~~~~~~~

i posted this obvious tactic on another thread, where BP & other fools are engaged in obfuscating the nature of identifying the 3 (or more) 'leaks' and trying to blurr the public knowledge with a deliberate confusing of just what is a well leak and what is not...
just a bunch of lawyer bs talk, to confound & compound the certain elements of this whole Macando Formation blow-out

[edit on 19-7-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Very aware that oil and methane seep naturally. However, if the seepage is, as reported on the order of 120,000 barrels per day, this is not a natural occurance. It's the difference between a geyser and a volcano. When oil naturally escapes the sea floor, it filters through sediment that has been fully permeated with the substance and is slow and negligible. A release on this magnitude is the result of an open fissure...a direct channel. A release like the one reported by the Thomas Jefferson calls into question the integrity of the sea floor.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Yes absolutely most definitely. 120,000 barrels a day is an unfathomable monster..

I realize Matt Simmons has stated this, and I truly respect Matt and his outstanding work in his book Twilight In The Desert.

But I'm not going to blindly accept and follow his statement on this. I also understand that he says he has received his information from a scientist that was operating from the NOAA that supposedly found and confirmed the 120,000 barrel a day leak miles from the wellbore.

But I have not seen any evidence that it exists, I need more than just Matt saying it's there. At the same time I don't expect BP or the Government to announce their findings of a massive leak either.

So I guess, like always, we are kept in the dark and thrown two completely opposite stories. In this case two stories that are on the absolute opposite sides of the spectrum to each other.

I'm not going get suckered into another ATS paranoid frenzy that an ensuing mega catastrophe is about to engulf the world and kill millions....

Remember how convinced ATS was that Swine Flu was it? The harbinger of death and destruction and martial law and military checkpoints and forced inoculations.....

Please believe me that I am not flaming your thread and in no way am I trying to drag your thread down to the "sine flu" lows that ATS found itself in.

I have actually had my own suspicions the BP could in fact be willing and even trying to rupture the seafloor and then blame in on the US government for X reason etc etc... Just a wild idea I know.

I guess I just don't want to take it for Gospel that the seafloor is inevitably about to go KABOOM or about to cave in on itself or that there is a mega-oil-volcano miles away being kept hidden. I hope your theory is very very wrong....

Lots of inconclusive facts emerging from BP and the media so we can't be blamed for being questionable!

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
NO, they don't say that at all.

The government is saying it is leaking from the cap and that there are other anomolies and another leak that isn't "significant."

Not that it isn't RELATED.

The headline on this is a blatant lie.

The only "officials" saying this are BP's people.

Egregious spin doctoring from BP and their minions. They have no shame.

[edit on 2010/7/19 by Aeons]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Interesting article from James Howard Kunstler talking about BP shares drop and "What if Simmons is right?"

kunstler.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The way this stuff just keeps unfolding, makes me really wonder if this was all pre-planned. Because wouldn't many tests and studies have been done in the area before drilling could start to determine if the seafloor and sub-layers was suitable for drilling purposes. Also why so much corexit being pushed through the sea? The substance in my opinion is more toxic than the oil and a deadly combination not only to the oil but also its molecular structure and reactions with other bio-organisms. You have to wonder what will happen first.

1. A massive water displacement in the gulf( possibly from a gigantic earth fart...Rofl...Funny but only if it don't happen)

2. Array of toxic air, rain and oil-waste hitting the coastal areas polluting the environment and contaminating the affected areas water tables.

3. The sea floor will crack to the point it can't be hidden and evac planning will start to take place in determined "ground zero" areas.

4.BP comes clean allows the US military and government agencies that are most apt to handle these situations truly help out and get this in control.

5. The government uses hidden tech to resolve the situation.

6. James Camreon and Kevin Costner hold hands and make the mean oil morph into thosands of jelly beans because happiness is so sweet....

Seriously this is funny but sadly I lean towards .2/.3 with a dash of .1

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

NO, they don't say that at all.

The government is saying it is leaking from the cap and that there are other anomolies and another leak that isn't "significant."

Not that it isn't RELATED.

The headline on this is a blatant lie.

The only "officials" saying this are BP's people.

Egregious spin doctoring from BP and their minions. They have no shame.

[edit on 2010/7/19 by Aeons]

If you carefully read the excerpt, it says Thad Allen claims the leaks are unrelated. Thad Allen heads this project up for the US GOVERNMENT. So, as the headlne says, the government claims the leak is unrelated. You probably should be careful about callling people a liar if you haven't read the story, because you don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
He did NOT say it is unrelated.

He said it is not SIGNIFICANT or CONSEQUENTIAL. It isn't the same thing. People paraphrasing to make what was said be something it wasn't isn't paraphrasing - it is LYING. You however appear to just be reguritating a lie someone else made. The OFFICIALS referred to are NOT the government.

Because of it, the government has directed BP to provide the ability to open the cap within a 4 hours notice. A demand I believe BP has not met yet.

The spinning on this # is unbelievable.

new topics

top topics

join