It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troktiko – Controversial Greek blog administrator is assassinated

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ne nuntium necare - Don't kill the messenger...

This proverb was first used by Shakespeare in 1598. Apperently humanity has changed little since then...

S&F for your post...but I'm sorry to read this is happening in our so called civilized world.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
One has to earn to go to Stovakor.

Cowards in police uniforms killed a man pulling him out of bed at dawn.
Interesting, why they chose police uniforms?
Because the police are the "good guys". Don't ever doubt that.
They pass unnoticed, unchallenged, unquestionable...

For casings they say "used by specific group" - like there is only this specific kind of casings reserved for usage by only this group of criminals and no one else in the whole world. Who is really buying that? The elite must be laughing their barking mouths at this gaffe

As for death... What do we really know about death versus this fantastic life of slavery we have offered as the only alternative opposed to death. Sorry, but I think they're hiding something. Something the greatest minds knew, and were prosecuted for that knowledge.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Superb breakdown of the bull# propaganda!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Sad that the man is dead if he stood for righteousness.

Universal law: You reap what you sow.

A plant cannot grow without water.

His killing was a watering of all the seeds he planted.

More of these blogs will rise and more voices will be heard, even more loudly than his. His death will be a blessing for his cause. ...Hopefully.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Right-wing death squads have plagued Greece before .... as have the Left-wing variety.

All across Europe there is an abandoning of the most positive aspect of Christianity, that being the proclamation that human beings are made in God's image and are not to be killed.

As a post above notes the blood from a martyr plants a thousand million seeds and waters them to maturity. Fascists and Stalinists never, never, never learn that lesson.

I am reminded of ATS own Amaterasu and her genius idea of everyone having the legal right to record and keep their own point of view via a camera worn on one's person that immediately records and downloads the video feed to a secure location. Of all of the ideas I have encountered on ATS Amaterasu's idea about "jewelry of witness" containing such cameras and her concept of the CUBE are the most significant ideas by far. Had this idea been in place for Socrates before his assassination the demons dressed as police men would be identified if not visually by voiceprint identification.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This wasn't because of leftists, conservatives on the right, or anything else. This was a straight up move by the government of Greece to shut him up. Plain, flat out, and simple.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Make him a martyr by looking up what he stood for and what he did.

Anyone who speaks out have to be prepared to get killed by the cowards running this world, but its so worth it. Death is not the end.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Do people still not realise whats going on, or are people just blinded by the information overload of our time?

These so called "domestic terrorist groups" which have emerged, think a little..
What purpose do they serve?
Whose purposes do they serve?

Involvement in Greece by American intelligence agencies is still high. They have links with Greek intelligence agencies and others.
America has big interests in the immediate region and wider region.

The mess in Greece isn't the creation of solely the Greek elite and corrupt politicians, its the creation of the global elite which the Greek elite belong to. They are complicit. There have always been traitors throughout Greek history. The only difference is the means in which they betray us.

The mess is big, and extremely complicated. It's not just the financial mess this past year or two.
There's a lot of aspects to it. Too many.
Most of it though you wont believe because you will wonder why would they bother. But that demonic bastard Henry Kissinger once uttered some words which should point most people in the right direction, thought wise..

The near collapse of the economy, the political scandals, the corruption scandals, the riots and civil unrest, the so called "domestic terrorist groups", even the forest fires....it's all orchestrated.

Wasn't it convenient for some that Archbishop Christodoulos died? He spoke out against glottalization, basically openly and publicly opposed the elites/globalists agenda. And since then...thing's have gotten worse.

Things are dark now, and will get darker. But rest assured brighter days are coming. We shine in the darkest hours.

The spirit of resistance & the thirst for freedom will never die within us. It's part of who we are.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
pfft typical humanity...

Always lies upon lies just to make one group seem superior and yet they are nothing. Humanity is full of lies and hates the truth. Sad a good man had to die for finding the truth. That is why I like the internet and anonymous screen names. Tell all the truth you want and they don't know who you are unless they some how hack the servers.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Why didn't he have a tripwire at his house to take out the terrorists who came into his house to kill him?

We need to nuke the country who killed a person who tells the truth. Karma will go back to the ones who killed this guy. I hope he had some crazy specopcs people in his family who will hunt down the killers and skin them alive and put it on tv for everyones viewing benefit.

And when I mean skin, I mean skin. Not shoot with bullets. Take some pliers and take the skin off, while videotaping. This is what murderers need.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Why didn't he have a tripwire at his house to take out the terrorists who came into his house to kill him?

Because he never expected an attack upon him.
Why would he in a modern day 'democratic' state?

We need to nuke the country who killed a person who tells the truth.

And what about the vast majority of Greeks who neither support the terrorists or the corrupt government that Giolias sought to expose?

Me, I just hope it proves the spark that brings about positive change for the people of Greece and that the people who are really behind this crime are caught and that justice is done.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Because it wasn't the blamed "terrorist" group who killed him, but people with things to hide.

We need to nuke the country who killed a person who tells the truth. Karma will go back to the ones who killed this guy.

Most ridiculous thing I've read in a while on ATS, and not because I'm Greek.
You want an entire country, 12 million people, killed, because of a minority of bad apples which don't even represent 0.5% of the population?

Yeh, great logic mate.
Talking about karma. I wonder how karma will surprise you.

I hope he had some crazy specopcs people in his family who will hunt down the killers and skin them alive and put it on tv for everyones viewing benefit.

So you want one crime answered by multiple crimes?
Firstly the crime of multiple murders, and then for them to break into a tv studio and broadcast their crime to the rest of the country?

And when I mean skin, I mean skin. Not shoot with bullets. Take some pliers and take the skin off, while videotaping. This is what murderers need.

