It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Ancients Moved Huge Stones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I, like many, have always been curious about how the ancients moved the huge stones. Stonehenge, the Pyramids, Easter Island statues, are some good examples. Well I don't know if anyone has come across this man's very simple, and very logical explanation of how it could be done. He's constructing a Stonehenge himself on his farm, and has moved blocks as big as the ones used to make the Pyramids by himself with no problems what-so-ever. Check it out:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Was posted here before, think about a half year ago!

[edit on 19-7-2010 by JimIrie]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Calender

This was already posted like 50 times why dont you use the search button?, this guy is a well known attention seeker

He's constructing a Stonehenge himself on his farm, and has moved blocks as big as the ones used to make the Pyramids by himself with no problems what-so-ever

No problems eh? i bet after the show he had some back pain pills, and thats no pyramid, its a step of stones

I, like many, have always been curious about how the ancients moved the huge stones. Stonehenge, the Pyramids, Easter Island statues, are some good examples.

This video isnt a good example, i still believe the pyramids were built or atleast we had help from the aliens,

This guy in the video only did this once and never again, atleast that tells you something.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimIrie
Was posted here before, think about a half year ago!

[edit on 19-7-2010 by JimIrie]

Cool. Sometimes I think we don't give our ancestors enough credit. As this video clearly shows, with a little ingenuity man can do pretty much anything he puts his mind to, without having to wonder if aliens from space helped them.

In fact, it is my guess that ancient man in general had more use of their brain, and were smarter than we are today. Of course this flies in the face of the idea that we are evolving from a lower stupider state. It appears that mankind is not evolving at all, especially mentally, it appears that he is devolving.

I guess that the first humans, although I could be wrong, didn't even have use for writing, for they could remember things almost perfectly.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

This was already posted like 50 times why dont you use the search button?, this guy is a well known attention seeker

Thank you for the kind reply Agent. We haven't met, so thank you for the kind tip. I hope everyone on this forum is as helpful and kind as you are. I haven't met that many people yet, but I'll probably friend you for the kindly advice.

Also, I have to disagree with the whole alien agenda thing. But to each his own.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Those are pebbles compared to the ancients building blocks!

For once, I would like to see real evidence not conjecture. The block and tackle would have been so large that it would weigh tons by itself.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I am more impressed by his moving of the pole barn. I would have loved more information on that.

S&F

[edit on 7-19-2010 by groingrinder]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakentired
Those are pebbles compared to the ancients building blocks!

For once, I would like to see real evidence not conjecture. The block and tackle would have been so large that it would weigh tons by itself.

If you went to the guys website listed on the youtube video notes he explains how very easily the blocks could have been moved.

[edit] 19,000 lbs isn't a pebble. As was noted the stonehenge stones weighed around 25,000 lbs. And he already stated he was building heavier stones. And he's been doing all this by himself. A community of people with this knowledge working together in cooperation could have easily tackled much heavier stones.

[2nd edit] I would like to correct myself. I rewatched the video and I misheard, the stones weighed 25tons, not 25,000 lbs. 25 tons would be 50,000 lbs.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Calender]

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Calender]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I am more impressed by his moving of the pole barn. I would have loved more information on that.

S&F

[edit on 7-19-2010 by groingrinder]

I apologize groinggrinder, but I have noticed that people here say quite frequently S&F, and I still haven't figured out what that means. Perhaps you can let me in on it. I think I just figured out that TPTB which I see a lot is: the powers that be. I'm pretty sure I'm right about that, but have no clue about what S&F means, I keep thinking San Fransisco, but now that can't be right.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It means Star + Flag my friend! you could start by giving me a star!
happy ATS'ing!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Calendar - you will find that many people here on ATS will absolutely refuse to believe logical explanations for things. They will insist that "aliens" or "inter dimensional beings" or whatever have their hand in almost everything that mankind has achieved. If you show people how humans could have done something, they will call you a "debunker" or say that you are ignorant or blind or some other denigrating comment simply because you don't share their faith in the alien visitation religion. Personally, I believe the more mundane explanations of how humans in the past achieved such monumental tasks as is shown in the video you provided.

S&F (star & flag) for you.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I realise as some have pointed out that has been posted before but I wouldn't have seen it because I am a new member.

Whether this is how the pyramids or stone henges were built or not, it is still useful today type info.

I work with heavey hobbies from time to time and prefer to work alone....
I found this inspiring and thought provoking...

Thats where I like to start when solving my own challenges.

Star and Flag
for effort.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is all fine and dandy, but I think it has been calculated that to build the Great Pyramid in the time stated, it would require perfectly fitting one megalithic stone into place every five minutes. And lifting the stones is just one facet. How did they get them so near to perfect - in the millions?

This may have something to do with the method...but the story is still woefully incomplete.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calender
I, like many, have always been curious about how the ancients moved the huge stones. Stonehenge, the Pyramids, Easter Island statues, are some good examples. Well I don't know if anyone has come across this man's very simple, and very logical explanation of how it could be done. He's constructing a Stonehenge himself on his farm, and has moved blocks as big as the ones used to make the Pyramids by himself with no problems what-so-ever. Check it out:

Try using this for a block weighing 200 TON.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I remember seeing it a while ago, but it's worth seeing again. thanks for posting this.

I too think we used to be a much smarter, hands-on, type of being. Today it's so much easier to "call the man" then it is to do it yourself. I would agree that he is seeking attention, but in my opinion, it's well deserved.

S&F

welcome to ATS. If you see something you don't understand, don't hesitate to ask (like you just did). Most here are very helpful and friendly.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have seen people stand stones up like that on tv before but the moving of the barn was very intriguing.

I'm new and appreciate the "repost"

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calender
I, like many, have always been curious about how the ancients moved the huge stones.

So, what you're saying is this guy from the present went through a wormhole that acted like a time machine when he traveled to Zeta reticuli so he could teach the aliens how to do this so they could come to Earth and do it for the humans since humans were too stupid to build the pyramids?

Just kidding but that's the way some of the theories on ATS read. Our ancestors were no dummies so i don't think they needed any help from aliens to build the pyramids.

And yes this has been posted here before.

Since you're new, here's a tip, put the name of the man featured in the video (Wally Wallington) in your thread title, then run the search for that. Or you could search on "stonehenge" since he's building his own stonehenge.

I like the kind of "street smarts" this "good ol boy" has!

Another story about a guy who moved giant stones by himself is Ed Leedskalnin, creator of "Coral Castle" in Florida, I visited there years ago, it was pretty cool.

atlasobscura.com...

the 5 foot 100 pound Ed used his inherited skills to move blocks of Oolitic Limestone (fossilized coral) over 25 feet tall and weighing over 30 tons. This makes some of the stones in the Coral castle taller than in Stonehenge and heavier than the heaviest stone in the great pyramid of Giza.

new topics

top topics

join