It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Your Permit: Silver Iodide Weather Modification is REAL

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by steven barnes

Are you kidding? Did you look at the links here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
yes that looks like its about texas i didnt realise earth was called texas.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by firepilot

Umm, those links were exactly mainstream news. When you said you never see news articles, you were implying there are not any, that was the only possibly point you were making, about never seeing any.

Local news is not mainstream. and I never implied that these stories weren't on the Texas news, I implied that stories of spraying programs like the one in Texas never get coverage in the mainstream news, nationwide and international news.

I already explained that.

I do admit that it seems to get more attention on a local level, but as long as it stays on the local news it doesn't seem so widespread as it appears to be.

The whole point that started this side discussion was that most people don't know about weater mod., or may have heard of it but don't know the specifics and don't care.

I still stand by that statement.

I would say local tv news and newspapers are the epitome of mainstream news. Now if you are talking about public access, or alternative papers, you would have a point. But you cant say your local newspaper is not mainstream or the local NBC affiliate tv news station.

However, these are local issues. Even though the chemtrail crowd yells otherwise, these cloud seeding projects are usually small and based on area with in a state or a grouping of counties. So they are inherently local in nature, and it does not make for exciting news. Now if a cloud seeding plane on a local project crashed into a house, I can assure you that would make national news.

And You are right, it is a lesser known subject. However, lots of things are that way, and unfortunately its being more and more so in many areas, like geography, science, math, etc. Even the particulars about aviation and aircraft are not that widely understood. Look at how many people do not know how low that airline pilots are paid now?

But, its not really germane. If it was not well known due to some kind of supression or censorship, that is one thing. Too many people want information spoon fed to them, but an inherent part of learning is going after the information yourself.

There are lots of subjects I enjoy learning about, but I cant expect it to be on the news for me to learn about it. Most everything i linked to in this thread, are things I quickly found and looked up. And it was pretty easy to refute some statements by those who did not look up anything and just reposted a statement found online on a conspiracy site.

And I still state I stand behind everything I post, and it can all be actually looked up. Whether is it where cloud seeding projects go on, what kinds of planes that are used, amounts of seeding material, seasonal and local nature of weather mod projects, any of it can be researched online, and verified.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Why would anyone but people in Texas want to hear about cloud seeding in Texas on the news?

Here's some other big news.
www.houstonherald.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
im not entirely sure why you directed me toward those links because my statement was about the larger scale of cloud seeding and its larger scale effects, of course there will be local analysis i imagine its required but the people that do it but as you know they're mostly private so the infomation is not compiled to give a clear picture of the situation.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by steven barnes]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Cloud seeding is not done on a large scale. It done in localized areas. It is done when, and where the cloud conditions are right. That's the point. A permit is given for cloud seeding a certain area.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

yes, cloud seeding is real! The EPA sent me an entire page on it when I questioned them about some awful things that happened to my home in 2007. Included in the horror were these things that got into my skin that looked like fibers and black things. Ironically my hair analysis confirmed that aluminum and silver were 2 of the many metals I was poisoned with!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaDukes

yes, cloud seeding is real! The EPA sent me an entire page on it when I questioned them about some awful things that happened to my home in 2007. Included in the horror were these things that got into my skin that looked like fibers and black things. Ironically my hair analysis confirmed that aluminum and silver were 2 of the many metals I was poisoned with!

Well yes, as we have mentioned cloud seeding is real. But aluminum is not used, that would not do anything. And while silver iodide is used, its not the same thing as silver. There are many many other sources for silver in the environment

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Curious George never talked about widespread government sanctioned Weather Modification.

I learned about cloud seeding in my 9th grade earth science class.
20 Years ago.
In our 'failed' public education system.
Run by our government.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
AERIAL CHEM DUMPING IS REAL !!!! 1/5th of TEXAS IS ROUTINELY SPRAYED with silver iodide by air plane.

------------------

IT HAPPENS

AIR PLANES OFTEN drop MASSIVE quantities of SILVER IODIDE, TRIMETHYL ALUMINUM, BARIUM, and PROPANE, into the SKY over large areas of North America, through state sponsored WEATHER MODIFICATION programs.

PERIOD.

-----------------

Of course they are spraying our air. GREAT LINKS in your post. Heres another about cloud seeding.

en.wikipedia.org...

Silver iodine is for making rain. Anyone with an airplane and some silver iodine in the right granule size can make it rain if they drop it into the right clouds at the right altitude.

Simple science.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I'm prepared to tell you that 'cloudseeding is going on all over the globe 24/7/365(6).

I've been watching the skies for many years now, I travel extensively across Europe, Asia and the Americas and I also constantly watch live reports from all around the globe.

Why is it so difficult to accept and face the magnitude of something which I personally consider to be the greatest crime ever committed????

But hey, let's just say that it is only harmless contrails... Still,... it is a crime, that contrails block out the sunlight for an unforgivable amount of time (sometimes months!).
Even if they were 'just' contrails, blocking out the sun is 100000000000000% out of order, and we should all revert to travelling by sea.

A planet with no sun, is a DEAD planet.

WAKE TF UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Yellow Teapot

:shk: :shk:

Wow!

The subject, here...read the OP...is cloud seeding. This is an activity/program that is conducted IN THE TROPOSPHERE, and IN CLOUDS in order to (hopefully) induce precipitation!

Your fantasy about contrails is just that - fantasy. AND not even a good one, it is so full of holes (pun!)

...it is a crime, that contrails block out the sunlight for an unforgivable amount of time (sometimes months!).

In all of your vast world travels, ever been to Seattle Washington? The area in the Northwest is notorious for extended periods of low stratus clouds that move in from offshore and --- guess what? --- block the sunlight.

