It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Attacking Bosnian Man with Meteorites

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
SPACE.com

Five meteorites have fallen on Radivoje Lajic's house in the past six months. There is only one possible conclusion. Lajic says: "I am obviously being targeted by extraterrestrials. I don't know what I have done to annoy them but there is no other explanation that makes sense. The chance of being hit by a meteorite is so small that getting hit five times has to be deliberate."

Belgrade University scientists have confirmed that all of the rocks presented to them by Lajic are meteorites. The first meteorite smashed into his house last November. Since that time, four more have hit his home. Lajic has since installed a steel-girder reinforced roof on his home in Gornja Lamovite. "I am being targeted by aliens. They are playing games with me. I don't know why they are doing this." Although this story is somewhat hard to believe (it would be helpful to see the meteors in situ, having blown through the house, for example), it is as good a reason as any to discuss orbital kinetic energy weapons.

I thought this was kind of interesting, and I didn't find anything about this on ATS.

Any theories how this is possible, if you exclude the alien factor? I don't have any...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Maybe he should wrap his house in tin foil............

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

" Although this story is somewhat hard to believe (it would be helpful to see the meteors in situ, having blown through the house, for example), it is as good a reason as any to discuss orbital kinetic energy weapons.

Question why is it a good reason to discuss orbital kinetic weapons when that has nothing to do with the Five meteorites and how does he come to the conclusion that he is being targeted by aliens.
No offense to Op just can't see the connection between rocks hitting a house and some kinetic weapon.
I am sure many houses etc.. have been hit but don't suggest aliens.

Edit:

if you exclude the alien factor?

Sorry missed that bit as for theory call it bad luck IMO
Sorry ignore bad luck bad choice of words.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by k3rm1t]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Seems simple, really.

This guy ain't livin' right.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Is it possible the guy just had 5 meteorites, and then said they hit his house?

/rhetorical

EDIT (To add more lines
)

Really, without "proof" that the meteorites hit the fellows house...

(I don't count roof upgrades as "proof".)

[edit on 7/19/2010 by adigregorio]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by k3rm1t

Edit:

if you exclude the alien factor?

Sorry missed that bit as for theory call it bad luck IMO

Umm "bad luck" is as much scientifically plausible and valid as alien intervention , in my opinion . I mean what are you basing "bad luck on"
?

I would say there is much more scientific evidence about alien life in the cosmos (and with it the very unlikely but still slight probability of alien intervention) then there is evidence for "luck" or lack of it

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It's not hard to get hold of authentic meteorites. But bad luck? Have you ever known of anyone not through the internet or news media whos house has been hit by a meteorite?

Then times five. That is probably more odds than being hit by a falling coconut while being bitten by a shark and struck by lightning.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Ok I should have worded it better please ignore my remark 'bad luck'
All I meant was bad luck he got hit 5 times that's all.
Well seems Tabloids have this story
dailymail.co. uk
TheSun.co.uk

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopsyCret
SPACE.com

The chance of being hit by a meteorite is so small that getting hit five times has to be deliberate."
Any theories how this is possible, if you exclude the alien factor? I don't have any...

The odds of getting hit by even one meteorite are small. So to be hit by 5 of them seems like a statistical near impossibility.

I don't know what the odds of getting hit by 5 of them are, but let's say it's a billion to one. You're more likely to win the lottery with odds of 250 million to one, right?

However, there's another way to look at it. If there are six billion people on Earth, and the odds are a billion to one, it's going to happen to 6 people, right?

So that's my explanation, he's one of the 6

No aliens needed, just statistics. There are stories like this in Las Vegas about things happening with nearly "impossible odds", like a roulette wheel getting 20 reds in a row, where the odds are maybe 3 million to one of that happening. But start counting up all the roulette wheels, how many times they spin an hour, 24 hours a day, and what's nearly impossible then becomes near certainty since they have millions of tries to hit those millions to one odds.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TopsyCret

Being a meteorite collector and enthusiast, I have spent hundreds of hours researching meteorites and fall rates. I can tell you this is almost certainly a hoax. Meteorites do fall more common than many people believe, however to hit the same house 5 times??? I don’t think so.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
astronomy.fm...!.html

A nice little article about how to get micrometeorites from your roof.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
Maybe he should wrap his house in tin foil............

Interesting idea

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well in another article he claims to have been hit by 6 meteorites
Source

Radivoje Lajic first came to international attention in 2008, shortly after the fifth meteorite had crashed into the roof of his house in the northern village of Gornji Lajici. And now, within the past month, another rock has hit the roof of his house, in defiance of all the odds - making it six strikes since the plague of meteorites began in 2007.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Whats the location of this house and the significance with the history of the area?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
As the LAST person to use this phrase... He can turn lemons into lemonade.

Sell them! The prices paid for meteorites- especially certified ones are AMAZING! He could be raking in 10's of thousands by selling them online or to the right people.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

No offense to Op just can't see the connection between rocks hitting a house and some kinetic weapon. I am sure many houses etc.. have been hit but don't suggest aliens.

Look, i don't reckon he's being targeted by anyone or anything 'out there', in reality he's probably looking to recoup the money for the new roof he put on, from his home insurance.

But assuming he's telling the truth, the reason he'd concluded it's something otherworldly, is the sheer frequency of the meteorite hits on his home.

Sure, other homes get hit all around the world...but very, very rarely...and never five times spread out over a period of months.

The chances are more than astronomical (pun intended).

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
My guess:

His house got hit by 1 meteorite, which broke up into multiple pieces, and he keeps finding those pieces. However, instead of how a mentally healthy person would realize that as the situation, this mentally deranged man is reaching the incorrect conclusion that each time he finds one of the pieces that it means he got hit again.

In short, this is a funny story.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
in 6 months this guys house got hit 5 times? i would seriously get out of there. bigger ones may be on the way. where does this guy live anyway?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Clearly this gentleman needs to work on his karma.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Maybe local prankster kids in Bosnia use chunks of meteorite instead of the more traditional rotten eggs or toilet paper?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join