It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain applauds Raytheon’s ‘wonderful missiles’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

"What I would do is to give our small businesses a tax break," McCain explained. "I would tell the corporations which are very important, like Intel and Raytheon and others in our state, we’ll cut the corporate tax rates so that you won’t have to send jobs overseas. We’ll continue… I’ll continue to support the military and our bases and the men and women who are there and the thousands of employees, including our people over in Mesa that make the Apache helicopter and down at Raytheon that make these wonderful missiles and Intel that’s doing such a great job in employing so many people that I’ve supported for so many years," he said.

rawstory.com...

LOL.

Not only is Raytheon....who is a huge recipient of corporate WELFARE (and is part of the military industrial complex)....making absolutely wonderful death dealing missiles...that's not enough.

THEY NEED MORE TAX CUTS!!!!

I would tell the corporations which are very important, like Intel and Raytheon and others in our state, we’ll cut the corporate tax rates so that you won’t have to send jobs overseas.

Why don't you try RAISING TARIFFS YOU ASSFART!?!?!?!?!?

In the meantime....you go ahead and KEEP VOTING AGAINST EXTENDING UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS YOU WORTHLESS OLD BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Sen. McAngry is a dangerous guy. I wanted to love him but he was in bed with the philosophy of Darth Cheney and the rest of the inmates.

Raytheon is the war machine and I am pretty sure that their surplus of weaponary would destroy the world a few times over.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Without missiles we would be either annexed into Russia or China, or blown off the face of the earth. Just the way it is. They do make a hell of a missile.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Time to end corporate welfare for these giants that own everything.

McCain apparently thinks these guys are "small business". Now I understand the disconnect of the republican party. Poor old Raytheon, Halliburton, and DuPont. They don't have enough money. Let's take it from the poorest in the country and give it to them.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Somebody tell McCaine that that patriot missile system we got from Raytheon does not work. I worked with one of the guidance system engineers. They make crappy missiles and pay off people to say they work.

link   

Hey, what do expect by a guy who is a member of the PNAC,, and surrounded himself with PNAC members during his presidential bid.

link   

Originally posted by astrogolf

Without missiles we would be either annexed into Russia or China, or blown off the face of the earth. Just the way it is. They do make a hell of a missile.

Yep, because Bolivia, Algeria, Sweden, Iceland and Switzerland have all been forcibly annexed by Russia or China...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

At Raytheon, we integrate corporate responsibility into all we do. With global reach comes global responsibility, and we take that responsibility very seriously.

We view our commitment to society at large as being demonstrated in the following ways:

Community Involvement, which includes Raytheon's community relations and charitable giving programs, and our signature educational initiative, MathMovesU®;

Diversity, fostering an inclusive culture; Ethics, our commitment to maintaining a foundation of integrity and trust;

Governance, the company’s guiding principles and leadership practices; Energy, including total employee engagement in conservation, increasing energy efficiency and renewable power sources;

Environmental protection, preserving natural resources and minimizing our footprint;

Safety, ensuring our employee’s safety and wellness.

www.raytheon.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Not a big McCain fan but he is right on both accounts.

They make a hell of a weapons system.. and we should cut corporate taxes to insure things get made in America.

I would go further and say we should eliminate all corporate taxes across the board.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by ZuluChaka]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Just so you know who McCain supports and who are his freinds in DC
www.antiwar.com...

www.youtube.com...

His the one who has orderd and made a bill durning the war on serbia and called on troops on the ground in serbia to kill the entrie serbian people

www.jihadwatch.org...

When will the people of arizona kick him out?

McCain is a warmonger, wants war nothing more.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Sen. McAngry is a dangerous guy. I wanted to love him but he was in bed with the philosophy of Darth Cheney and the rest of the inmates.

Raytheon is the war machine and I am pretty sure that their surplus of weaponary would destroy the world a few times over.

I watched his lists of campaign promises grow until it read:

1) a hundred year (or more) war

2) a promise to help us Americans to be able 'to afford to drive a little further' for our vacation.

He was going to try to hold down oil, by fighting, increasing our presence in enemy land. We'd be able to buy more gas at a cheaper price to drive cars a little further, and maybe one or two of the kids would be missing that Summer, is all. Oh, and a hundred years of war...

Those that did the vetting...they knew.

Really, after that, anything could get in. I don't think McCain is really big on ideologies, pure concepts. Seems a lobbyists dream.

Seen him dozing during addresses. I guess that could happen to anyone but shouldn't he stay home to nap?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Any man that would accept a woman like exgov. Palin as a running mate doesn't have any credibility what so ever.

He is a senile old man, just trying to hold on to what little support he has left.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Any man that would accept a woman like exgov. Palin as a running mate doesn't have any credibility what so ever.

Any man that can still attract a fox like Palin at his advanced age must still have some gunpowder left in his missile.

To all the bleeding hearts...just remember that Raytheon does not have a long list of customers to sell their product to. So if the US military closes the tap, Raytheon lays off bigtime. Next time we need to arm a Predator, why I guess we can just go to WalMart, eh?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Fine, go ahead and raise tariffs. Raise them until the ceiling gets knocked out. And you know what? All that's going to do is move businesses to other countries that would normally stay here in America and put even more people out of work.

I guess you don't believe in free trade since your such a big fan of tariffs.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Meh...he just wants them to bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran. He's insane. Or wait...are these the missiles for Saudi Arabia?

Yes, keep the jobs building weapons of mass destruction but fire more cops and teachers

Must...feed...MIC...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Meh...he just wants them to bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran. He's insane. Or wait...are these the missiles for Saudi Arabia?

Yes, keep the jobs building weapons of mass destruction but fire more cops and teachers

Must...feed...MIC...

A job's a job, ain't it? Especially since you were lecturing me about there being jo jobs in that other thread.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Synchrocity

Fine, go ahead and raise tariffs. Raise them until the ceiling gets knocked out. And you know what? All that's going to do is move businesses to other countries that would normally stay here in America and put even more people out of work.

I'm a business man, entrepreneur and the reason businesses move to other countries is because of cheap labor not tariffs. It's cheaper for me to have parts for my products made in China or Mexico and pay the import duties than have them manufactured here in the US. It's bottom line not tariffs.

Having stuff manufactured off shore and brought back Is Free Trade! and tariffs don't even enter into the equation.
I'm running a business not a charity for slackers that are only interested in getting laid and getting paid, come to work stoned, hammered or hungover.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I'm a business man, entrepreneur and the reason businesses move to other countries is because of cheap labor not tariffs. It's cheaper for me to have parts for my products made in China or Mexico and pay the import duties than have them manufactured here in the US. It's bottom line not tariffs.

Having stuff manufactured off shore and brought back Is Free Trade! and tariffs don't even enter into the equation.
I'm running a business not a charity for slackers that are only interested in getting laid and getting paid.

Hey bang the other guy, he brought up tariffs. If you establish tariffs on goods brought into the country like he was saying then how does that affect business? It makes companies headquarter out of the country, that's how.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Synchrocity

I lectured no one about there being jobs. Try again.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Hey bang the other guy, he brought up tariffs. If you establish tariffs on goods brought into the country like he was saying then how does that affect business? It makes companies headquarter out of the country, that's how.

Please explain how products made in the Orient or Mexico with tariffs on them, sold in Walmart; will force companies to move offshore.

You think WalMart is going to move.

They will just pass on the added expense to customers and they will continue to buy that junk. That's how their business model is designed.

Again, the reason that companies move out of the US is because of labor costs..... it's cheaper.

www.offshoregroup.com...

schools out....go play!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join