It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMT Accused Of Ignoring Dying Woman Is Killed [NYC]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Well some may say that Karma is a real .....!

_

Some may. But to do that they would have to ignore all the many people who do much, much worse and live in the lap of luxury and have their every whim satisfied.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

I read the OP of the Thread that you linked to. That is beyond unthinkable!

If anyone is more afraid of being sued than they are of watching someone die, then they do not deserve to live among us. If I had an opportunity to save someone's life, and I lost everything I owned in the process, then that is a GOOD DAY! I still saved someone's life!! I can always get more stuff!

Now, the flipside of that, if I saved someone's life, and they turned around and sued me for it, I might go and reverse my mistake!
But, I guarantee that thought would not enter my head until after the fact.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The odd thing is that the collective "we" feel many ways about the whys, and say that it's karma, random, what have you... but the bottom line is why was this a story? What did "we" think was worthy of press about this?

Pure irony, all the way around the block.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Overall this is a very sad situation. 3 lives were lost over something that could have been prevented so easily. Im under the assumption the murder of the EMT was retaliation. No one wins here. Just a word to any EMTs, if you dont help someone dying, lunch break or not, you'll probably get shot and im sorry to say, you deserve it.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass

That is not Karma...

"In Indian beliefs, the karmic effects of all deeds are viewed as actively shaping past, present, and future experiences. The results or 'fruits' of actions are called karma-phala"

Perhaps not, but according to the definition above, it comes pretty close...

So according to that theory that woman and baby probably received that painfull ending due to their Karma

So, the EMT would have been wrong to intervene.

Isn't religion wonderful?

It can be used to rationalize ANYTHING.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The original story of him refusing help makes me sick and I have been waiting to hear what the verdict was going to be on their negligence.

I'll share a story of when I was much younger and was lucky to be helped by an OFF DUTY fireman. I had just gotten my license and was traveling on a highway. I was driving to an audio shop and had no idea where it was; so a friend of mine and his brother were giving me directions.

As we were traveling on the highway one friend said "get off this exit" and the other said "no don't" and then 'oh yeah get off!" Being a very immature driver and not realizing I had no time to safely exit, I hit the median which sent us (at about 45mp) into the sidewall of the exit flipping my car 3 times and eventually landing upside down. I unbuckled myself and my friends and we made it out of the car with no injuries (amazing). The car was smoking though, and an off duty fireman stopped to make sure we were okay AND more importantly take the keys out of my car so it would not explode (the engine was still on + the smoking/fire). He then went on his marry way. I look back and really think this man was a stand-up guy and wish I could thank him again. He took the time out of his day to pull over on a busy highway to help some kids.

I thought I'd share this so people realize that not everyone would act as these EMT's did but sadly this was a long time ago and I don't know that if the same thing were repeated, I (or anyone else) would get the same treatment.

I don't really know how I feel on his murder... I'm still debating (morals) in my head whether I believe he had it coming. This does however help strengthen my belief in doing good to others will bring yourself good.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by changetheworld]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

To throw in a monkey wrench into this karma thing. Suppose it was a revenge killing, who's karma is working overtime? Where does karma start? With the dead woman and her unborn child? With the death of the EMT? Better question: where does karma end?

Ya'al know that the concept of karma is a religious tradition, don't you, something like going to Heaven or Hell in Western cultures?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
People saying that they are glad he's dead then going on record saying that Karma is a B with an itch... should heed their own warning. Just saying.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends.-Gandalf

Powerful words.

We should all take heed.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Helmkat]

link   
This is exemplary of the Big City of New York. Or any big city for that matter.

People just don't care about anything except for themselves.

The woman died anyway, not as if anyone else tried to rescue her.

Our Karma is like a bank account with debits for bad deeds and credits for good deeds.

One event in itself doesn't zero out your account.

But Unfortunately, this individual's past actions had cumulatively debited his karmic account which inevitably lead to his early demise.

His final test was this incident at the Bakery. With his selfish actions at the bakery that day a mere reflection upon how selfishly he had lead his life.

He apparently had used up all of his credits bringing his account balance to Zero.

And once that occurs, your time is up. As was his.....

He will reincarnate to repeat this lesson. Hopefully he will have learned and hopefully gets it right the next time.

And to those that would have preferred to resorting to violence in their form of justice.