What's wrong with you?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
Still very little on the net on this story. Just come across the following article, however, which raises more questions than it answers:

ATHENS, Greece - A Greek journalist was gunned down Monday outside his home in Athens, in an attack police say is linked to a domestic terrorist group. Sokratis Giolias, 37, died after being shot more than 15 times before dawn in the capital's eastern neighborhood of Ilioupoli.

Police said bullet casings at the scene matched two 9-millimeter handguns used by the Greek terrorist group Sect of Revolutionaries. Sect of Revolutionaries emerged followed Greece's widespread rioting in December 2008, sparked by the police's fatal shooting of a teenage boy. The group has vowed to carry out attacks against police and the news media, which it accuses of helping corrupt business interests mislead public opinion.

Greek journalist gunned down, police cite terror

Am I missing something, or are the police claiming a group that "vowed to carry out attacks against police and the news media, which it accuses of helping corrupt business interests mislead public opinion" has just shot the biggest anti-corruption journalist in the country?!

Does anyone smell a rat?

Typical Houdini tactics here, Misdirection.

Kill the blogger and pin it on another enemy of the state.

With tactics like these you use the unguarded as martyrs to
justify locking up those you cannot kill.

Machiavelli would be so proud.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Here is an article that is a little more nuanced than most:

Assassination in Athens

While most mainstream sources have simply regurgitated the standard police line, this one touches on some of the suspicions raised in this thread. The following passage caught my eye in particular:

“Everyone read Troktiko, both those who loved it and those who hated it,” said a journalistic colleague who asked for anonymity. “His assassination appears suspicious and, in the journalistic community right now, most journalists are not swallowing the line that it was the Revolutionary Sect’s doing.”

Although he confessed to having no shortage of enemies, Giolias refused to hire bodyguards, his lawyer said and suggested that the hard drives the police confiscated from his home may hold clues as to who was the killer. One clue to Giolias’ assassination may lie in a sparse two-line posting published a few days before his death on Troktiko (which means Rodent in Greek) promising pending revelations of corrupt ties between “security forces and a businessman.”

Colleagues described Golias as a deeply devout Christian who filled his offices with icons of Greek Orthodox saints and was preparing to publish a book about corrupt practices in Greece.

“I just believe that behind this assassination are people who were impacted by what Socrates was researching and they, for sure, are not terrorists,” said a comment on a Greek blog, rejecting the official version that the assassination was a terrorist hit.

Though the truth may never be revealed, the police have said that all signs point to a contract hit...

You'd expect the journalistic community to have a good feel for who might be behind the killing, wouldn't you? Will any of them have the guts to really start digging?

And how about the last line above? Is there perhaps a heavy hint we should be reading between the lines there?

All in all the article helps to flesh out the life and work of Socrates Giolias for those who didn't know him. But this line towards the end came across as really quite odd:

Although Giolias had uncovered corruption and earned himself enemies in the past, he was also a hated figure in the anti-establishment blogosphere, where he was regularly attacked for his alleged ties to the Greek police and his conservative bent.

I can only speculate that at this point the author may have been repeating a slur propagated by his (clearly numerous) enemies. It almost sounds like something an editor has inserted after submission. *Someone trying to cover their back, perhaps*?

(Perhaps Greek the posters will be able to elaborate.)

[edit on 20/7/10 by pause4thought]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Hi forum i was searching about area 51 and aliens generally and google "threw" me to this site where i saw the post about this trategy. Im Greek student i study computers and cant w8 to make some money and leave this hell they robbet us all and they are still out there you know who is in jail? that guy who sneak in into a store and took one bread bcause he didnt had to eat! they robbet millions and are still free. I read troktiko everyday its the best here, 2day i didnt checked it at all and i saw this and im shocked i mean the good people always need to pay it i really liked him as person and journalist he wasnt afraid of nothing and we all trusted him but looks like he had lots of enemies as all good people we will never forget him RIP (and sorry for my english it sucks little bit)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by like_summer

Welcome to ATS. I am sorry it had to be under such sad circumstances.

The murder of this bold champion of truth has touched a lot of people, including those who had never known or heard of him. It is not surprising those who looked to him for insight into what was going on 'behind the scene' so to speak have been hugely shaken.

When you feel able please take a little time to read through the whole discussion. We have tried to put together the shreds of information that are available, but you may perhaps be able to shed a little more light on some of the questions that we have discussed.

Once again, you are very welcome indeed. And your English is a lot better than our Greek (to say the least)!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
seems like another lesson from TPTB not to report on there evil doings, its sad that honest men are shot down for there honesty, while the liars are greatly rewarded.

its a sad world we live in.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This kind of murder might be more about what he was going to say rather than about what he was saying before.
This is totally political.
There is a high probability that criminals (drug dealers) are actually the hand of darkness of politicians, who in situation that exists in Greece are quite short of money.
One hand hiding behind the other.
Austerity measures would hit the politicians too.
The guy with big phone bill may be a casualty of this situation, spending money on sex-phone (totally irresponsible behavior).
There should be more indications similar to these, directly arising from Greece's bankruptcy at this stage.
Politics goes criminal in a very opportunistic way.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

It's hard to know where to begin with this pathetic post.
There's a lot I could say to you right now, but I wont because it would land me in trouble with the moderators.

Bankruptcy? Sorry, didn't happen.
People short of money? Sorry, didn't happen.

The only "shortage of money" experienced is in the government budget.
You probably haven't even worked out yet that the "bail out" hasn't happened yet.

If you don't know what you are talking about, it's sometimes best to keep quiet.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by like_summer

Stop wining.. We conquered more than we could imagine.. We rose from the darkest periods.. We gave the light! And we will rise once again out of this misery they put us in.

So just don't...!

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Hellas]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join