It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A video for "monkeys"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I enjoyed it a lot. I hope you will too.
Sometimes we have to "think" very hard about our origins, which we always already. Of course, it is a right question to ask "in what sense it will help me to accept that i am a monkey?" Yes, we have to go further, we are creating a new reality, but sometimes we just don't forget that we are nothing but fraking MONKEYS.
www.dailymotion.com...

[edit on 19-7-2010 by deccal]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

I liked it alot too. But here is another opinion...as compelling,
www.assuremag.com...
Origins of man: Aliens & Monkeys

The main question is not why humans are in a lot of ways similar to other mammals, because that is not a mystery. The fact that a lot of earthly mammals share common traits is because that is how organisms on Earth adapt to this planet’s environment and nature (on earth) seems to think that this design (brain, lungs, arms/legs, blood, drink water etc) is the best design for life on this planet. The question is: where do the traits that only humans possess come from? The common answer seems to be: evolution. It seems that a long time ago (estimates range from a million to seven million years), the earliest humans appeared. According to evolution, they had to have come from apes. But why are apes today are almost exactly like apes a thousand, or a million years ago, possibly with only slight variations, and live in exactly the same way and environment as their ancient predecessors, yet human progress seems to be steaming ahead. People change their world very rapidly, if you look at only a hundred years ago compared to today, computers, internet, cars and airplanes did not even exist or were in their infantile stage. So if humans came from apes, what triggered the switch and rapid progress? Was it a mutation? Scientists really have a hard time explaining and even came up with a concept of the missing link. But this link has never been found and is in doubt of ever being found. But why? Without further adue, I will summarize my theory now. I believe, that human origins lie beyond our planet. Basically, humans are a product of aliens from outer space and apes. I know that there has been theories suggesting that humans origins lie in beings from other planets, but none has suggested the cross breeding of aliens and apes. But, in fact, this theory would completely explain the unique traits of humans, which would come from extraterrestrials and human mammalian qualities, which would come from apes. It has been researched that human DNA is 98.5% similar to apes. Which means that the remaining 1.5% is our extraterrestrial heritage.

This site shows how tricky a question this is
mbe.oxfordjournals.org...

[edit on 19-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Interesting to read. But, claims like this: "But, in fact, this theory would completely explain the unique traits of humans, which would come from extraterrestrials and human mammalian qualities, which would come from apes." makes me little bit unhappy. How can it "explain completely" without single scientific evidence? Then a creationist can come and say, "Existence of God explains everything completely".
On the one side, there is knowledge and science, and on the other there is beliefs and speculation.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Actually the claim made we are similar to apes is not exactly accurate. If that were so it is postulated man would be less violent. Chimpanzees are a far more violent species than apes.

But if not for chimps, we would not all be such good dancers...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by deccal

It seems that a long time ago (estimates range from a million to seven million years), the earliest humans appeared. According to evolution, they had to have come from apes.

Humans came from Apes!? Well... Honestly, that explains a lot of the questions I've had lately...

*ByteChanger scratches his armpit...*

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Without further adue, I will summarize my theory now. I believe, that human origins lie beyond our planet. Basically, humans are a product of aliens from outer space and apes. I know that there has been theories suggesting that humans origins lie in beings from other planets, but none has suggested the cross breeding of aliens and apes. But, in fact, this theory would completely explain the unique traits of humans, which would come from extraterrestrials and human mammalian qualities, which would come from apes. It has been researched that human DNA is 98.5% similar to apes. Which means that the remaining 1.5% is our extraterrestrial heritage.

This is definitely not a scientific theory. A blind, unsupported proclamation that some of our DNA is "extraterrestrial" has a much value as claiming some of our DNA comes from underground flaming unicorns.

Such "theories" can be picked apart quite easily.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

I said it was a compelling thought, not that it was mine. Why is our rate of evolution so fast all of a sudden? Why an old primitive and a new brain over top of it, like a slap on modification, and where is that missing link?

We are closer in DNA similarity to chimps, than apes. Chimps are violent. Sometimes they cannibalize, so yes, it does explain a great deal.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

i love monkeys who share their cyber-ego with their inner humanzee. i love monkeys who think of themselves as monkeys without a tree. i love monkeys and will let mokeys just be. i love monkeys with two opposible thumbs, just like me. i love monkeys who love monkeys all for free. i love monkeys.

monkeys are so mythical and mysterieous and enigmatic that even the smartest monkeys don't know what a monkey really is. smart monkeys.

and which monkey has the biggest head? sometimes this monkey wonders.

i don't know a monkey who doesn't know a monkey who knows nothing about a monkey at all.

monkey,
et

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

We're not monkey's at all, we're a member of the great apes along with Chimpanzees and Gorillas. Christ... why can't people get it right? If you don't have a tail, your not a damn monkey.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I said it was a compelling thought, not that it was mine. Why is our rate of evolution so fast all of a sudden? Why an old primitive and a new brain over top of it, like a slap on modification, and where is that missing link?

