It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Your Permit: Silver Iodide Weather Modification is REAL

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

'Under the guidelines of the Clean Water Act by the EPA, silver iodide is considered a hazardous substance, a priority pollutant, and as a toxic pollutant.

No, its not. Unfortunately, a quick look around online showed that not only is Silver Iodide not mentioned in the Clean Water Act, Silver Iodide is not a "priority pollutant". You got taken in, probably by some overzealous chemmie who had no problem bending the truth.

And what is even more interesting that the sentence is worded the exact same way on all the conspiracy, and other sites that have copied that text.

And while some of you are bleating about the environmental catatrophe of cloud seeding, even though the amount uses is so small and spread over such a large area, as I recall, wasnt there linking to environmental permitting? And isnt that state permitting required for any project?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanistInitiative

Here's the silver iodide MSDS information which shows what its capable and incapable of

www.sciencelab.com...

Acute, shorterm effects, which include skin and eye iritation on contact, and may cause ill effects on ingestion and inhalation. Chronic affects include Iodism and Argyia, after repeated exposure in high amounts

Its non flammable, and non reactive,mon explosive, its a stable chemical and has a health rating of 2 (which isnt the worst rating)

Its only toxic through inhalation or ingestion at a high concentration, may be harmful to animals who ingest it.

This link is also worth a look

It did a study on silver iodide effects, and claims its more dangerous for animals rather than man

www.springerlink.com...

[edit on 20/7/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
And here is that priority pollutants list.

www.scorecard.org...

Notice no mention of Silver Iodide either. See what I mean about some over zealous chemtrail believer who thought it would be a good idea to start a rumor around the chemtrail community that AgI was a priority pollutant and in the CWA, when both are not correct

And on the Weather Modification Association website, there is a paper about Silver Iodide toxicity, with a listing of actual research papers about it.

www.weathermodification.org...

Any of you who disagree with me, thats fine. However I stand behind every post I have made, and any statements I have made. I try to use facts, not speculation, and if you want to go fact check any statements I have made about aircraft, aviation, meterology, etc, go for it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

AIR PLANES OFTEN drop MASSIVE quantities of SILVER IODIDE, TRIMETHYL ALUMINUM, BARIUM, and PROPANE, into the SKY over large areas of North America,

Do you have statistics to back up "massive quantities" and "large areas"?

From what I read in the links you provided, there is no information on how much is dropped.

From what I read in the links you provided this is happening in a handful of states, in small areas of the states.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
*snip*
Chemicals sprayed into the atmosphere. I think they call that "chemtrailing", don't they?

Cloud seeding is done inside and above large rain clouds to prematurely create the natural process of rain. It is not something you will see in the sky when done since the clouds are going to block your view of the flares and smoke.

The trails you see in the sky are MUCH higher than the rain clouds.

Cloud seeding has been done for many years, through both the public and private sectors, and has never been top-secret.

Chemtrails/Contrails and cloud seeding are *NOT THE SAME*

Personally, I'd worry more about what they are putting in the water these days than what they are "spraying" in the skies.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

I am not claiming that it is related to the lines in the sky. I don't know about that, I'm not an expert.

So what exactly are you claiming? No one is disputing your facts that small aircraft spray or burn small amounts of chemicals at low altitudes to modify the weather. What exactly is the point of this thread?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Here the weather man explains certain clouds being sprayed by military.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

No. Chaff does not form clouds. It isn't really visible except to radar.
Actually, clouds are not visible on radar either.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
This is exactly what the OP wanted. Dis-Information. We now have posters ranting on about "This is exactly what they do. I knew it" when referring to their own beliefs about chemtrails, and they're not here to go "Ahh cloud seeding that old trick".

He knew it was about giving credibility to the conspiracy for this evil plan to kill us all via pouring toxins into the atmosphere. But claims he had no intention to.

NOW people, with less time to invest in thinking before posting, will assume from the OP that generic weather modification validates their stance on illicit poisoning of the populace.

