It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Why does the majority think something will actually happen? What makes us so special that some of us think that in 2012 extraterrestrial beings from another star system light years away will come here and give us advice and take humanity's hand and lead us into a better future?

I'm just not feeling this whole 2012 thing, there are thousands of prophecies that claim to talk about what will happen in 2012 but they are just prophecies, when was the last time one came true?

I think that this whole 2012 phenomena was stirred up by hollywood to take advantage of it, has anyone noticed all of the end of the world movies coming out lately?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Instead of taking the time of creating a thread about 2012 you should start doing research about what those people believe in.

Maybe your soul will hear it, and say ahh, yes, I see what is coming, I believe. Or, maybe you will not see it, not hear it, and not believe it.

At any rate, you will be the one to decide.

I'm not feeling taxes, but I pay them everytime I buy something in this state. I'd talk about my own beliefs, but anyone can find that out.

Lastly, The majority of people are just like you. Have heard of it, know literally zero about it, and thus, cast it aside. The majority certainly doesn't believe in a EOTWAWKI scenario. I also think Hollywood used the movement to gain. Not the other way around like you suggested.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by sticky]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

perhaps most people desire & wish for some dramatic change...

and the 2012 theme is available to latch on to.

the wars, the taxes, their 401k losing 1/2 its value,
their mortgages being much greater than the home value,
the GM foods we are forced to eat,
the processed foods the FDA allows so we are eating the scraps & trash our grandparents would not even consider eating.

the stresses are piling up and seem unsurmountable,
the systems are so tight & constricting , it seems only a global catastrophe is an appropriate solution to break the chains of bondage to the 'system/matrix'

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Why 2012 ?

Well, my view on it :

Krmmt : Maitreya ..

Maitreya which is United Nations agenda for the New Oness World under the enlightenment of the Teacher.
2012 is ca. 2000 years after they put Jesus in charge, and the New techer will come now.

2012 is the UN funded 'Return' of the one based on the luciferian theology by Bravatska (?) in the Age of The Aquarius ......

This is by far near correct, I dont have the info infront of me right now, but, watch links..

Very short one..

Old World Secrets by Brandon Levon. 12 episodes.

Aquarius : Age of Evil 14 episodes.

If you bother to watch these, one can easily see that it is all made up and used as a timer/clock for End Times and 'returning of Gods' in the purpose to instill Control over the people again...

So, if you should one day see UFO's enMass, think of Goats and spirals and Ladders : Go up High !!!!

[edit on 19/7/2010 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I am listening to the videos above for a different perspective...but I really like the explanation provided in this series below.
Something to do with the photon belt...????
These videos explain the whole thing, believe it or not....!
If you don't have time to watch all the videos...just listen to the last one.

Are you a light worker?

[edit on 19-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Why does the majority think something will actually happen?

I don't think it is a majority. I believe it is a very small group of people interested in 2012 or believe that it is anything more than another passing fad of silliness. The claims for 2012 are marginal truths or hoaxes. The best claims is the anything goes claim in which it seems there is a prophecy that something might happen or it might not. That's not very useful is it?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by muse7

perhaps most people desire & wish for some dramatic change...

and the 2012 theme is available to latch on to.

I agree, it's a wierd human trait.

A friend who i met on hoilday in the Maldives shortly after the Indonesian Tsunami had hit, said that it would be amazing if a tsunami hit the island we were on. I asked why and he said well it would be great to tell your friends about it and how you survived.

It's like when we had an earthquake swarm here in Manchester UK. Going into work the next day after one of the stronger tremors hit, you wouldn't believe the stories people were telling, like being shaken out of bed, pictures falling off the walls. When realistically such a minor tremor couldn't do that sort of damage.

2012 will come and go, people will move onto the the next date of doom.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

The 2012 is the results of the pagan calendar of the Maya civilization that ends on that year.

And as with everything, the predicted end of days years have failed, so now all the eyes including the religious ones are hopeful that the pagan Mayan calendar give them the answer the seek, and with everything it has been exploited by propganda.

top topics

join