Look up the condition diagnosed and known as "S.A.D." Here, I'll do it for you:

Seasonal mood variations are believed to be related to light. An argument for this view is the effectiveness of bright-light therapy. SAD is measurably present at latitudes in the Arctic region, such as Finland (64º 00´N) where the rate of SAD is 9.5% Cloud cover may contribute to the negative effects of SAD.

One source that describes SAD

Extended periods of seasonal cloud cover are common all over, and they are NATURALLY occurring phenomena.

Your rant about "blocking the sunlight" is invalid, sorry. Your perceptions appear to be in error.

In any case --- what usually happens after a good rainstorm any how?? Seems that seeding clouds to induce rain (or snow) would be useful at CLEARING the skies faster, not "blocking the sunlight" as you seem to think...

Education is a wonderful thing, ain't it?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

i like it when a member takes the time to find many creditable sources backing up what the state.

nice job.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sararainmaker

Did they teach you anything about silver iodide? You know, the stuff they use to seed clouds?
Probably not, because our corporations control policy, and public safety has ALWAYS been secondary to profits. Of course, you knew that.
Now, there is at least ONE "pilot" here that knows about silver iodide, and I believe he is involved in cloud seeding, but chooses to just let it pass, if I will. BUT,

I won't.

fscimage.fishersci.com...

Material Safety Data Sheets on Silver Iodide.

Just think, this is all they have ADMITTED to spraying, and it may just mean you don't have children.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
the above document states this about silver iodide, which isn't pleasing to observe

"Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. "

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Who more important to hear about cloud seeding operations that the communities in which they occur? What better way to let them know about it than local news?

Do you think the upcoming county farm fair should also be broadcast on CNN?

No. However,

Truthfully I'd like to see more drugged-out hotty rich-girls in bondage scenes on CNN.

The world would be a better place.

In lieu of that:

Perhaps it should be that, each time, when a cowboy in Texas shoots the rain out of the sky before it makes it to Louisiana, where it would have naturally fallen, it should be mainstream news in at least the 5 surrounding states; perhaps on one of the approved/nationalized Federal channels like CNN.

That would be almost as pertinent as Lindsey Lohan's umpteenth (wow spell check had no problem with umpteenth) DUI. That subject had national live feed up until the moment of incarceration.

Sri Oracle

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Actually they don't even have to be in the next State, the farmers in the next county complain about it. And, oh, they know all about it or they wouldn't be complaining, would they?

It ain't a secret. Never was.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
reply to post by Sararainmaker

Did they teach you anything about silver iodide? You know, the stuff they use to seed clouds?
Probably not, because our corporations control policy, and public safety has ALWAYS been secondary to profits. Of course, you knew that.
Now, there is at least ONE "pilot" here that knows about silver iodide, and I believe he is involved in cloud seeding, but chooses to just let it pass, if I will. BUT,

I won't.

Just think, this is all they have ADMITTED to spraying, and it may just mean you don't have children.

Actually I posted info on silver iodide, did you miss it? I also posted an environmental impact study done on it, did you miss that too?

I posted an link that had multiple scientific studies regarding it too.

And I also refuted false claims made by several of you here, I challenged anyone to find any mention of Silver Iodide in the clean air act, I also challenged anyone to look in the list of priority pollutants and find silver iodide, and no one did either.

But here we go again.
www.weathermodification.org...

Environmental impact study
www.mcwra.co.monterey.ca.us...

Priority pollutants list
www.epa.gov...

I back up any claims that I make, rather than doing drive bys and then not providing proof like some have. Linking to another conspiracy site is not proof either, since they all end up parroting each other.

Just like someone claimed Silver Iodide is a "Class C Toxin" there is no such thing....and AgI is not in the Clean Water Act, and its not a priority pollutant.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie

ouch... from that same link... a new word for me:

CRETINOID

which I have found to be:

A neonatal condition of (sometimes severely) stunted physical and mental growth due to untreated congenital deficiency of thyroid hormones induced by iodides ingested by the mother, that in its extreme, can cause bone deformities and ape like facial abnormalities.

silver iodide, yummy.... I hope they make it rain this week in my child's backyard... he's growing too fast, and out smarting me; I can't keep up with the little bugger... besides he just too cute like his momma.

Sri Oracle

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
"Hazardous Decomposition Products: Irritating and toxic fumes and gases, hydrogen iodide."

Link to Hydriodic acid Analaysis

"In the absence of specific information about the effects of hydrogen
iodide on humans, the Panel has recommended a short, 1-hour,
guideline value based on its similar physico-chemical properties to the
other hydrogen halides. A longer-term guideline value to protect against
the chronic effects of iodine exposure will be recommended in an
addendum to this report."

"Based on comparison with the other hydrogen halides, the Panel
considered that a concentration of 1 ppm (5.23 mg/m3) should be
regarded as a no observable adverse effect level (NOAEL) for irritant or
potentially inflammatory effects on the lower respiratory tract and outer
eye. To reflect the uncertainty in the derivation of the NOAEL and to
take into account the presence of potentially susceptible individuals in
the general population, the panel considered the application of a safety
factor of 10 would be adequate for exposure in the ambient air.
Therefore the Panel concluded that 0.1 ppm averaged over 1 hour would
be an appropriate guideline value for hydrogen iodide that allowed for
its irritant effects on the outer eye and lower respiratory tract"

"The Panel recommends that a concentration of hydrogen iodide gas
or mass equivalent aerosol not exceeding 0.1 ppm (0.52 mg/m3) over
a 1-hour averaging period should protect against irritant and
inflammatory effects on the skin, eye and breathing airways."

Source

alot of this is also caused by other pollutants, part coal processing

[edit on 20-7-2010 by steven barnes]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>