It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient relics/artifacts hidden by modern architecture?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Last night I was looking at a movie called "The Lightning Thief" (2009) and one scene in particular got me thinking about what may lie hidden right under our noses. In this scene the protagonist, Percy Jackson. teleports to Greek mythology's Mount Olympus from a secret portal/wormhole/teleportation device hidden behind a wall on the roof of NYC's Chrysler building. After he entered the doorway you can see a column of energy zoom up the building's antenna tower and dissipate in a flash at the peak. Seconds later the elevator door opens at the base of Zeus's pantheon. It was definitely cool to see.

What if our real world also hides powerful ancient relics behind the curtain of moderm development? Only the most privy and powerful status's would have access to these areas.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I have wondered this myself many times. There may well be many different sites that now have modern architecture on them that were once used for such things. Be wary, though, and try not to let your imagination run too wild on this one.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Tune into Coast To Coast am tonight (July 19). This is the topic of the show.
You can find places to listen to coast to coast am online by going to coaststream.com

They have done shows about this in the past, if you get a streamlink subscription you can listen to the past shows on this topic.

I am very interested in this topic myself. The objects that have surfaced are very interesting and point to an intelligence that the powers that be say shouldn't exist at this time period.

I believe many of the objects found belong to demons. Angels, I believe, do not have to be a solid body entity. They can travel to space or other dimension in a light body or spirit body.

Demons, who are fallen, I believe lost the ability to just fly around like an angel does, in a spirit body. I think they probably became more physical, but being very intelligent, developed crafts to get themselves to space or to move about the earth. They utilized human help to create these craft, and shared knowledge with humans, and pretended to be gods.
They probably can become invisible, travel to other dimensions or travel to space, but they do need more crafts and machinery than an angel I think.

Then there are the Djinn, which are found in the Quran. They are different from demons I think. They are made of smoke and fire, while humans are made of clay, which is made of carbon. I don't know if Djinn are in the Bible, but I think Muslims believe in them. I am not Muslim, but I don't see why a Djinn can't be real. The bible does speak of evil spirits or unclean spirits, so maybe these are like the Djinn.

Some Djinn are supposed to be good but most will trick a human. Some are tricksters and some will cause a human to die. Since they are made of smoke and fire, maybe they also do not need craft or machinery. They may, however, have knowledge that they share with humans, and then the humans make machines, crafts, and things based on knowledge given to them by the Djinn.

I don't know if Djinn eat or if they need material possessions, but maybe they do need some utensils. Maybe they appreciate artwork or jewelery and we find some things that they have made.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by genma
What if our real world also hides powerful ancient relics behind the curtain of modern development?

In the 40's Hitler scoured the known world for occult artifacts that existed prior to the biblical deluge. He went as far as Ethiopia looking for the Ark of the covenant.

The US "tested" nukes on more of the Micronesia islands where there were undoubtedly relics of the lemurian continent.

How many items did Cortez and crew return to Europe that the Vatican is hiding?

The Chinese never discuss the pyramids in Xian or the White, Red Headed mummies there.

There is a history for humanity that is not being told. This was Cayce's point when he prophesized about the hall of records being discovered.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Good point, I too recently watched that movie and it does demonstrate some interesting ideas regarding how things can be hidden in plain sight.

Part of it is that yes, the best way to hide some things is to 'rework' them into more modern structues, the Baalbec ruins in Lebanon are a great example of this; because western temples/structures were built on top, the site was completely ignored for decades because it was obviously a Roman/Greek site. When people looked beyond the new structures however they began to see something much more ancient and curious.

Beyond that though there is just straight up destruction.

It is interesting to consider all the rumours of 2012 and TPTB building bunkers, especially given how many massive subterrainian sites the ancients built (Micheal Cremo and Jonathon Gray are two of my fav's for this type of research). Man-made cave systems have been discovered all over the world and yet instead of studying them they are buried or cemented in.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Look at the Vatican...one of the common themes for the Crusades was to seize and return artifacts. Further evidence can be seen from the standing orders of the missionairies deployed all over the world. In the case of South America these orders are most evident...destroy all writtings and carvings, kill the shaman's and 're-educate' the rest.

Thousands of years of history, gone.

There are other things of interest as well. In new Zealand there were red haired mummies discovered dating back thousands of years, instead of investigating the government classified the location and buried it all. There are the rumors of Noah's Ark being found, so TPTB restrict the area and use the site for live-fire bombing practice. Globally records show that the overwhelming beliefs of the ancients and still-surviving 'primitive people' is that serpent-gods visited and passed on knowledge.

It is interesting that in Christianity however the serpent is an evil betrayer. It is really bizarre how so many of the world's belief systems are in line or complementary to each other: So much of the world shares an incredible story with the notably exception of where 'modern/western' religion has stepped in and stamped out these histories.

The more one looks into this and the idea that our past is substantially different then we are deliberately mislead into thinking, the more you start to see how the truth is brushed aside. Misinformation and ridicule are the two most powerful weapons. Close behind is to just simply ignore things that are contradictory or worse, make them disappear (there are lots of records to show how 'difficult' objects would circulate until being submitted for testing at which point they were never seen again).

We live in a very carefully crafted world, one where the 'truth' is based more on an 'official story' than any type of fact or research. Anyone who tries to deviate from that story is marginalized or cut off. It is a complete fabrication, designed to prevent any questioning or mystery about what may actually be in order to keep people comfortable and docile.

How can you trust TPTB's vision of the future when they lie about the truth of our past?

[edit on 19-7-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by genma
Last night I was looking at a movie called "The Lightning Thief" (2009) and one scene in particular got me thinking about what may lie hidden right under our noses. In this scene the protagonist, Percy Jackson. teleports to Greek mythology's Mount Olympus from a secret portal/wormhole/teleportation device hidden behind a wall on the roof of NYC's Chrysler building. After he entered the doorway you can see a column of energy zoom up the building's antenna tower and dissipate in a flash at the peak. Seconds later the elevator door opens at the base of Zeus's pantheon. It was definitely cool to see.

What if our real world also hides powerful ancient relics behind the curtain of moderm development? Only the most privy and powerful status's would have access to these areas.

I'm sure it happens all the time. Heck, nearby there is/was an old one room schoolhouse. It was just knocked over to make room for an "old folks" home. My house was probably built on some native relics.

Out with the old, in with the new.

Powerful? I dunno about that. I find it hard to believe that almost all of what we currently have isn't better than what the "ancients" had.

To quote Homer Simpson, "If he was so smart, how come he's dead?".

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Has this coast to coast stream been posted online anywhere?

top topics

join