It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inmates say they witnessed man's death when jailers restrained, shocked him repeatedly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Inmates say they witnessed man's death when jailers restrained, shocked him repeatedly

www.denverpost.com

Marvin Booker just wanted to get his shoes.

But deputies at the new Denver jail told him to stop. When Booker, who was being processed on a charge of possession of drug paraphernalia, didn't obey, he was held down, hit with electric shocks and then placed facedown in a holding cell, according to two inmates who watched it unfold.

Booker never got up. He was pronounced dead later that morning.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

"I've never seen anything happen like that before in my life," said John Yedo, 54, who was being processed on a charge of destruction of property and said he witnessed the scene. "What I saw is not what you'd expect to see in America."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

All this for being caught with drug paraphernalia? This guy was tortured for a victimless crime. Sadly, this is becoming the "norm" and is happening all too often. Authorities are not only killing people, but torturing them too, all because these people are making their own choices as to what they can put into their own bodies.

Anyone who thinks that we still have liberty, justice or freedom in this country, is under an illusion and needs to wake up because if you don't, it will be too late when it starts to happen to your family.

--airspoon

www.denverpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Our police officers take to electrro-torture like the Khmer Rouge guards.

*Why shock them just once when they can shock them all they want....

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is horsecrap. So now a guy cant even grab his shoes? This "do exactly what i say or im going to taze your ass" mentality that these cops have is very troubling. People are getting hurt and killed over the stupidest crap imaginable. Some goddamned shoes? Some of these cops need to get their heads out of their asses or either have them forcible removed. How is it that 4 or 5 cops cant subdue one person. (half asleep at that!) All we have are cowards these days. Dont get me wrong there are some truly good cops, but i believe that they will just hire anybody. Our cage gets smaller every day.

MOTF!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Now who ya gonna believe? Those fine, upstanding cops who swore an oath to uphold the law and put thier lives on the line or those scum bag dopers that sit in jails on a regular basis. That's what will be presented to a jury and you know they will be hand picked to satisfy the men in blue, or is that paramilitary black?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

The problem is an old one. One cop gets pissed at a guy about something he said or did and he knows the others will back him on his lie about what went down. He then tases the crap out of him knowing the good ol' buddy system will most likely prevail. It takes hard core evidence any more, like video, to prove these bad cops are a bigger threat to society than any drug user. And to think cops like that are suppose to exemplify civilized society. What a #ing joke!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Do you know how to tell when an inmate is lying?His mouth is moving.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
All over drug paraphernalia, thats the real crime in my opinion, I am just as angry at the fact he was put in jail in the first place as I am at his treatment. If people could mind their own business instead of forcing their fake "christian" values on others, this man would never have been arrested, my tax dollars wouldn't have been wasted in processing/court/jail, and most importantly this man would be alive. Another senseless victim of the war on drugs.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by CREAM]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by indy0725
Do you know how to tell when an inmate is lying?His mouth is moving.

You are telling lies.

*I can safely say that because what you said is not accurate and you know that to be the case.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by indy0725

Well, considering the fact that most "inmates" are actually political prisoners as opposed to criminals, I would tend to believe them over the "system" any day.

Naturally, an action isn't a crime unless it negatively impacts another person, thus most "inmates" are incarcerated for political reasons, as opposed to crimes. This would make criminals out of the people upholding such a syetem, since their crime is negatively impacting the lives of others. It is they who are the initiators of force.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrispyB
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

The problem is an old one. One cop gets pissed at a guy about something he said or did and he knows the others will back him on his lie about what went down. He then tases the crap out of him knowing the good ol' buddy system will most likely prevail. It takes hard core evidence any more, like video, to prove these bad cops are a bigger threat to society than any drug user. And to think cops like that are suppose to exemplify civilized society. What a #ing joke!

Do you know how many people have been convicted of a crime for filming the cops? It is almost unbelievable but true.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Marijuana doesnt kill people, cops kill people who use marijuana.

If you ask me, this cop should beput up on manslaughter charges.
(he proably is).

Then he will get a taste of what its like to be on the other end of that tazer.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I have this idea to save money.

Municipalities who adhere to it could potentially save millions every year.

*This idea involves firing all those officers who have ever used a taser and charging them with torture, handing their names to interpol, etc. (remember, Torture is a Crime Against Humanity.)

Not only will we rid ourselves of all officers who engaged in torture, but we won't have to pay their pensions anymore. And by reducing the rest of the officers pay to no more than that of the lowest paid soldier serving anywhere, we can save even more money. Like with the Army, people would join the police to serve, not the paycheck.

$thatsasmallfortune$

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

While I agree with your premise, I don't think that reducing the paychecks of our LEO community would be such a good idea. Just take a look at Mexico and the other LaAm countries. These forces are riddled with corruption that is very hard to rid.

You see, the lowest paid soldiers here in America, make around $900/month (E-1

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I agree this is unconscionable in the case of "drug paraphernalia."
Why don't I see murderers getting tased in jail, it seems the lesser criminals or "suspects" get killed quite often? I have done several reports on local taser deaths, one guy had a broken-down car ! What a crime. Another guy was in a facility, for mental issues. Not serious ones either.
I have a friend who says the same thing each time I find one of these reports.
"They don't have the guts to tase or accost the real gangsters and armed thugs, they attack these guys cause they can."
I hate to think that. But the G20s taught me a LOT.
I work with gangsters, and they are scary. But when my Son goes to the store, I do not worry about him being jumped by gangsters, I worry about an innocent traffic stop killing him.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CestLaVie
But when my Son goes to the store, I do not worry about him being jumped by gangsters, I worry about an innocent traffic stop killing him.

Same here.

Pretty sad state of affairs isn't it?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I watched jailers beat a guy into a bloody pulp who didn't want to cooperate quickly enough for them. Had I had a gun at the time I would have happily executed all 8 or 9 of those jailers that I watched beating that man until he was unconscious. It was something that I never expected to see in the U.S.A., not even at the worst biker or gangster bar that I could imagine at that time. They threatened me not to look while it was happening - It was something that changed me forever. Probably the first time I ever saw real evil happening in my life.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
I have this idea to save money.

Municipalities who adhere to it could potentially save millions every year.

*This idea involves firing all those officers who have ever used a taser and charging them with torture, handing their names to interpol, etc. (remember, Torture is a Crime Against Humanity.)

Not only will we rid ourselves of all officers who engaged in torture, but we won't have to pay their pensions anymore. And by reducing the rest of the officers pay to no more than that of the lowest paid soldier serving anywhere, we can save even more money. Like with the Army, people would join the police to serve, not the paycheck.

$thatsasmallfortune$

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Exuberant1]

So in no situation should a cop use a taser?Not even to stop an unruly person who does not follow lawful order or assaults the police?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by joe7pack

Yes, I've heard that before, just recently. Doesn't it all depend on where they're being filmed or other factors though? Not that I uphold the reasoning, just wanted to clarify it is so. I feel that if someone can video tape you in public or in a building, then you can do the same. No one is exempt from being filmed if others aren't.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I think that is a little much since there are some people that probably derserved to get tased, rather than shot. Not all cops are bad. Tasing itself isn't torture unless you abuse how it is done. I'm not so sure that treating cops like military personnell is a good thing either. They already dress like paramilitary and act rougher than they used to and it's getting worse. No need to encourage military like behavior. Besides, no rule or law is any good if it's not enforced, like our border laws.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by KrispyB]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join