It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Your Permit: Silver Iodide Weather Modification is REAL

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot
well I feel like I am emailing to a brick wall,

You get that feeling too? Perhaps we'll let the stars decide.

Did you hear whether Lindsey Lohan was ready for jail time?

by for now,

Sri Oracle

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Its not about weather when just about every major country is doing it at the same time with the same chemicals. It is being done to weaken our immune system so when they release Pig Flu Version 3.0 we die.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum Logic
I find it distressing that a great thread full of factual information is being twisted every way possible by two people desperately trying to link this thread to chemtrails specifically, when in fact the OP specifically states that is not what the purpose of this thread is. Deny Ignorance? It seems like creating ignorance, and both should know better. Shame on you two....

OK.

So the premise of the thread is that Silver Iodide Weather modification is real.

Yes. It is.

Theres no conspiracy there. The information is freely available on the internet and in books.

So if its real, and there is no conspiracy, and its not linked to, or designed to draw a parallel somehow to chemtrails, then why start the thread in the "General Conspiracies" section?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
So if its real, and there is no conspiracy, and its not linked to, or designed to draw a parallel somehow to chemtrails, then why start the thread in the "General Conspiracies" section?

The conspiracy lies in the obfuscation/deflection of the "no its not - yes it is" chemtrail/contrail discussion brings into every discussion about whether or not chemicals are dumped into the sky to change the weather. The conspiracy lies in leaving the masses lost in that disinformation, on might say, in order that they do not believe in, consider the validity of, or question REAL, widespread, weather mod programs.

Again... this thread is not about WHY or for whose benefit or who conspired. It is for those out there that falsely disbelieve chemical weather mod and to confront those people that engage in the conspiracy to detract from the truth about weather mod by always diverting the subject to chemtrails and contrails.

Would you feel better with this in the disinformation and deflection forum? Does it belong in fragile earth? Gray Area? You're part of the best staff on earth, move It.

I think it belongs here in General Conspiracies.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

thank you for the thread
and yes i beleive they are spraying heavy metals into the air
when people can put out a plate after spraying and have the residue tested and find these metals in my mind it is undeniable

this is a large scale uncontrolled weather experiment going on around the world

how can this be hidden well he who controls aviation fuel controls the exaust from the engines add some stuff here and there and voila

off topic

all the ingrediants you listed are harmful to nature and humans in the right concentrations

gets in the ground water

XPLodER

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

But none of the people who argue against chemtrails have argued against weather modification, because they know it happens.

The point is that weather modification most certainly is NOT "chemtrails".

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
[Would you feel better with this in the disinformation and deflection forum? Does it belong in fragile earth? Gray Area? Move It.

I cannot move it because of the moderator code of conduct I work by, nor can I take any kind of action in this thread, or any thread I'm involved in while posting as a member with opinions on the subject.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

But none of the people who argue against chemtrails have argued against weather modification, because they know it happens.

The point is that weather modification most certainly is NOT "chemtrails".

No.

The point...

is when the Average Joe watches an internet debate about "chemtrails vs contrails" they end up falsely dismissing the possibility of widespread chemical weather mod because "chemtrails" looses the debate and Averge Joe falsely connects the two concepts.

Chemtrails may or may not really exist and may or may not be due to weather modification. You don't have any equipment to test the white stripes in the sky any better than my own.

But widespread chemical weather modification is REAL.

I'm glad we can agree on this final point.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I cannot move it because of the moderator code of conduct I work by, nor can I take any kind of action in this thread, or any thread I'm involved in while posting as a member with opinions on the subject.

There's a reason I like this place. Go ATS admin. Good rule.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
regardless if the experiment is considered safe or not, there is a reason why we exist, it's called weather, it dictates life, naturally has done for millions if not billions of years why according to this data since the year 2000 did we suddenly feel it inappropriate to stand by and let nature control the weather cycles and that we are more capable and understanding of the effects nature has dictated for millions of years?

[edit on 19-7-2010 by steven barnes]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

How exactly do you know what their real intention is???

Please don't tell me you are one of those who STILL believes everything they tell you.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
Chemtrails may or may not really exist and may or may not be due to weather modification. You don't have any equipment to test the white stripes in the sky any better than my own.

There is a way.

You could always have an attempt to debunk the 80 or so years behind contrail development and persistence, and all the weather balloon soundings launched twice daily from across the globe (including mine, lol)

By the way, nobody here has ever denied cloud seeding. Its a well known fact that it occurs

[edit on 19/7/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Good job accepting ignorance, guys. It has been long known that cloud seeding is real and the fact was never hidden. It has also never been a secret that the government has used cloud seeding to modify the weather. Basically everyone with a plane is able to cloud seed. It is very easy to get the silver iodine flares need to seed. But by all means, keep pretending like this is some huge discovery.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
OP, Your smoking gun is not smoking for the reasons you want.