We are closer in DNA similarity to chimps, than apes. Chimps are violent. Sometimes they cannibalize, so yes, it does explain a great deal.

Uh, Chimpanzees *are* apes.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I understand it was not your thought. The questions you have about evolution can easily be answered with a bit of research.

The notion of humans being spliced with alien DNA is new-age creationist ideology. It's unsupported by any evidence and is inherently plagued with problems. Should someone discover evidence which may adhere to the notion it's worth investigating but as Sagan once said, it would be easier to splice a man with an artichoke than with the genes of a being that developed on another planet.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

I understand it was not your thought. The questions you have about evolution can easily be answered with a bit of research.

The notion of humans being spliced with alien DNA is new-age creationist ideology. It's unsupported by any evidence and is inherently plagued with problems. Should someone discover evidence which may adhere to the notion it's worth investigating but as Sagan once said, it would be easier to splice a man with an artichoke than with the genes of a being that developed on another planet.

Sagan smoked a lot of pot.

"hybrid" is also used to describe crosses between animals of the same genus but different subspecies,

Mule, liger, yattle, tigon, yakalo. As long as the ET was of the same genus, perhaps an ancestor of ours anyway that left the planet and returned some millennium later.

No. Chimps are not apes. They are 2 distinctly different primates.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

No. Chimps are not apes. They are 2 distinctly different primates.

Chimpanzee's are apes, humans are apes, gorillas are apes. Monkey's and apes are part of the primate family.

Learn something before you reply again, please....

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Sagan smoked a lot of pot.

Ad hominem addresses none of the points.

Mule, liger, yattle, tigon, yakalo. As long as the ET was of the same genus, perhaps an ancestor of ours anyway that left the planet and returned some millennium later.

Doesn't this presume that hominids predated the apes you believe they were spliced with? Where's the evidence of this advanced ape-splicing species?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Doesn't this presume that hominids predated the apes you believe they were spliced with? Where's the evidence of this advanced ape-splicing species?

Doesn't he realize a hominid IS an ape???

How would ape's predate apes? Christ, it makes no logical sense at all. It's utterly devoid of any intelligent thought!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

This is sort of interesting and points to an ET origin for some of our genetic makeup and a cover up. And here is a really good discussion on ATS www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

So ... The human species is descended from a race of beings from another world who either crashed or colonized this planet?

How in the hell do people by into this garbage? There is no chance in hell that another world within reach of this one would have a species of life that matches genetically all other life on another world. We are from this planet and this planet alone and learning yourself some simple biology and genetics is sufficient to prove such.

*SNIP* gullible uneducated people will just buy into anything these days.

admin edit: Removed pointless profanity.

[edit on 7-20-2010 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

So ... The human species is descended from a race of beings from another world who either crashed or colonized this planet?

How in the hell do people by into this garbage? There is no chance in hell that another world within reach of this one would have a species of life that matches genetically all other life on another world. We are from this planet and this planet alone and learning yourself some simple biology and genetics is sufficient to prove such.

God damn gullible uneducated people will just buy into anything these days.

Do you have to drag out the obscenities and get so nasty? If there is life on other planets it is already theorized many of those species would also be bi-pedal humanoids. And it is already widely accepted organic life here came from microbes in meteors and asteroids from other planets. Transpermia. Try to keep up...something besides the old blood pressure!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

reply to post by deccal

This is sort of interesting and points to an ET origin for some of our genetic makeup and a cover up.

As I said before, ancient alien theory is creationist lore and sure enough, there's Michael Cremo the vedic creationist right in the middle of it. This video snippet also includes not one skeptical or scientific viewpoint addressing the so-called evidence on which the "ancient alienists" rest their case on.

Also, those who have ideas outside the scientific mainstream who claim that science won't except them because "they'll have to rewrite the science books" simply do not have evidence that holds up to scientific scrutiny. Science books are rewritten often and such an argument is common with fringe pseudoscientists.

Let's look at what was presented though. A spearhead turns up in rock older than dated humans. Well, strata gets overturned, people fall into wells and tarpits, etc. Such a find does not indicate alien presence on earth. If it did, then one must ask why ancient aliens are employing flint stone arrowheads instead of technologies that are at least advanced as what we use now.

Sure, this is a fun theory but not to be taken seriously in any way.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

If there is life on other planets it is already theorized many of those species would also be bi-pedal humanoids.

Theorized by whom exactly? Most of the scientists and astrophysicists seem to indicate it's extremely unlikely that intelligent life on other planets would come in the form of a bipedal hominid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join