It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Your Permit: Silver Iodide Weather Modification is REAL

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well unless you are going to buy a silver iodide flare and feed it to your child, thats the only way there would possible way there would ever been enough to cause harm

Thousands of kids die or get injured from household chemicals though. Can you find any instances of there ever being any possible kind of exposure to AgI to cause any harm?

can you come up with any realistic scenario that would result in enough exposure to silver iodide?

[edit on 20-7-2010 by firepilot]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by steven barnes
"Hazardous Decomposition Products: Irritating and toxic fumes and gases, hydrogen iodide."

And what is the point to that? Hydrogen iodide gases????

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Listed under Potential Health Effects.

Chronic ingestion of iodides during pregnancy has resulted in fetal death, severe goiter, and cretinoid appearance of the newborn.

It says iodides, it does not say silver iodide. It says chronic ingestion. It says in newborns. Unless the pregnant woman is putting in her cereal everyday there isn't going to be a problem.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

posted by stewie

go to section 10

[edit on 20-7-2010 by steven barnes]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by steven barnes

posted by stewie

go to section 10

[edit on 20-7-2010 by steven barnes]

Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. Conditions to Avoid: High temperatures, incompatible materials, light, dust generation. Incompatibilities with Other Materials: Strong oxidizing agents. Hazardous Decomposition Products: Irritating and toxic fumes and gases, hydrogen iodide. Hazardous Polymerization: Has not been reported

Well, are you considering storing large quantities of Silver Iodide in your house?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
of course, i love silver iodide infact my house is MADE from it

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Let's just pray for the "chemtrailers" that spray this stuff, that they don't get a bit too much at once.

Can't this stuff accumulate? You know, in the lungs or in the blood?

Fire, do you know?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot
can you come up with any realistic scenario that would result in enough exposure to silver iodide?

Silver Iodide used in cloud seeding is real? Wow, thanks for the news flash, and welcome to the 1950s.

fscimage.fishersci.com...

MSDS SILVER IODIDE:

May cause reproductive and fetal effects.
The toxicological properties of this material have not been fully investigated.
Chronic ingestion of iodides during pregnancy has resulted in:
fetal death, severe goiter, and cretinoid appearance of the newborn.

www.cumc.columbia.edu...

The incidence of thyroid cancer is increasing faster than any other cancer in the United States, and there are approximately 30,000 new cases each year

I am sure I could imagine a few realistic scenarios falling out of a 60 year old tradition of using silver iodide to make it rain; though I have not fully investigated it either.

Sri Oracle

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
double post

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It says iodides, it does not say silver iodide. It says chronic ingestion. It says in newborns. Unless the pregnant woman is putting in her cereal everyday there isn't going to be a problem.

What if every pregnant woman is putting a little bit in her soup every night because it has accumulated, just a little, in the water supply.

???

and Phage... we were looking at the MSDS for silver iodide, which is an iodide, which means it qualifies for substances which cause fetal harm.

Well unless you are going to buy a silver iodide flare and feed it to your child, thats the only way there would possible way there would ever been enough to cause harm

You're telling me setting off an iodide flare in the backyard during the a baby shower wouldn't be a hyperbolic enough situation to cause harm? I have to actually feed a whole flare to a child?

Do us all a favour and don't take that attitude when you give your kids vitamins.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Silver iodide is not soluble. That's why it makes a good cloud seeding agent. It also means that it doesn't get into the water supply.

All chlorides, bromides and iodides are soluble EXCEPT those of silver, lead and mercury(I).

www.ausetute.com.au...

[edit on 7/20/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
which means it doesnt dissolve in water and will have a chemical reaction to form precipitive compounds?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Silver iodide is not soluble. That's why it makes a good cloud seeding agent. It also means that it doesn't get into the water supply.

All chlorides, bromides and iodides are soluble EXCEPT those of silver, lead and mercury(I).

www.ausetute.com.au...

So where does it go? How does it react? What does it do to people? Does it get into plants? Animals? How do you know its bad for you? Why do you think its benign?

Isn't it great that we are hear today discussing this subject together on front page of the largest conspiracy site in the world?

rather than the subject we were discussing 3 days ago on the front page:

"chemtrails are contrails, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not..."

If you want to talk about STRAWMEN that I have SET UP to be KNOCKED DOWN...

The strawman is:

NOW that we can all accept that silver iodide is put into widespread use via cessna as a weather modification agent...

what other chemicals are used?
how many total kilos are used by the industry annually?
should the public be notified before they are sprayed from above?
is it bad for you?
how much is bad for you?
which agencies benefit?
who lobbies for this?
etc, etc.

Gosh that sounds like it needs its own thread... or threads. Perhaps one of the 76 people that have starred this thread would now like to create their own about who, what, when, where, and WHY silver iodide is dumped into the atmosphere under the guise of weather modification.

The purpose of this one was simply...

DOES IT HAPPEN?

nudge,

Sri Oracle

...good night for now.

This forum is dedicated to general conspiracy theories, cover-ups, and government scandals that may not fit into other topical forums on ATS. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com\'s tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Yes, its funny isn't it. We weren't supposed to be having this discussion.
Now, we have Phage to tell us it is all going to be alright, a little arsenic is in apricot seeds.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by steven barnes

Which means it does not dissolve in water. Silver iodide is the precipitant in the reaction of silver and iodine.

Ag(+) + I(-) = AgI(s)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The answers are not hard to find.
But when they aren't what you expect to hear, you probably will not believe them.

Cloud seeding. Nasty stuff being put into our environment. Of course, there are no natural sources of these things. No industrial sources.

Hey, did your town have a fireworks display on the Fourth of July? Mine did. I really like the silver, green, and red colors. What are your favorites?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/118f4488013f.png[/atsimg]
www.bigfireworks.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
from what ive understood in the last day or so, silver iodide is used because of its close resemblence to the structures of water crystals but since its insoluable in water then after the crystals melt into water this would i assume drop the silver also.

"Zhang Qiang, head of the office, said the agency induced snow on Nov. 1 by seeding clouds with 186 doses of silver iodide, according to a separate Xinhua report. The seeding brought an additional 16 million tons of snow, according to the report"

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Hey, did your town have a fireworks display on the Fourth of July? Mine did. I really like the silver, green, and red colors. What are your favorites?

I boycott fireworks displays.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Spoil sport. I'm sure your efforts are noticed.
What are you, unAmerican? I bet you don't like apple pie either.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Actually they don't even have to be in the next State, the farmers in the next county complain about it. And, oh, they know all about it or they wouldn't be complaining, would they?

It ain't a secret. Never was.

the seceret is this cloud seeding is it has two other purposes and were only discusing one of them that is causing rain/clouds

what are the health effects for humans and animals for this experiment

why not use a benign substance for the droplets to form on

does this process stuff around with a system we have very little understanding of

when the flights were grounded over europe people reported the clearest skies and freashest air they can remember

particulates from airplanes can cause droplets to form does that mean that aviation fuel is good for cloud seeding

if you force droplet formation and cloud cover are you not ruining the natural process of weather

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join