It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inmates say they witnessed man's death when jailers restrained, shocked him repeatedly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrispyB
reply to post by Exuberant1

there are some people that probably derserved to get tased, rather than shot. Not all cops are bad. Tasing itself isn't torture unless you abuse how it is done.

I agree, too bad that's the part the cops are forgetting. The taser is supposed to be used INSTEAD of lethal force. When they fire multiple rounds of taser into/onto someone, it can turn lethal very fast. They are supposed to be used in circumstances that you would not use your gun in, and only if REALLY necessary. They have killed far too many people.

edit to make more sense.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KrispyB

Tasing itself isn't torture unless you abuse how it is done.

Anytime you initiate force by inflicting pain to achieve a goal, you are committing an act of torture. Force should never be initiated against another human being. Furthermore, pain should never be inflicted to achieve a goal. It's one thing to defend one's self against an act of force, but it is something else entirely to inflict pain in order for them to comply with a command. After all, this isn't Nazi Germany, Gaza, North Korea or the USSR.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up Airspoon. It's sickening. Man like I've said a million times before, I was a cop for years and the one group of people in this world I can outright say I hate, is cops. I understand the need for real cops but there are hardly any "real" cops left. Just a bunch of sick bullies who take their rage out on people who can't fight back. I mean at least if you get jumped by a gangbanger like someone mentioned above being less afraid of, you can fight back. These sleeze buckets only get into fights when they know they have the other person severely outgunned, outnumbered, and usually already pinned.

Cops are scum... and jail guards are scum that can't make it as a cop..

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by KrispyB
reply to post by Exuberant1

there are some people that probably derserved to get tased, rather than shot. Not all cops are bad. Tasing itself isn't torture unless you abuse how it is done.

When they fire multiple rounds of taser into/onto someone.

That's because the first time they're hit; they barely feel it. Because they're that high and/or drunk.

[edit on 7/20/10 by Marked One]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by joe7pack
Do you know how many people have been convicted of a crime for filming the cops? It is almost unbelievable but true.

I haven't really heard of such. I've heard many many times that people have been arrested for that. I however don't know if anyone ever got convicted. Could you post some links please?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by KrispyB

Tasing itself isn't torture unless you abuse how it is done.

Anytime you initiate force by inflicting pain to achieve a goal, you are committing an act of torture. Force should never be initiated against another human being. Furthermore, pain should never be inflicted to achieve a goal. It's one thing to defend one's self against an act of force, but it is something else entirely to inflict pain in order for them to comply with a command. After all, this isn't Nazi Germany, Gaza, North Korea or the USSR.

--airspoon

I have an idea..why don't people follow lawful orders given by the police?They told him not to go for the shoes.He shouldn't have went for the shoes.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by indy0725

Why don't the police actually serve the public? When a population is held hostage to police orders, it is no longer a free society but rather an authoritarian one.

There could have been a number of reasons that he didn't comply fast enough. One being the stress of dealing with the cops in the first place. These days, people are deathly afraid of the police and for good read reason, obviously. Even law abiding citizens are frightened of the police and that is not the mark of a society based on freedom and liberty.

Another reason that the guy may not have "jumped" fast enough, is that sometimes people aren't as quick as the police want him to be. Truth be told, there could be a million different reasons for him not being quick enough to satisfy the murderer who killed him and none of those reasons warrant a death sentence.

With the same logic you are trying to present, you can also ask why a rape victim didn't do something different in an effort to not be raped, or why a robbery victim didn't duck before the robber fired his weapon. It is really irrelevant as the criminal is the one who initiated force.

In case you forgot, this is America, a country that is supposed to be founded on the ideal of liberty and boasts itself as the beacon of freedom. Sadly, this is no longer the case, as we aren't even free enough to make our own choices even when those choices don't affect anyone else.

It's ignorant people who seem to be okay with that notion, that bear full responsibility for our Republic being lost. It's too bad that we can no longer tar & feather these traitors who the lack the critical self thinking skills to hold the responsibility handed down to us by our founding fathers. It's these people who are to blame for the current crisis our country is in, IMO.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

It's ignorant people who seem to be okay with that notion, that bear full responsibility for our Republic being lost. It's too bad that we can no longer tar & feather these traitors who the lack the critical self thinking skills to hold the responsibility handed down to us by our founding fathers. It's these people who are to blame for the current crisis our country is in, IMO.

Maybe one day they will pay the penalty for their actions.

"Sir Thomas More: Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?

William Roper: Yes, I'd cut down every law in England to do that!

Sir Thomas More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down, and you're just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!

*There are a good many Ropers in America, and they already cut down the laws which protect them.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Why don't the police actually serve the public? When a population is held hostage to police orders, it is no longer a free society but rather an authoritarian one.

There could have been a number of reasons that he didn't comply fast enough. One being the stress of dealing with the cops in the first place. These days, people are deathly afraid of the police and for good read reason, obviously. Even law abiding citizens are frightened of the police and that is not the mark of a society based on freedom and liberty.

Another reason that the guy may not have "jumped" fast enough, is that sometimes people aren't as quick as the police want him to be. Truth be told, there could be a million different reasons for him not being quick enough to satisfy the murderer who killed him and none of those reasons warrant a death sentence.

With the same logic you are trying to present, you can also ask why a rape victim didn't do something different in an effort to not be raped, or why a robbery victim didn't duck before the robber fired his weapon. It is really irrelevant as the criminal is the one who initiated force.

In case you forgot, this is America, a country that is supposed to be founded on the ideal of liberty and boasts itself as the beacon of freedom. Sadly, this is no longer the case, as we aren't even free enough to make our own choices even when those choices don't affect anyone else.

--airspoon

I'm not afraid of the cops.I've never had a "run in with them".I follow the laws and haven't had problems yet in my 27 years.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Obviously, jail time has not `rehabilitated` the criminal from harming his own body. Yes, the tazer may have been too much. But if this guy hasn't learned to stop using the bad stuff, how much more when he gets out of jail? Some people got some bad habit/addiction. At least, now he is in a better place. Or is he? R.I.P.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join