Way to go OP. 5 years in and you have success. Perhaps that states something about the culture of ATS 5 years ago as opposed to today. Should be a disclaimer on ats now, "Did you purchase your official ATS tin foil hat?" No? Then proceed to the thinking department. Yes? Then come right on in.

I am however glad that there are still members here willing to put the effort in to providing pound for pound of fact, against concept. Without you guys (You disinfo agents paid or not, see) keep some semblance of sanity going on here.

Oh look its raining cats and dogs.. Im off to the rspca to complain, damn animal murdering pilots...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
Here the weather man explains certain clouds being sprayed by military.

Chaff - Wikipedia

Chaff, originally called Window by the British, and Düppel by the Second World War era German Luftwaffe, is a radar countermeasure in which aircraft or other targets spread a cloud of small, thin pieces of aluminium, metallised glass fibre or plastic, which either appears as a cluster of secondary targets on radar screens or swamps the screen with multiple returns.
Modern armed forces use chaff (in naval applications, for instance, using short-range SRBOC rockets) to distract radar-guided missiles from their targets. Most military aircraft and warships have chaff dispensing systems for self-defense. An intercontinental ballistic missile may release in its midcourse phase several independent warheads, a large number of decoys, and chaff.
Chaff can also be used to signal distress by an aircraft when communications are not functional. This has the same effect as an SOS, and can be picked up on radar. It is done by dropping chaff every 2 minutes.

These will not produce clouds. It's essentially dropping metallic trash to confuse radar. The only time it looks like a cloud is on weather radars.

[Edited: To correct typo]

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Sararainmaker]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Ok so let me get this right ... Every expert and his dog here seems to agree that cloud seeding has been going on since Adam was a boy. We also know that silver iodide is toxic.... So we know that governments are using toxic substances to alter weather for decades and everybody is ok with this????

Yeah nothing wrong with that..... Yup nothing wrong with that at all.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

No more so than everybody is ok with the toxins emitted by factories to make the things we need. No more so than the toxins in our food. No more so than the toxins that we purposefully ingest for various reasons.

Silver iodide is not very toxic and in cloud seeding operations it is not dispersed in great concentrations.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Chemtrails of the "lines in the sky variety" are not "born out of ignorance paranoia and lies"
They are born out of PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE from Countless sources.

What each individual thinks about those photos, and their assessment of them, is debatable and questionable.

But simply saying it's all bunk IS BUNK itself!
Because they are derived from tons of PHOTO EVIDENCE.

Anyone can take a picture of a contrail.

Its what happens next - the claim that its a chemtrail and the subsequent attempts to spread fear and paranoia - that is born out of ignorance and lies.

You cannot judge the chemical composition of a contrail from 5 miles underneath it with a handheld camera.

And don't be fooled by the supposed "studies" that take no consideration for surrounding manufacturing process/heavy industries/mines etc and the presecene of certain minerals in the ground, or the locations of nearby highways and other pollutant sources, and yet somehow magically manage to derive that what they find in the water came from planes 5 miles up in the atmosphere where the wind is constantly blowing. I mean, given all those contributory factors that skew any evidence it just must have come from the planes, right?

And - when the argmuent put forward by those who claim "chemtrails" is dissected, looked at properly and discussed people try and muddy the waters by introducing a subject (cloud seeding/weather modification) that is accepted all round as happening all across the world - in some vague attempt to bring credibility to the "chemtrail" claims.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Under the guidelines of the Clean Water Act by the EPA, silver iodide is considered a hazardous substance, a priority pollutant, and as a toxic pollutant.
Chronic Exposure/Target Organs: Chronic ingestion of iodides may produce “iodism”, which may be manifested by skin rash, running nose, headache and irritation of the mucous membranes. Weakness, anemia, loss of weight and general depression may also occur. Chronic inhalation or ingestion may cause argyria characterized by blue-gray discoloration of the eyes, skin and mucous membranes. Chronic skin contact may cause permanent discoloration of the skin

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
i think people need to let go of these BUZZ words, seeding, trails, chemtrails, contrails, chemmies blah blah blah, it seems to disturb people that there are chemicals being dropped into the skies, we are not publically clear about it, about the quantities or varieties of chemicals.