Let it be known that taking of one's life through murder OR suicide is the worst Karmic debt. You will be plagued with misery and misfortune in subsequent incarnations until the debt is re-payed.

link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

It matters not if the shooting was related to his idiotic act of ignorance, Justice has been served once again.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

These were not EMTs I believe. But infact 911 dispatchers. They may have had EMT training, but it's worthless without field experience.

But since you're a #ing idiot you'd over look that fact.

But even then, there's nothing they could of done for this woman, except give them her own emergency inhaler. Which she could of done herelf if she actually had it. An off duty EMT with no experience OR equipment can do nothing for this woman except say "Call 911." Which is what they did.

This would have required a paramedic with actual equipment to treat her.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Miraj]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
good. i generally regard emts and firefighters as good samaritans. and they are. unlike police. i hate hearing that emts or firefighters were hurt or killed. but this once, i'm glad.

of course i wasnt there, and this story may've been spun somehow. but as i heard it, he deserved it. but then, how many people did he save over his career? hmm. this is a tough one.

but according to the law, he was in the wrong. a doctor or nurse or emt must respond to any health issue in his/her immediate area. thats why doctors dont get personalized license plates as much anymore. cause if they drive past an accident, they can be sued. look it up.

seems like another devil gone. seems like good riddance.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

That's pointless though. They did what they could, and got killed for not looking busy.

Why risk their jobs when they can do nothing to help the woman?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mav0360

No that is not the law. In fact is strictly forbidden to act as an EMT unless you're on the job(You can thank the public for suing EMTs). The most they could of done was CPR. WHich would of been in-effective because the woman could not ventilate at all, and likely had respiratory arrest.

People don't understand the difference between EMTs and Paramedics. An EMT basic could have done nothing in this situation. A paramedic could if they had their equipment.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by mf_luder

These were not EMTs I believe. But infact 911 dispatchers. They may have had EMT training, but it's worthless without field experience.

But since you're a #ing idiot you'd over look that fact.

But even then, there's nothing they could of done for this woman, except give them her own emergency inhaler. Which she could of done herelf if she actually had it. An off duty EMT with no experience OR equipment can do nothing for this woman except say "Call 911." Which is what they did.

This would have required a paramedic with actual equipment to treat her.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Miraj]

Were they human beings?

It doesn't matter if they were 911 dispatchers or Trash Truck drivers with EMT training. You don't just walk away from a dying woman before help arrives?!?!?

There were plenty of other things that could have been done, even without EMT training, but especially with the training. Lie her still, try to calm her down, elevate her neck and tilt her chin to open airways. See if there is a first aid kit. See if anybody else in the room has an inhaler. Even perform mouth to mouth after her breathing stopped completely.

A 25 year old pregnant woman? Lying on the ground gasping for air? And you walk away? NO! NEVER! Unacceptable for anybody on any day regardless of profession, protocol, helplessness. Just being there and holding her hand may have made the difference!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

That is not Karma...

"In Indian beliefs, the karmic effects of all deeds are viewed as actively shaping past, present, and future experiences. The results or 'fruits' of actions are called karma-phala"

Perhaps not, but according to the definition above, it comes pretty close...

So according to that theory that woman and baby probably received that painfull ending due to their Karma

Clearly you don't know diddly squat about Karma because your little sarcastic response could very well be the truth. Sometimes you pay your karma in this life for the wrongs in another. This man getting shot and killed most certainly could of been his Karma as well.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

They have changed.. EMTs are only covered if they performed CPR or something like basic first aid.

You go around and start intubating people off the job (Stupid example I know) and you'll be gone before your next shift starts. Guarantee'd

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Not something I would do. But since Im soon to be an EMT.. I know that there's nothing that I could do. The woman was dieing because of an asthma attack..Not much you can do without drugs.

Anything they could do would have got them fired, and likely would not help.

It just pisses me off to see people praising someone's death because he understood that he couldn't help the woman. They should have called 911 but why didn't anyone else?

Those people are #ing idiots, and I don't usually apply the F-Word here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Well some may say that Karma is a real .....!

_

Some may. But to do that they would have to ignore all the many people who do much, much worse and live in the lap of luxury and have their every whim satisfied.

This is not how Karma works, not always. You could potentially live a life of sin and not pay for it until your next life, you could pay the big toll immediately or over a drawn out period of time. Karma can come in many forms too, maybe you were sexually abused, this could be karma for doing the same in another life. Maybe you ignored the dying pleas of a pregnant women, so your shot in the face. I'm not buddist nor do I suscribe but my gf is and I do believe what goes around comes around.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by ALlENATlON]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join