Weather modification has been going on for a long time, this is not new and never has been in contention.

What has been in contention is that civil airliners etc. have been dumping chemicals in the sky for well... a rainbow of reasons, that are dubious at best.

You have not proved that anything other then weather modification is going on and ummm, we already knew that.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Helmkat]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
if you are to establish an economic application for state use, as in this weather modification which I have to say is apparent. What then would be the pentagons interests? Would they be way behind or way ahead of the curve?
How many pvt contractors hired for research and applications?
Why can we not ask these questions? Wouldn't weather be one of the best weapons of war available?
Or are we still working on the 1950's model of cloud seeding as the advanced technology being applied today? This seems to be the logic of some skeptics here. If this is old science (cloud seeding) imagine all the different agencies that have projects to run with it. It is silly to believe military applications don't exist after all this time.
The next question simply has to be, "where can/do you test these different programs?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The evidence to prove that spraying of silver iodide is happening is irrefutable.

To those of you who still believe it's OK, because it's just for weather modification, please see below extract from Wiki on silver iodide, in particular please read the paragraph on safety very carefully. You will see that silver oxide is a TOXIC substance.

Rainmaking

Cessna 210 equipped with a silver iodide generator for cloud seedingThe crystalline structure of AgI is similar to that of ice, allowing it to induce freezing (heterogeneous nucleation) in cloud seeding for the purpose of rainmaking. Approximately 50,000 kg/year are used for this purpose, each seeding experiment consuming 10-50 grams.[2]

[edit] As a fast ion conductor
The transition between the β and α forms represents the melting of the silver (cation) sublattice. The entropy of fusion (melting) for α-AgI is approximately half that for sodium chloride (a typical ionic solid). This can be rationalised by noting that the AgI crystalline lattice has essentially already partly melted in the transition between α and β forms. Adding the entropy of transition from α-AgI to β-AgI to the entropy of fusion gives a value that is much closer to the entropy of fusion for sodium chloride.

[edit] Safety
Under the guidelines of the Clean Water Act by the EPA, silver iodide is considered a hazardous substance, a priority pollutant, and as a toxic pollutant.

Chronic Exposure/Target Organs: Chronic ingestion of iodides may produce “iodism”, which may be manifested by skin rash, running nose, headache and irritation of the mucous membranes. Weakness, anemia, loss of weight and general depression may also occur. Chronic inhalation or ingestion may cause argyria characterized by blue-gray discoloration of the eyes, skin and mucous membranes. Chronic skin contact may cause permanent discoloration of the skin.[3]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Removed this one because I had posted it twice by mistake.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
on silver iodide....

"Under the guidelines of the Clean Water Act by the EPA, silver iodide is considered a hazardous substance, a priority pollutant, and as a toxic pollutant.

Chronic Exposure/Target Organs: Chronic ingestion of iodides may produce “iodism”, which may be manifested by skin rash, running nose, headache and irritation of the mucous membranes. Weakness, anemia, loss of weight and general depression may also occur. Chronic inhalation or ingestion may cause argyria characterized by blue-gray discoloration of the eyes, skin and mucous membranes. Chronic skin contact may cause permanent discoloration of the skin"

www.nature.nps.gov...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Of course there is an economic interest.

IF you go back to the very website linked in the first page, you can see who is doing the cloud seeding projects and why.

In terms of Texas, it is multiple water districts, for example Edwards Aquifer Authority is one of those. That should be patently obvious why they are interested in rainfall.

But for other places, there is an Alberta hail mitigation project using 3 planes. Insurance companies pay for that, to hopefully lessen their damage claims to cars, crop and other property arising from a hailstorm rolling off the rockies.

And then look at the projects in California for PG&E in the winter. Those are for snowpack, using ground and and aerial seeding with the intent of more snowback for hydro power.

Some people want to live in a fantasy world where these cloud seeding aircraft are large jet tranports filled to the brim with evil chemicals, all hired by secret entities for sinister reasons.

Sorry, but the reality is a lot more boring. Cloud seeding projects are not secret, the planes are small, and the areas seeding are not big either. There are more projects too, from wintertime research in Wyoming, to snowpack in Idaho, to fog decrease at the SLC airport.

Their is nothing secret about this jobs, projects or the planes. These planes are often parked out in the open at public airports.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
...and if the intention WERE something a bit more sinister along the lines of intentional sickening of a population...they would say so??? as far as any of us know, "weather modification" is the "swamp gas" of this highly debated topic. theyve gotta 'splain it somehow...people do look up in the sky from time to time. granted theres no way for us regular earthbound folks to know unequivocally what is really going on up there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join