Also judging from weather reporting and generally the weather itself that i think alot of people dont think we really know what we're doing, releasing chemicals or forces of anything have an effect, this WILL cause reactions, obviously this varies in its impact but im not sure how much attention this organistations are paying to what these things could be doing to wild life and anything that basically isn't involved directly in the movements and behaviour of weather.

Yes we know that its obvious we intoxicate the planet and ourselves in many ways but this isn't really an excuse to blow off what this could potentially be causing, considering the pro's and con's, messing with the weather can leave very servere consequences, consequences that we may not be able to see nor stop, this flows into dropping chemicals to see what happens to induce rain, well if we've been doing this for so long and its happening all over the world, how about the earths building dependence on creating precipitation and that if we stop, maybe this will cause unwanted circumstance as the earth i would imagine would get used to having precipitation created for it thus potentially losing its ability to sustain its own natural cycle of things?

on a simple note, people do not like being openly sprayed with chemicals, this seems to bother us espeically when its trying to control something as alternating as weather when its very clear we need to be spending more time on many other facsets of development and that silver is quite precious, wasteful to spray it all over the sky

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by steven barnes

Forgive me, but out of my ignorance of the idea of Chemtrails and what they represent, I must ask what some of you might consider a silly question:

What is it that you believe the government is dropping, from 30,000 feet up, onto it's own citizens and for what reason?

Again, I ask this, simply, because I do not know... not to make light of anything.

[Edited: To clarify my question]

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Sararainmaker]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
from numerous sources it seems to be a mix of chemicals, typically silver iodide but because of the nature of large plooms looking exactly like a ploom of chemicals, it seems to be quite uncertain but it is certainly not ALL planes doing this - generally as a citizen its rather much to find out these things espeicially when you have no control, no idea how long or how much and what the real effects are, there are so many potential pollutants around us that its very difficult to diagnose the cause of any illness you may have because alot of these pollutants are slow acting and when you have insoluable elements entering your body this can appear that your cells have naturally degraded but of course this is an effect of slow degradation and the minor but long term changes of the chemicals effects on your cellular system. This is what kind of thing people are worried about when smoking is used as a scapegoat for anytime someone gets cancer when we are surrounded by constant emissions of volatile organic compounds.

My problem is with playing around with the weather and dropping what seems to be precious metals all over the sky and generally just adding more chemicals to the soup especially when it turns a sky into a dull drab silver blanket.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by steven barnes]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

I'm a chemtrail believer? Really? How very interesting. Gee, and here I thought I was addressing a point about the kinds of planes used for weather modification. What else am I?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by steven barnes

So, in essence you are saying that our government is actively trying to kill us all, with no means of control on who lives/dies, by using airplanes flying at very high altitudes and dropping unknown chemicals into our atmosphere?

Again, not making light of, just trying to understand... To me it seems very unlikely a scenario. There are many, much easier way to kill people, that are a lot more controlled, and a lot less detectable.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
so in essence you might be correct but i didnt say anyone is TRYING to kill anyone it could easily be misguided use of said chemicals, again as i say more infomation is needed as this cloud seeding covering does not answer everyones queries and theres no point in trying to presume im suggesting large scale killing or any such things, MEARLY outputting healthy caution towards something that with the frequency of aeroplanes its very difficult to want to pay attention when you've always assumed its just a plane taking people to some place, it is not unhealthy to wonder about these things ESPECIALLY when there is clear cut infomation that chemicals are being sprayed, we also spray millions of tonnes of herbicide and pesticide this is infact certainly more dangerous than this would appear to be.

we will conclude its difficult to find out what exactly is coming from an aircraft at any one time due to there frequency, visability, likeness of trail to chemical vapour, knowledge of dangerous chemicals being used daily and because of this difficulty we will continue to observe this phenomenon and if it correct that it is ice crystals then people will realise, if not then the same again.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join